ACC Blancpain GT @ Hungaroring - Tue 30th Jul 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Yea, so that was a disaster, hurt my car, hurt my ego... But worst of all, I hurt my balls. Literally.

Managed to take qually with a PB with the very last lap. So I was happy with that.
For the start of the race, I wanted to back the field up, but I guess P2 didn't agree with that and just sat on the limiter anyway - Both of us then ****ed it when it went green and we both sat in 1st gear bouncing off the limiter so the 3rd place guy had a run into T1.

Managed to hold on to P2 and so for the next two laps I seemed to have more pace in the car than the Audi infront of me. 3rd lap it went down hill. Car was so understeery and just drove like a boat, then it'll snap on me on exit as well, as I was trying to put power down. The car was just burning the front left so hard I just plowed everywhere. In my fury of trying to force the car to drive in a certain way, I cooked it into T2 and spun on entry.

Gathered the car back up in 3rd place and set on catching the car in front. For a few laps where I took it easy the tyres did cool down a little, but I was running 2 seconds off pace doing that, and I was already slow compared to practice. I catched back up to the 3rd car and overtook him for 2nd again, as he made a mistake in the middle sector.

I kept on driving and then I freakin' made the exact same mistake into T2 as I had done earlier on. I got back on track, still in P2. This was not for long, as the AC gods would see me not finish the race.
https://gyazo.com/ed3c60079c6c2ef2747770fcae276e13 With the instant snap of the car, I tried saving it but the wheel literally threw my hands off, and I punched myself in the sack. :poop::cry::notworthy::sick::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

I was ****ed, the car was ****ed. parked the car and spent the rest of the race writing this.

Gonna go do some troubleshooting with this set.

Gathered the car back up in 3rd place and set on catching the car in front. For a few laps where I took it easy the tyres did cool down a little, but I was running 2 seconds off pace doing that, and I was already slow compared to practice. I catched back up to the 3rd car and overtook him for 2nd again, as he made a mistake in the middle sector.
well, some call it cooling it down, some call it sweating like a pig, that's what I did when you "cooled down" behind me :D Great pace! Get well soon, Joakim's balls!
I did not think I would score on that track, but apparently I did! Great racing, Jenson! Your tyres had to be torn off in the last few laps?

So just a follow up:
After some quick testing after the race, going back to an earlier set. Turns out I just ****ed the car with some aero changes. Made it way too understeery, and the stuff I did to negate that, just ended up making it snappy on throttle... So yea, should've stuck with my original set and maybe I would've been able to race @Trebucht.

@Urlauber To catch and stay on the back of you I still had to push the car pretty hard. Yes I was a little quicker, but if you hadn't made that mistake it would've been much more difficult to get past you :p

well, some call it cooling it down, some call it sweating like a pig, that's what I did when you "cooled down" behind me :D Great pace! Get well soon, Joakim's balls!
I did not think I would score on that track, but apparently I did! Great racing, Jenson! Your tyres had to be torn off in the last few laps?

Yes @Urlauber that a nice long and fair battle!
For some reason my car was just crazy oversteery all through the race and it caused a few spins as you saw. While running behind you the oversteer was more manageable. When I finally passed you, I was pushing a bit more than the tires were happy with :)

Sorry guys, spun and should have either backed into the wall to get further off track or escaped out to avoid oncoming cars

Don't worry, it happens. I saw the yellow flags but could not see you right up until I hit you at the apex of the corner, sorry about that one.

The damage model in this game is very forgiving, so you could possibly have continued or pitted the car for quick repairs. With 12 people on track it can generally be enough so that you will eventually get into a battle again at some point :)

Unfortunately I was disconnected at the start :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to hear, hopefully you'll be gremlin free next time!

very enjoyable race loved every second of it...worth every cent buying premium here great racing and a super bunch of lads just talking before and after the race to them helps out someone thats new to this like me thanks guys

Thanks for the race last night everyone, sorry again Alan for the tap, and awesome to have been racing time-wise although we were a few seconds apart. That was helped by the constant pressure put in by @Stephen brophy for most of the race, that Bentley in the mirror was intimidating!

Get well soon Joakim, we're hitting the nu...rburgring tomorrow ;)

Don't worry, it happens. I saw the yellow flags but could not see you right up until I hit you at the apex of the corner, sorry about that one.

The damage model in this game is very forgiving, so you could possibly have continued or pitted the car for quick repairs. With 12 people on track it can generally be enough so that you will eventually get into a battle again at some point :)

Sorry to hear, hopefully you'll be gremlin free next time!

Thanks for the race last night everyone, sorry again Alan for the tap, and awesome to have been racing time-wise although we were a few seconds apart. That was helped by the constant pressure put in by @Stephen brophy for most of the race, that Bentley in the mirror was intimidating!

Get well soon Joakim, we're hitting the nu...rburgring tomorrow ;)
That's very interesting. Not a track I've driven that much in ACC either.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

People complain about how it is hard to catch a spin in this game...and I agree. I am not sure about the realism aspect. I can catch the spin if I catch it early enough so I suspect it is simulated realistically. The thing is with sim racing, things are more difficult because we cannot feel the g forces.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back