ACC Blancpain GT @ Hungaroring - Thursday 25th April 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
French ISPs always pick the best times to crap the bed. 200ms ping, losing connection to server every 5 mins or so. Please give my spot to one of the reserves. Sorry.

Thanks for the race guys!

Unfortunately I couldn't avoid front-end damage in the first turn accident, a car spun in front of me and it left me with an understeering car for the rest of the race. Dropped probably about 1.0-1.5 a lap. Had an amazing race though with @Arkoudadis, been chasing for many laps until he made a mistake where I could get side-by-side with him. Cheers man, enjoyed it a lot!

Sorry for the mess at the start, I normally start the engine as soon as I hit drive, but this time I wrote something on the chat and then I totally forgot until I pressed the throttle and saw the car was not moving :(

Anyway, I don't know what would have happened if the pack had been more compact, given what I saw after T1. Some people still want to win the race in the first lap it seems! :)

And then, guys, if you see an accident, hit your brakes! I saw cars coming from behind full throttle and hitting cars that were recovering from a spin. I went myself to the grass to avoid hitting other cars, nothing wrong with losing some seconds to avoid a worse outcome.

In situations like this, a Safety Car would be a great solution to allow people to regroup and have a better race. I know the guys in the front will not agree, but you need to think about the spectators! :D

I saw cars coming from behind full throttle and hitting cars that were recovering from a spin. I went myself to the grass to avoid hitting other cars, nothing wrong with losing some seconds to avoid a worse outcome.
I didnt see the accident till i was really really close to it, other cars were blocking my view :p

Good thing was I beat Ricardo Umans!!!!
I was already waiting for this post :(

Not a bad race. I started 17th and avoid the first turn crash again so I gained 8 positions!!! Sadly I went a bit wide in turn 11 and receiving a drive through for that ...I think a couple of warnings before being punished for exceding track limits would be fairer...

Anyway, I cleared it and after that my race was totally boring. Finally I was lapped by the leaders who where having a great battle and finished 13th overall and 2nd of Amateur drivers.

See you next race!!!

Thanks for the race guys!

Unfortunately I couldn't avoid front-end damage in the first turn accident, a car spun in front of me and it left me with an understeering car for the rest of the race. Dropped probably about 1.0-1.5 a lap. Had an amazing race though with @Arkoudadis, been chasing for many laps until he made a mistake where I could get side-by-side with him. Cheers man, enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks for the race mate! Really enjoyable duel! You had obviously the pace but you need huge speed difference in Hungaroring to get past which gave the the advantage until the point that you managed to get properly on my side!

Its really interesting how the tires are behaving! There is a very small window that they operate at their maximum and off that you are constantly sliding (a bit). I feel like i need to study my telemetry for the first time after so many years of racing! Kunos has probably made the best sim on the market!

Note. Would be nice to see some weather variations in a club race! Although people are not up to speed yet with how the game works, which probably will over complicate things! Or if we could start a race with the sunrise! for example 15 minutes of night and 30 minutes of sun! Bathurst like ;)

Its really interesting how the tires are behaving! There is a very small window that they operate at their maximum and off that you are constantly sliding (a bit). I feel like i need to study my telemetry for the first time after so many years of racing! Kunos has probably made the best sim on the market!

Totally agree. You can feel the evolution each corner. It´s being difficult for me to manage them in the last laps. They demand a lot of concentration...

See you on track!!!

Qualified badly, looks like the Beemer is yet again the car to use.
Still big accident at the start and I made up a bunch of positions. Then I had to defend for many laps as had a F488 up my chuff. Tried to catch the GTR in front of me but he was too fast and consistent.
Think I qualified 17th and finished 7th so quite happy with my morning work! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next race and agree that some early morning sunrise starts and damp tracks would be very welcomed.
I'm hopefully going to do some practice for the next race in something a bit nippier. Bentley is nice to drive but not as quick as the 488s or Huracans

I wanted to say sorry to @Celtic Pharaoh for exiting the pits in front of him when he was on a flying lap. According to the real time app, you were at forty-something seconds, so I thought I had time. Unfortunately the timing was not correct and we reached the apex of T1 more or less at the same time. Sorry!

I wanted to say sorry to @Celtic Pharaoh for exiting the pits in front of him when he was on a flying lap. According to the real time app, you were at forty-something seconds, so I thought I had time. Unfortunately the timing was not correct and we reached the apex of T1 more or less at the same time. Sorry!
Its okay. No problem :)
I know the problem you're talking about it with the realtime display. For some reason if two drivers following each other but are on different laps, then the gap display breaks for some reason and shows a very large gap when it shouldn't be more than 10s or something

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%