ACC Blancpain GT @ Hungaroring - Sunday 24th November 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Wow, this game's a blast now! Last time I tried it, I was just spinning every few laps touching the kerbs randomly.

Good pace up front, tried to keep up, gave 100%, but I'm just too much of a slow poke.

But all in all superb fun. Would be amazing with a full grid and 120 minutes.

Cheers @Ricoow for hosting.

Went better than I thought in P4 until 7 mins to go and just around 7 secs behind P2 and P3 when I of course had to loose my rear and destroy my car :mad:
Glad I managed to remain in P5, car was hardly drivable after that crash. It's just not going to be my favourite track.
Thanks for hosting @Ricoow!
Yeah P6 was me and I was being lapped so that would have been a terrible damage :p

Wow, this game's a blast now! Last time I tried it, I was just spinning every few laps touching the kerbs randomly.

Good pace up front, tried to keep up, gave 100%, but I'm just too much of a slow poke.

But all in all superb fun. Would be amazing with a full grid and 120 minutes.

Cheers @Ricoow for hosting.
Great race mate! Had to give it all to keep you at distance :thumbsup: Was great fun until I took myself out

Well, I finally won something!

First of all @Knut Mattheisen 2.5 off isn't slow, especially not for qualifying, times were getting crazy. Setup and technique may be to blame, but don't let it put you off, in this kind of racing anything can happen, being consistent is the key.

After the incidents in T1 and 2, I had a nice clear road in-front. Managed to make a gap to @Geof and then spent the rest of the race panicking I wouldn't have enough fuel. Thankfully the Aston is very use friendly, so kicked in consistent laps, so much so only 2 laps were outside of 0.8 of my best! And got my CN rating up to 98 :D.

Congratulations to the podium!
After Unreal crashed for the 4th time I spent 2h in an other server and never had an issue... Guess will stay away for a while.

Well, I finally won something!

First of all @Knut Mattheisen 2.5 off isn't slow, especially not for qualifying, times were getting crazy. Setup and technique may be to blame, but don't let it put you off, in this kind of racing anything can happen, being consistent is the key.

After the incidents in T1 and 2, I had a nice clear road in-front. Managed to make a gap to @Geof and then spent the rest of the race panicking I wouldn't have enough fuel. Thankfully the Aston is very use friendly, so kicked in consistent laps, so much so only 2 laps were outside of 0.8 of my best! And got my CN rating up to 98 :D.

@robt100 yes i know it and normally i drive those races and get a place in midfield because my consistency is good. also i know, that qualifying is my problem - in every race/ in every sim. That's because i'm a "setup-noob":(
but yesterday it was to much for me. But thanks for your feedback. Next race we will see. Maybe you'll give a little bit support in setups for me... ;)

Anybody has a replay file of the start? :D
Strange thing, actually: I was looking at the replay, but it only saved the last 54:37, so the first part is missing for me as well, I wanted to record some highlights. Do you have the same issue? Is it by design? A setting perhaps?

Strange thing, actually: I was looking at the replay, but it only saved the last 54:37, so the first part is missing for me as well, I wanted to record some highlights. Do you have the same issue? Is it by design? A setting perhaps?
The max replay setting can't be more than one hour so with the race being slightly longer than that you'll loose the first few minutes unfortunately.

The max replay setting can't be more than one hour so with the race being slightly longer than that you'll loose the first few minutes unfortunately.
Cool, good to know, but shouldn't my replay then be exactly 60:00 instead of 54:37?

Regardless, I will record my races live in future, I just didn't want to risk it with a game I had just reinstalled.

Mine was set at 30 and recorded 32,so i was hoping 64 on the 60 setting. Probably a memory thing. I just loved the start I had and wanted a closer look at T2 incident

Mine was set at 30 and recorded 32,so i was hoping 64 on the 60 setting. Probably a memory thing. I just loved the start I had and wanted a closer look at T2 incident
Mine actually recorded an 8 minute Highlights as well, which includes most of the first lap. I can send that, although @speedyx56 already uploaded his. Let me know in case you need it.

After being at Kyalami this past Saturday and this race last night, I don't wanna stop driving this. Seeing these cars in real life gave me an insane appreciation for both the cars and the drivers. They move around so much, it's almost strange how the TV doesn't capture them nearly in all their glory. And holy **** are they loud! I took a few videos personally, which are already much louder than the TV footage, and I had to increase my volume to about 3X my normal listening volume to give my wife an idea how loud they are.

I used to say these cars are so slow, but I definitely won't be doing that any more!

But I digress.

Mine actually recorded an 8 minute Highlights as well, which includes most of the first lap. I can send that, although @speedyx56 already uploaded his. Let me know in case you need it.

After being at Kyalami this past Saturday and this race last night, I don't wanna stop driving this. Seeing these cars in real life gave me an insane appreciation for both the cars and the drivers. They move around so much, it's almost strange how the TV doesn't capture them nearly in all their glory. And holy **** are they loud! I took a few videos personally, which are already much louder than the TV footage, and I had to increase my volume to about 3X my normal listening volume to give my wife an idea how loud they are.

I used to say these cars are so slow, but I definitely won't be doing that any more!

But I digress.
It's awesome isn't it? My first GT3 experience was at Zandvoort a few years ago, ADAC GT Masters was in the Masters of Formula 3 programme. Lovely machines, extremely noisy and fast whilst providing a lot of close racing. Have been to quite a few GT3 races since and it never bores.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%