• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Blancpain GT @ Brands Hatch - Thursday 13th June 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club' started by Ricoow, Jun 8, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 13-06-19
  1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,135
    I know, I meant the latest beta patches

2. Foxy-McFox

Foxy-McFox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    hopefully it's not too late to squeeze me in? cheers!

3. Foxy-McFox

Foxy-McFox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    at least the dry line is easy to see

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +370
    sorry have to pull out of this one. Cheers

5. Ken Bell

Ken Bell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +228
    Really sorry @Ricoow Getting really stressed out (PTSD and stroke)
    Tight demanding circuit and I am not fast so think I better relax.
    Again, Sorry man.

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Arkoudadis

Arkoudadis
    George Georgiadis Premium

Ratings:
    +86
    For the majority of EA we were saying "oh cant wait for full formation lap" and now that we have it we dont use it?
    ****ing joke! half the grid crashed before the last turn! Because pro sim racers are stalling on the formation lap! If you havent practiced it dont use manual controls! Once again race ruined before it even gets the green flag! Really disappointing club races!

7. Henri Sinik

Henri Sinik
    Drillers Esports Premium

Ratings:
    +398

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium

Ratings:
    +5,978
    I had some cracking battles out there. Who says you can't overtake around Brands Hatch?! :roflmao:

Had some good fights with @T0mpang on the first lap, @Nasos Charalampou in the middle of the race, and a really close one with N. Redman (Can't find your user account, sorry).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +221
    We sit a similar distance from the screen, the calcs say the fov should be 34, I run 36 (I think for this car, track) yours looks huge!

10. Henri Sinik

Henri Sinik
    Drillers Esports Premium

Ratings:
    +398
    56°

11. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +221
    Ta, blimey, that's huge!

Obviously works for you though :thumbsup:

12. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +813
    You would believe the redheaded MILF i saw at the lake today

13. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +221
    I had a PB in qualy and was 6th on the grid, really happy with that given the quality racing.

Good start made up a position to jump M. Rudolf in the Ferrari and was chasing @Trebucht down in the Audi. Sadly he had a moment, shot off sideways out of my view, then collected me allowing the Ferrari to get past.

Was managing to get back on terms but traffic didn't help and as soon as I got in a position to pressure, I had to drop back a fair bit.

Then @LeSunTzu, who was faster in the same car (Lexus), caught me and I had to really focus on not making a mistake and defending. Managed to keep him at bay on the two occasions he was attacking and it's probably the best defending I've had to do for a while. Thankfully, he gave me a get out each time by the smallest of mistakes, but it made me work hard. I also lost sight of the car up front so settled for a happy 5th.

As always @Ricoow , thanks for hosting mate.

14. Henri Sinik

Henri Sinik
    Drillers Esports Premium

Ratings:
    +398
    When I started sim racing back in 2007 with Richard Burns Rally this was the default value in that game and I have used that value in all racing games from then on, recently tried FOV calculators and just can't get used to smaller numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Rudolf

Michael Rudolf
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for a great race @Asterix! Had a hard time keeping you at a comfortable distance ;)
    Got close to P3 at some point but pushed too hard and made a lot small mistakes. Very happy with P4 in the end.

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. Michael Rudolf

Michael Rudolf
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    I would appreciate full formation lap too. Cold tyres and brakes make for a scary first corners. I think that would help making things more relaxed.

17. Nasos Charalampou

Nasos Charalampou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81

The start needs to be sorted by us the users.

Lets all agree -just like the golden rule- that we should all wait and keep our distances close. The leader each time should keep a low speed to let everyone catch up. And i think that joining ts should be mandatory -even without a mic-.

As for the race, i wasnt prepared at all. I was a bit sick and i decided to race with the Lexus, which i hadnt driven before -great car btw-.

We had a great battle with @Jimlaad43 but lag decided to end our battle early.

18. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,978
    Yeah, it was a shame it ended like it did. I tapped you through turn 1 because I had so much speed, so I was trying to not pass you into turn 2 because that would have been unfair. However, when I came back around T2, I realised @Geof was there, so I didn't want to let him through, but I had a run on you. I decided to brake early anyway to avoid hitting you and just to get the line on the Audi, but contact was made because of that horrible kink before the turn.

In reality, I should have just accepted the contact at T1 as "payback" for the contact at the final corner and tried to actually pass at T2, rather than braking on the grass and sliding wide. :roflmao:

19. speedyx56

speedyx56
    Premium

Ratings:
    +669
    Given that the leader is limited to 90km/h until the green light I'd say that's already the case...

20. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43

Ratings:
    +5,978
    The main issue is impatience in the pack. When the first cars start moving, someone at the back inevitably goes as well and hits the cars in front. Everyone needs to wait for the car in front of them to move before moving themselves, and once you're moving, please don't brake or lift off. It just sends a ripple backwards that usually ruins someones race before it's started. We almost need to do 2 races, one that's 5 minutes long to start with, then the normal one afterwards, just to give everyone a practice start.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.