ACC Blancpain GT @ Brands Hatch - Thursday 13th June 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
If you regularly visit our club, you could have guessed already! The next track is the last 'new' track from 1.0 release, Brands Hatch! Sign up now! (I know you want to)

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #1
Track: Brands Hatch
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rulebook: click here

Practice: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (45 minutes)

Server 1 Entry List
  1. @Ricoow
  2. @speedyx56
  3. @Trebucht
  4. @Michael Rudolf
  5. @Chris pinchbeck
  6. @Celtic Pharaoh
  7. @Ranj1977
  8. @Tiago Gouveia
  9. @Alberto Alvarez
  10. @Geof
  11. @Mlemalin
  12. @T0mpang
  13. @Ben.Craddock
  14. @LeSunTzu
  15. @Dan Costa
  16. @Nasos Charalampou
  17. @Jimlaad43
  18. @Abdoulaye Diop
  19. @Joakim Stensnæs
  20. @Daniel Nieto
  21. @Ken Bell
  22. @Henri Sinik
  23. @kakashi7dbd
  24. @jimortality
  25. @Probee
  26. @Arkoudadis
  27. @Walter.Rotundo
  28. Free slot
  29. Free slot
  30. Free slot
Reserve List
  1. Free slot
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. ...
UTP #49
hopefully it's not too late to squeeze me in? cheers!

Just be glad you haven't gone for 100% realism for weather right now - this is what Turn 3 looked like yesterday...
HLwT5a8Cx6msDmz2-cwgVQeGL8a0kIbDypoIScdJ7NI.jpg
at least the dry line is easy to see

For the majority of EA we were saying "oh cant wait for full formation lap" and now that we have it we dont use it?
****ing joke! half the grid crashed before the last turn! Because pro sim racers are stalling on the formation lap! If you havent practiced it dont use manual controls! Once again race ruined before it even gets the green flag! Really disappointing club races!

I had a PB in qualy and was 6th on the grid, really happy with that given the quality racing.

Good start made up a position to jump M. Rudolf in the Ferrari and was chasing @Trebucht down in the Audi. Sadly he had a moment, shot off sideways out of my view, then collected me allowing the Ferrari to get past.

Was managing to get back on terms but traffic didn't help and as soon as I got in a position to pressure, I had to drop back a fair bit.

Then @LeSunTzu, who was faster in the same car (Lexus), caught me and I had to really focus on not making a mistake and defending. Managed to keep him at bay on the two occasions he was attacking and it's probably the best defending I've had to do for a while. Thankfully, he gave me a get out each time by the smallest of mistakes, but it made me work hard. I also lost sight of the car up front so settled for a happy 5th.

As always @Ricoow , thanks for hosting mate.

Ta, blimey, that's huge!

Obviously works for you though :thumbsup:
When I started sim racing back in 2007 with Richard Burns Rally this was the default value in that game and I have used that value in all racing games from then on, recently tried FOV calculators and just can't get used to smaller numbers.

I had a PB in qualy and was 6th on the grid, really happy with that given the quality racing.

Good start made up a position to jump M. Rudolf in the Ferrari and was chasing @Trebucht down in the Audi. Sadly he had a moment, shot off sideways out of my view, then collected me allowing the Ferrari to get past.

Was managing to get back on terms but traffic didn't help and as soon as I got in a position to pressure, I had to drop back a fair bit.

Then @LeSunTzu, who was faster in the same car (Lexus), caught me and I had to really focus on not making a mistake and defending. Managed to keep him at bay on the two occasions he was attacking and it's probably the best defending I've had to do for a while. Thankfully, he gave me a get out each time by the smallest of mistakes, but it made me work hard. I also lost sight of the car up front so settled for a happy 5th.

As always @Ricoow , thanks for hosting mate.

Thanks for a great race @Asterix! Had a hard time keeping you at a comfortable distance ;)
Got close to P3 at some point but pushed too hard and made a lot small mistakes. Very happy with P4 in the end.

For the majority of EA we were saying "oh cant wait for full formation lap" and now that we have it we dont use it?
****ing joke! half the grid crashed before the last turn! Because pro sim racers are stalling on the formation lap! If you havent practiced it dont use manual controls! Once again race ruined before it even gets the green flag! Really disappointing club races!

I would appreciate full formation lap too. Cold tyres and brakes make for a scary first corners. I think that would help making things more relaxed.

I had some cracking battles out there. Who says you can't overtake around Brands Hatch?! :roflmao:

Had some good fights with @T0mpang on the first lap, @Nasos Charalampou in the middle of the race, and a really close one with N. Redman (Can't find your user account, sorry).

The start needs to be sorted by us the users.

Lets all agree -just like the golden rule- that we should all wait and keep our distances close. The leader each time should keep a low speed to let everyone catch up. And i think that joining ts should be mandatory -even without a mic-.

As for the race, i wasnt prepared at all. I was a bit sick and i decided to race with the Lexus, which i hadnt driven before -great car btw-.

We had a great battle with @Jimlaad43 but lag decided to end our battle early.

We had a great battle with @Jimlaad43 but lag decided to end our battle early.
Yeah, it was a shame it ended like it did. I tapped you through turn 1 because I had so much speed, so I was trying to not pass you into turn 2 because that would have been unfair. However, when I came back around T2, I realised @Geof was there, so I didn't want to let him through, but I had a run on you. I decided to brake early anyway to avoid hitting you and just to get the line on the Audi, but contact was made because of that horrible kink before the turn.

In reality, I should have just accepted the contact at T1 as "payback" for the contact at the final corner and tried to actually pass at T2, rather than braking on the grass and sliding wide. :roflmao:

The main issue is impatience in the pack. When the first cars start moving, someone at the back inevitably goes as well and hits the cars in front. Everyone needs to wait for the car in front of them to move before moving themselves, and once you're moving, please don't brake or lift off. It just sends a ripple backwards that usually ruins someones race before it's started. We almost need to do 2 races, one that's 5 minutes long to start with, then the normal one afterwards, just to give everyone a practice start.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%