ACC Blancpain GT @ Brands Hatch - Monday 16th September 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Let's just say I've had better races. Decided to start on the wet, good choice but halfway they were melting and I wanted dry tyres. Then I was lap down, in front of @Michael Rudolf in P2, managed to stay ahead until minor errors caused me to yield for blues. I was quicker behind him with the track slowly drying up, attempted and overtake but suicided under braking into the wall (and somewhat across Michael, sorry), having to pit again...

Finally a good one for me again :) Choose wets at the beginning and realized they were burning red after a few laps. Decided to just go for it and see how it develops trying to go off the line to cool them down where possible. Had good fight with @robt100 until he had some mistakes (pedal issues probaly?) and I could get a way to about 15 secs ahead. Kept it easy from then on trying not to destroy or overheat the tires and pushed only when I felt he came too close again. Very happy with P2 at the end, also cause I mounted a load cell mod to my pedals today using that first time.
And no worried @Ricoow, wanted to let you through and braked just in time I guess :p
20190916225547_1.jpg

Good race! Variable weather is amazing. On practice session, I take P6 time, but on dry qualify, I don't take a good time and take only P10. Start on dry tires with a good tires pression setup. First 4 or 5 laps my tires were frozen but the situation improved when the track was going dryer. I make some errors with power oversteer, I arrive at the end on P5 with no pit. Sorry @Geof for slow down you at some point of the race (you was faster than me and you could ignore blue flags :p). At the end of the race I was really happy when @Trebucht dub me, for 2 laps I was behind him with unchanged gap, but after that, I spun at T3 :roflmao: (a very short glory time to me).
@Vlad Zap here the replay.

Last edited:
. Decided to just go for it and see how it develops trying to go off the line to cool them down where possible. Had good fight with @robt100 until he had some mistakes (pedal issues probaly?)

Yup, my pedals started sloping and moving off to the left when braking, so didn't get much force into them. A lap or two later they jumped off the mounts completely! Had to quickly put them back on and finish the race. Great racing when they were working though:)

Yup, my pedals started sloping and moving off to the left when braking, so didn't get much force into them. A lap or two later they jumped off the mounts completely! Had to quickly put them back on and finish the race. Great racing when they were working though:)
Ahhhh, the simracing equivalent of mechanical failures :o

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years