Blacklisted on MP Server. WTH?

Tonight I was blacklisted on a public server. I get the fact its an admins right but frankly its pissed me off. I'm a beginner racer, I don't go to bed wearing a helmet and gloves and purely accidentally caught a couple of guys when my rear went out when braking but bluntly I was getting slammed into far more than I hit anyone else including one guy who was still racing when I was blacked out who had rear ended me when he had a **** load of room on my right side on a Silverstone straight.

Anyone else encountered the kind of admin Nazis I thought were usually reserved for COD or BF4 (if you've ever been banned from a Russian server because you were European and told "F-off fascist" it doesn't endear you to them).

Is there a right of audience system available or in dev for those to genuinely query the rationale for these decisions or at least get a reason stated to them. Kicked is one thing, banned is entirely another. Sorry for the rant but I'm not a piss-taker on track even if I'm not Senna class. Cheers guys.

I don't want to speak for the way people run public servers, but I will say this: You join a public server at your own risk.

The club races we run here are not public, and you will only be "blacklisted" if you sign up for an event and then subsequently don't show up. Or if you make a seemingly inexcusable racing maneuver that ends someone else's race and they report it to us with video evidence.

Public server moderators can operate however they see fit, and it's not our concern.
If you feel you've been treated unfairly then leave and move onto greener pastures.

I don't want to speak for the way people run public servers, but I will say this: You join a public server at your own risk.

The club races we run here are not public, and you will only be "blacklisted" if you sign up for an event and then subsequently don't show up. Or if you make a seemingly inexcusable racing maneuver that ends someone else's race and they report it to us with video evidence.

Public server moderators can operate however they see fit, and it's not our concern.
If you feel you've been treated unfairly then leave and move onto greener pastures.
True regards public server operation but that was my point asking if there was a system in dev to moderate the moderators so its not a power game as occurs in too many other non-sim games. Simmers are meant to be more mature are we not. Its not COD we're playing.

Regards the RD private servers I'd love to Chris but because I'm not happy at present with handing over my real name online and the fact that I want to practice my ass off before going private to make sure I don't make an inexcusable racing maneuver and wreck someones night or league chances I'm just not in a position to join at the mo sadly.

I'm not aware of any development on a system that plays moderator to the person policing their own public server, and I highly doubt a system like that will ever come into effect.

People are free to run their servers however they want. After all, they're paying for it, so they can do what they want.

-------------------------

Re: Licensed membership
1)
Revealing your real name on this very tucked away corner of the internet is nothing. If you're worried about internet privacy, then the last thing you'd want to do is have a personal Facebook account. Which is one of the most visited websites on the internet.

If we wanted to find out who you are, we can all do that easily. A simple Google search is all it takes. Using a pseudo name on here is no more secretive than using your real name.

2) The club races now are about learning. You'll never learn how to race wheel to wheel just by hot-lapping against the clock. You'll only gain experience by actually joining in and doing it. And racing against AI is very different to racing against actual human beings.

The chances of finding a quality public server are very low, which is why we guarantee quality racing. You'll sign up knowing that there wont be some prat waiting in the middle of the track to ram people off.

I'm not aware of any development on a system that plays moderator to the person policing their own public server, and I highly doubt a system like that will ever come into effect.

People are free to run their servers however they want. After all, they're paying for it, so they can do what they want.

-------------------------

Re: Licensed membership
1)
Revealing your real name on this very tucked away corner of the internet is nothing. If you're worried about internet privacy, then the last thing you'd want to do is have a personal Facebook account. Which is one of the most visited websites on the internet.

If we wanted to find out who you are, we can all do that easily. A simple Google search is all it takes. Using a pseudo name on here is no more secretive than using your real name.

2) The club races now are about learning. You'll never learn how to race wheel to wheel just by hot-lapping against the clock. You'll only gain experience by actually joining in and doing it. And racing against AI is very different to racing against actual human beings.

The chances of finding a quality public server are very low, which is why we guarantee quality racing. You'll sign up knowing that there wont be some prat waiting in the middle of the track to ram people off.
Cheers Chris. Your right on all points. My FB account has long been abandoned (but that won't stop them as we all know). Racing the AI is appaling for learning (no offence KS they're great for just racing). Tried it and really saw no improvement. They are far too ragged. Nothing beats human racers. Tracing the guys in front was the reason I hit them as I tried to get to grips with the MP4-12c braking against their BMWs. Might just practice with getting to know the best setups before checking out the licence. My shifting in an Xbow would make you cringe at present :) Thanks again.

I'd be happy to be banned from public rooms. Automatically narrows down the amount of servers you wish to avoid in the first place :)

Where people race incidents happen, both in real life as in the virtual world (especially with the buggy collision system currently in Assetto Corsa). Its a common misconception that people think they can't make mistakes on our private servers. Mistakes happen, even some really big ones at times which isn't a problem as long as you follow our one golden rule: give back the position to the person you had a collision with and don't take off.

Its besides an automatic time penalty also a sign of respect towards the other drivers and thats what makes racing great: driving like a gentleman and know that other drivers will act the same as you.

People that don't follow this golden rule though will eventually get reported and have their license taken away so they can mess up other peoples races again in public rooms.

In other words you don't need to be a skilled alien to drive online with us, on the contrary: even if you are the single slowest person on the web you can still have a great race with the person in front and behind you.

Had my most enjoyable race in AC yesterday at Magione in the GT3 club race and eventually finished way behind the midfield but had a great time fighting the same faces lap after lap after lap.

I was also blacklisted from this server, which I think is kinda funny. My question is how do I prevent the server showing up in my list of available servers?

I can never remember the name of the server but they always seem to have combos I like. I'd like to not "see" the server anymore so I don't keep wasting time trying to join. How do I blacklist the server hahah?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%