Blackcelica's 2020 Assetto Corsa Realistic Looking PPFilter

Misc Blackcelica's 2020 Assetto Corsa Realistic Looking PPFilter 1.5 Next Gen

Login or Register an account to download this content
blackcelica submitted a new resource:

Blackcelica's 2020 ACC PPFilter - For use with the SOL weather system.

Hi, All.
This is my personal filter which I created to achieve the realistic 2020 look of more modern PC games bringing AC up to speed without the need for Reshade etc. However you will need Custom shader Patch, Sol weather system and Content Manager installed. This is just a PPFilter and Sol settings. Just copy in to the assettocorsa root folder. It won't override anything so you can easily try it out.View attachment 353508View attachment 353511[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for sharing.
I tried it out briefly. I found the interior of the car to be way too dark and this effect was even more so on the left and right screens (i'm on triples).
I'm on a single screen set-up so it's tailored towards that. It all looks fine on single. Lowering the contrast value will lighten the inside of car but it can also depend on what settings you've selected for interiors within custom shader patch. If you look at my first screenshot the cockpit is not overly dark for me. Also you would need to adjust the resolution of the post processing effect to match your overall resolution for 3 screens or it will not be consistent across all 3 I presume.

Last edited:
I'm on a single screen set-up so it's tailored towards that. It all looks fine on single. Lowering the contrast value will lighten the inside of car but it can also depend on what settings you've selected for interiors within custom shader patch. If you look at my first screenshot the cockpit is not overly dark for me. Also you would need to adjust the resolution of the post processing effect to match your overall resolution for 3 screens or it will not be consistent across all 3 I presume.
ok, thanks for the tips. I hadn't seen the CSP settings for car interiors. I'll give that a go, and resolution

Love it!! For my settings though is a bit dark, not the filters fault. But could you advise me on how to get it a bit lighter, i tried to alter brightness on the filter but didn't change much, what setting in the ini will get it lighter for my TV settings. cheers.

Love it!! For my settings though is a bit dark, not the filters fault. But could you advise me on how to get it a bit lighter, i tried to alter brightness on the filter but didn't change much, what setting in the ini will get it lighter for my TV settings. cheers.
Hi, It's all done in the in-game app now (Sol Config v0.8) Just load up game, cockpit view hotlap. Open app from right-hand side. At bottom of app window go to page 1 then lower PP contrast % to 95 or go less or to whatever looks the best for your set-up. Hope this helps. Also remember it is affected by the time of day, and obviously which weather you've selected (the brighter the weather, the darker your cockpit will be and vice versa) in real life under bright sunlight, your interior will be almost sillouette. Cars with lower roofs also appear darker as they let less sunlight in, especially between 10am and 2pm sun high in sky. Using just the PP contract % slider will alter everything so just a subtle change should be needed for you.

Last edited:
blackcelica updated Blackcelica's 2020 Assetto Corsa Realistic Looking PPFilter with a new update entry:

A few minor alterations based on feedback.

Hi, I appreciate you can't please everyone but based on a bit of feedback and a few things I've noticed myself, I have this minor update.
Cockpit is not as dark as it was before overall but still reacts to how bright the weather is.
Some alterations to glare and godrays as it was a bit overkill around 16:30 time on some tracks.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The sun glare at 16:30 when it hits you right in the face should be no worse than this (few clouds Weather)
20200309195448_1.jpg

General driving at that time should look like this (windy weather)
20200309195234_1.jpg

Hi, maybe you could help me out here.
I don't know, if it's caused by the reshader settings I use or it's because of other setting, but I'm getting this strange tearing like shown in the pictures. Any idea, how I can get rid of this?

Attachments

• tearing_2.jpg
    tearing_2.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 246
  • tearing_3.jpg
    tearing_3.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 219
  • tearing_1.jpg
    tearing_1.jpg
    690.7 KB · Views: 167
You shouldn't need reshade anymore with SOL, all effects can be achieved in game with weather APP. Do you have motion blur ON? or are you on VR? I can't re-create the issue. It must be something else.

Okay, it's solved. Do you turn extra fx on for your ppf? Do you use motion blur? Cause if I deactivate reshade and use normal ppfs including yours and extra fx (with or without motion blur), it looks blury and unsharp like this: (I hope you can see it)
Any idea, what this is about?
I have 1920x1080 resolution, so thats not it. The textures just look terrible. When I turn extra fx off, it looks like normal AC vanilla.
Would you be so nice and give me a screenshot of your ac and csp settings?
I know, that it is more difficult, bc I have a different monitor and so on.

Attachments

• blury_2.jpg
    blury_2.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 162
  • blury_3.jpg
    blury_3.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
If your getting the same results with mine and other ppfs then it's something else. If you look through the installation guide for sol 1.5 then look at chapter 5 it lists the options best to use. My settings are exactly those. Reshade needs to be removed completely, not just deactivated. My graphics are nvidia gtx1060 and you can see the screenshots of my game on front page. I would suggest a complete clean install of AC then CSP then SOL. You must have some extra effect loaded that it doesnt like. I'd be guessing as to what it was. Are you using the latest CSP? and 1.5 of SOL? If not you could try that or install the recommended CSP and go back to 1.4.2 SOL and download my 1.1 ppf version first. Then update to the latest versions starting with CSP.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back