Black Screen

installed everything 2013 RSBR and when i try to play either default or via RScenter,the game starts and i only here the music do not see anything.
Nothing is clickable as i tried with the mouse to see,esc or enter do not work or arrows, the only whey to exit is alt+f4.
The game runs under administrator rights so does Rscenter, and WinXp Sp3 compatible(i was thinking it was better) i run win7 64bit
thank you

p.s. > yes, very new to this, tried once in the past but now trying again

Nothing is clickable in the game anyway. You navigate the menus with arrows and Enter/Esc.

Does the original game work fine? Have you changed any settings in RSRBR; resolution, full screen, whatever?
nop,do not know from where, it does tell me that "this stage needs to adjust resolution" or something like that,where i select the track on the right,but no i did not change anything.
The game,i did not try, installed it then immediately i put RSBR 2013

I install by:

Fresh install from richard burns cd to 'C:RBR'
(I make a folder RBR in C drive and install to that.)

then offical patches v 1.01 and 1.02

(at this stage try the game before modding to check for issues)

then RS2013 Mod (run all as admin)
then all track packs
then all car packs
then the 2013 RS patch

seems to work ...... I hope you get it going because it is still the best rally game by far, in my humble opinnion.

jc

Usually a black screen at that point means that your in-game screen resolution does not match your monitor resolution.

What is the native resolution of your monitor?
Have you set up the RBR resolution to be the same? You set the in-game resolution by opening the file Richard Burns Rally.ini with notepad, then set the X-Res and Y-Res to the monitor resolution.

For example, here is what my RBR.ini says:

[Settings]
Depth = 32
ForceFeedback = true
Fullscreen = true
MinDepthBits = 24
MinStencilBits = 8
ParticleQuality = high
RenderQuality = high
RunIntro = false
RunStartup = false
Sound = true
UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true
UseEAX = false
UseSoftwareAudio = false
UseTripleScreenBuffers = false
WaitRetrace = true
XRes = 1920
YRes =1080

If it works ok in the base RBR but not in RSRBR, you have to set the resolution and 3D Ratio under RSCenter/File/Settings.

Hope that helps?

EDIT: BTW, I always advise people to make sure that their default RBR is working fine before installing RSRBR. Have you read my tutorial (I know it is for RSRBR2012 at this stage, but the basic process is the same for RSRBR2013) ?
By testing your base RBR fully first, you can then help diagnose if any problems are with your base installation or maybe the RSRBR installation.

no my resolutions are dif,as i have 1920/1080 on the monitor but did not find that i can select that on default RBR,will try a completly new install and take it step by step.
so by modifying the ini i can put any resolution that i want?
thank you

Yes, you need to change the resolution to 1920 by 1080 in the Richard Burns Rally.ini file. Those resolutions weren't available when RBR was originally made.
Same as per my example above.
XRes = 1920
YRes =1080
You can test that it works without re-installing for now. You can change the Richard Burns Rally.ini file, then launch RBR using the default RBR icon from your desktop (not RSCenter). This will launch the default RBR. Try driving the Rally School or a quick Rally. That should tell you if the resolution was the problem.

I had the same problem but it was easy to fix :)

Open your RBR folder and right-click on the game RichardBurnsRally.exe. Then, in the 'Compatibility' tab select "Disable desktop composition".

Hopefully that'll fix it for you too

thank you guys,it worked with "disable desktop composition" and editing the .ini my next problem is that in default game i have no FFB on my g27. it detects it,i can map out buttons and pedals and everything but no FFB, when i press "FFB test" nothing happens...tried to search in .ini but nothing there,My other games work fine,so not from g27.
thank you

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • < 5 years