Black Screen and audio stutter on launch

Hi,

Really hoping you can help, I've searched the forums played around with everything I can see recommended and have no luck.

I have the Steam version of GSCE and it was working fine but didn't play for a while and got a GTX970 (not sure if this is related at all) went to play and all I get is a black screen some stuttering audio as the game launches and then the mouse cursor and main menu music... But nothing else...

Tried Admin on exe, removed config tried base, tried all sorts of config options no luck.
I use Bitdefender but disabled that and it still didn't work.
Happened before 1.33 came out as well.

DX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz @ 3.30 GHz
QPC: 3232177 tps
SRAM: 0 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
VRAM: 3742 MB
DRIVER: 9.18.0013.5306

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss now...

Hi,

I use Bitdefender as well and I don't think it has been a problem for me and GSCE.

Did you try to validate your install from Steam?

I assume your new 970 is working with other games.

One more potential problem could be the steam overlay. Try to disable the steam overlay. You can find the control under properties by right clicking the Game Stock Car entry in your steam library.

Thanks for the replies!

Yep using the latest drivers for 970, Assetto, pCars, iracing and numerous other games, even Reiza's Copa racing game works

Steam Overlay was already turned off as I was thinking the same thing a while back.

Uninstalled and reinstalled just to be safe.

Reinstalled Directx just in case
Only thing is c++ libraries
Did a verify again and it redownloaded everything for the 2nd time...

Other than that I'm stumped...

The Trace log worries me though...
Only part of it...

Tracelog shows this
TRACE LEVEL = 3
NetComm.cpp 11276: NetComm checking command line: "trace=3"
game.cpp 1330: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 562: Entered OSMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2591: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\BLITZ RENNSPORT\BLITZ11.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\BLITZ RENNSPORT\BLITZ12.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\BMR\BMR10.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\BMR\BMR9.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\BR AUTOMOTIVE\BRAUTO22.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\BR AUTOMOTIVE\BRAUTO23.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\EAGLE MSPORT\EAGLE16.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\EAGLE MSPORT\EAGLE17.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\ECOSSE CORSE\ECOSSE5.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\ECOSSE CORSE\ECOSSE6.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\LE SPORT VITESSE\VITESSE3.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\LE SPORT VITESSE\VITESSE4.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\MITSOKU\MITSOKU7.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)
setup.cpp 1729: Did not add vehicle GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F3\MITSOKU\MITSOKU8.VEH (either because it did not pass filter or error)

Very strange. I was hoping Reiza would jump in.

Will the game crash? or how is it that you get to the exit. The errors in the trace log are pretty normal, standard messages as the game configures itself on startup. I don't see any clues that help anyway, but this looks like just a section of the log.

Sorry you didn't prevail (yet)

PS. You are certain that the overlay for GSCE is not enabled.

If you are going to re download then try to change the install location

Thanks Gringo, appreciate all your help!
If the start is normal, then everything after that is pretty typical the did not add vehicle was the bit worrying me.

Yeah I've actually emailed them too re this thread with full trace log. We'll see.
I'll clean out completely manual delete everything and hope the re-re-re-download works =)
And will to another drive...
Fingers crossed at this point...

Just a thought!
Recently changed to a GTX 970 from a AMD HD 7870. At first everything worked fine but then different issues. started with various programs/ games. Ether black screens or programs would not run.
After removing all drivers with 'DDU" and reinstall the Nvidia driver things got a lot better.

My SSD crashed 2 weeks later so all got reinstalled but I believe it was a different issue.

I would suggest removing all old GPU drivers with 'DDU' or similar and try reinstalling drivers again.

Reinstalled 3 times to 3 different drives and cleared out everything that referenced Stock Cars. Trucks and Copa work just fine. Last reinstall didn't work, the order of audio stuttering is different. I've yet to do the video drivers update didn't get a chance last night. Hopefully tonight...

Just a thought!
Recently changed to a GTX 970 from a AMD HD 7870. At first everything worked fine but then different issues. started with various programs/ games. Ether black screens or programs would not run.
After removing all drivers with 'DDU" and reinstall the Nvidia driver things got a lot better.

My SSD crashed 2 weeks later so all got reinstalled but I believe it was a different issue.

I would suggest removing all old GPU drivers with 'DDU' or similar and try reinstalling drivers again.

Bjarne you were right. Full DDU and latest driver 353.12 from 353.06 all is well with the world again and Stock cars works. I'd say it's the DDU clean up that fixed it because I did a driver update through this process.

Very odd but very very happy now!
Thanks everyone for your help!

G

Big thanks for thread, updated today to a GTX970. All was well, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars played and looked fab with a few graphics tweaks. Thought that I would check GSCX was running ok only to find the same black screen and stuttering audio. Was completely at a loss at what to do then came across this thread. DDU clean up and fresh install of driver fixed it for me also :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%