Black lines floating next to some cars

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this in Assetto Corsa? It seems to affect some BMWs for some reason.

They sometimes have a black line floating on the right of the car, which is quite distracting.

It's not always there but seems to be when they are at a certain distance and angle, or maybe also only in certain parts of the tracks (happens on multiple tracks).

I'm using CSP, but turning it off and/or reverting to default settings doesn't seem to make a difference.

Content Manager's car VAO and car configs are installed; I can't see a way to disable them.

I'm using the stock launcher, not Content Manager, to launch the game, FWIW. Just using Content Manager to install and configure things.

2021-04-24 13-29-39 Clipboard Image.png

2021-04-24 13-47-23 Clipboard Image.png

Yes i have noted this particular glitch as well as others to do with the tyres and lights. Seems to be caused by bad car configs. The list of cars i have noticed glitches on is:

bmw 1m
bmw m4
ford mustang
maserati_gt_mc_gt4
porsche_cayenne
ruf_rt12r & awd
mercedes_sls

You can try removing the car configs. In Content Manager go to CSP, then under car configs at the top right there are 3 dots, select view in explorer and delete the associated car configuration file *.ini.

Maybe the configs can be fixed but i don't know how or where bug reports should go.

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea!

I gave it a try but found that deleting the car's .ini file didn't change things. (FWIW there are no "wiper" details inside the BMW 1M one at least, although I don't know if that's what's really involved.)

But that gave me the idea to look around the car files, and I found that if I go to content/cars/bmw_1m/animations and rename car_wiper.ksanim to car_wiper.ksanim_not, the problem goes away. (Same for bmw_1m_s3; haven't tried the other cars yet.)

Of course, the downside is that there is no wiper animation at all now, which breaks the perfectly good wipers in the most detailed LOD. But, especially if you never race in the rain anyway, that's much better than having distracting lines floating next to the cars!

The car_wiper.ksanim files have the same date as my AC install and main AC exe so it seems like either CSP is messing things up in some way (or just changing which LOD is used when?) or the bad data is part of the game itself.

Edit: FWIW, I've only seen the problem with the BMW M1 and BMW M1 S3 so far. At least within CSP's Custom Showroom (which shows the issue with those cars if you turn the wipers on and switch to LOD 1), the other cars you mention are OK on my machine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea!

I gave it a try but found that deleting the car's .ini file didn't change things. (FWIW there are no "wiper" details inside the BMW 1M one at least, although I don't know if that's what's really involved.)

But that gave me the idea to look around the car files, and I found that if I go to content/cars/bmw_1m/animations and rename car_wiper.ksanim to car_wiper.ksanim_not, the problem goes away. (Same for bmw_1m_s3; haven't tried the other cars yet.)

Of course, the downside is that there is no wiper animation at all now, which breaks the perfectly good wipers in the most detailed LOD. But, especially if you never race in the rain anyway, that's much better than having distracting lines floating next to the cars!

The car_wiper.ksanim files have the same date as my AC install and main AC exe so it seems like either CSP is messing things up in some way (or just changing which LOD is used when?) or the bad data is part of the game itself.

Edit: FWIW, I've only seen the problem with the BMW M1 and BMW M1 S3 so far. At least within CSP's Custom Showroom (which shows the issue with those cars if you turn the wipers on and switch to LOD 1), the other cars you mention are OK on my machine.
it's probably that during creating of the LODs for the BMW no care was given to making sure things like origin, orientation etc were correct/the same as with LOD1 - as wipers were just a fancy gimmick for the Showroom and used with LOD1. Only CSP put this feature back into the main game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%