Black Friday Sale???

Yep, last years the never did a Halloween thingy like Steam but stuck to their Black Friday deal. In years gone by it used to be two years for the price of one, the last 3 (?) years it was 25% off the sticker price for a year but you can buy as many "years" as you like. Cars and tracks are not reduced.

Last edited:
Normally iRacings marketing department are way more effective than their dev department - but I wonder if the marketing folks have forgotten to make a cost benefit analysis of offering a tangible rebate on Black Friday - instead of the laughable 25% off on an imaginary sticker price nobody have ever been paying.
Because the more members that can be "caught" inside iRacing for 1 or 2 years forward the more stuff (cars & tracks) will these "prisoners" buy.:sneaky:
So my guess is that the more or less imaginary rebate loss will be more than cancelled out allready from day 1.5:)

I just looked at my account: $80 on Subs since July 2018.
No discount involved, I just take a break occasionally as iRacing has a way of taking over my evenings...it's good for me. That $80 is probably 7 months of subs.
I think Bruno is right though - the price including the discount is what iRacing base their financial forecasts on. The suckers* paying full price (tbf, that kinda includes me) are just bonuses.

*Suckers, or people who genuinely can't afford a yearly sub in one hit. I wish there were a way to help the latter group of folks, but I can't think of any practical solutions. Suckers like me will have to just suck it up.;)

NTM V7 on more cars + impending AI (soon!) + Black Friday Deal = Deal I can't refuse.:(

Conserning a real tangible rebate then about 2-3 years back iRacing actually offered a genuine rebate for existing customers of about 40-50%(?) on 1-2 years subscription on every Black Friday.:)
But hiding behind a fake explanation of some sudden change in VAT deduction - where iRacing vaguely insinuated they until then had hidden payment of VAT for customers by paying it themselves - they both raised the subscription price and lowered any possible rebate to the laughable level it is now.:poop:

They don't have to give away a great product. Simple supply and demand.
I agree (except for the supply and demand bit, as they still have a warehouse full of unsold accounts), but I think it would be even better if more people could afford it - not free, as that would allow the great unwashed masses in to destroy it! - but priced to reflect local economies. As admitted already though, I don't know how they could do that without unscrupulous* people utilising VPNs to suddenly "move" to Ecuador.
Perhaps Uncle George $ could subsidise a few thousand accounts.:whistling:

We can all do our bit by spreading the word. And re-subbing if there is a good deal in November.:)

*I prefer to think of such people as tech savvy and sensibly frugal.;)

I personally am not a fan of their model but it's a business that's obviously doing very well, or they would have changed it.

I rather they had a model of £x per race up to a max of the existing monthly cost, for those like myself sim race for about 1-2 hours a week. With often spouts of no racing for week(s) due to other commitments.

I think iRacing involved more of a time commitment.
I've been practicing next weeks track and will probably have 3 hours of practice on it before I race on it.

But I feel like I've had a bit of a "brake" through. I've adjusted the Sprint profile for my brake to match my natural inclination and I feel like I'm hitting the corners MUCH better. Not only that I've been knocking my lap times down enough that I think I could be competitive for the first time since I started.

Last edited:
I've been practicing next weeks track and will probably have 3 hours of practice on it before I race on it.
Sounds like something that could equal RL preparing for a race. :thumbsup:
I have allways felt that in a sim where you pay so much as in iRacing its complete idiotic to use it as a "random public instant racing game" - where you join without any preparation and just before race start ask for a setup and then as next question ask how much fuel is needed for the race.:rolleyes:
Hehe and then crashes out in 1st corner because you does mistake a right corner for a left one.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Im not being sarcastic here because I have seen it a lot of times even in iRacing - and lately I saw in another thread (cant remember where) a guy criticising iRacing/iRacers because people was practicing hours before a race.
Hours man - what do they think of?
His oppinion was that it was not fair:rolleyes: - and furthermore this was the reason he would not resub after having tested a membership out for 1 month (or something).

With a new track every week, it is time consuming to learn a new track and get all the brake points and shift points right. Fortunately I can compare my line, braking, shifts, throttle to a known good reference with VRS, so I have an idea if my time is good enough to be competitive.

There is a lot more to racing than hot lapping a track, but it is part of the experience.

I assume that eventually I'll have more skill and it will take less time to learn a track or I'll spend the same time and get better results honing in on an ideal time.

@RCHeliguy
A lil hint to you could be to find a good basic setup for your favorite car.
Because then you only have to fit the gears (and sometimes wings) to the different tracks.
Thats what I did in iRacing and that has made me haha King of LB in Raceroom.
OK maybe not exactly King on every track but at least reasonable competive.;)
Info: Before anybody does want to kill me Im only talking about 1 car type in Raceroom.:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Its my honest oppinion that if you use some time to find that "ideal" setup a lot of time can be saved going to a new track.

active now:
"12-month Renewal only $82.50 (regular price of $110)
Use Code PR25OFF122019EARLY for 12-month renewal

24-Month Renewal only $149.25 (regular price of $199)
Use Code PR25OFF242019EARLY for 24-month renewal
This offer is only valid through December 5, 2019."

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%