• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Black Friday Sale???

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by fwyflyer, Oct 8, 2019.

1. fwyflyer

fwyflyer

Ratings:
    +17
    Anybody know whether we can expect a seasonal sale for iRacing for previous subscribers?

2. BrunoB

BrunoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Probably exactly the day you use in the header:D

3. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,144
    Yep, last years the never did a Halloween thingy like Steam but stuck to their Black Friday deal. In years gone by it used to be two years for the price of one, the last 3 (?) years it was 25% off the sticker price for a year but you can buy as many "years" as you like. Cars and tracks are not reduced.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Normally iRacings marketing department are way more effective than their dev department - but I wonder if the marketing folks have forgotten to make a cost benefit analysis of offering a tangible rebate on Black Friday - instead of the laughable 25% off on an imaginary sticker price nobody have ever been paying.
    Because the more members that can be "caught" inside iRacing for 1 or 2 years forward the more stuff (cars & tracks) will these "prisoners" buy.:sneaky:
    So my guess is that the more or less imaginary rebate loss will be more than cancelled out allready from day 1.5:)

5. Mr.Mints_Taboo

Mr.Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +24
    I just looked at my account: $80 on Subs since July 2018.
    No discount involved, I just take a break occasionally as iRacing has a way of taking over my evenings...it's good for me. That $80 is probably 7 months of subs.
    I think Bruno is right though - the price including the discount is what iRacing base their financial forecasts on. The suckers* paying full price (tbf, that kinda includes me) are just bonuses.

*Suckers, or people who genuinely can't afford a yearly sub in one hit. I wish there were a way to help the latter group of folks, but I can't think of any practical solutions. Suckers like me will have to just suck it up.;)

NTM V7 on more cars + impending AI (soon!) + Black Friday Deal = Deal I can't refuse.:(

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Conserning a real tangible rebate then about 2-3 years back iRacing actually offered a genuine rebate for existing customers of about 40-50%(?) on 1-2 years subscription on every Black Friday.:)
    But hiding behind a fake explanation of some sudden change in VAT deduction - where iRacing vaguely insinuated they until then had hidden payment of VAT for customers by paying it themselves - they both raised the subscription price and lowered any possible rebate to the laughable level it is now.:poop:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    They don't have to give away a great product. Simple supply and demand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156

9. Mr.Mints_Taboo

Mr.Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +24
    I agree (except for the supply and demand bit, as they still have a warehouse full of unsold accounts), but I think it would be even better if more people could afford it - not free, as that would allow the great unwashed masses in to destroy it! - but priced to reflect local economies. As admitted already though, I don't know how they could do that without unscrupulous* people utilising VPNs to suddenly "move" to Ecuador.
    Perhaps Uncle George $ could subsidise a few thousand accounts.:whistling:

We can all do our bit by spreading the word. And re-subbing if there is a good deal in November.:)

*I prefer to think of such people as tech savvy and sensibly frugal.;)

10. BrunoB

BrunoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Do you have a link?
    :roflmao:

11. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +337
    I personally am not a fan of their model but it's a business that's obviously doing very well, or they would have changed it.

I rather they had a model of £x per race up to a max of the existing monthly cost, for those like myself sim race for about 1-2 hours a week. With often spouts of no racing for week(s) due to other commitments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.