Black Friday Sale???

Yep, last years the never did a Halloween thingy like Steam but stuck to their Black Friday deal. In years gone by it used to be two years for the price of one, the last 3 (?) years it was 25% off the sticker price for a year but you can buy as many "years" as you like. Cars and tracks are not reduced.

Last edited:

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Normally iRacings marketing department are way more effective than their dev department - but I wonder if the marketing folks have forgotten to make a cost benefit analysis of offering a tangible rebate on Black Friday - instead of the laughable 25% off on an imaginary sticker price nobody have ever been paying.
Because the more members that can be "caught" inside iRacing for 1 or 2 years forward the more stuff (cars & tracks) will these "prisoners" buy.:sneaky:
So my guess is that the more or less imaginary rebate loss will be more than cancelled out allready from day 1.5:)

I just looked at my account: $80 on Subs since July 2018.
No discount involved, I just take a break occasionally as iRacing has a way of taking over my evenings...it's good for me. That $80 is probably 7 months of subs.
I think Bruno is right though - the price including the discount is what iRacing base their financial forecasts on. The suckers* paying full price (tbf, that kinda includes me) are just bonuses.

*Suckers, or people who genuinely can't afford a yearly sub in one hit. I wish there were a way to help the latter group of folks, but I can't think of any practical solutions. Suckers like me will have to just suck it up.;)

NTM V7 on more cars + impending AI (soon!) + Black Friday Deal = Deal I can't refuse.:(

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Conserning a real tangible rebate then about 2-3 years back iRacing actually offered a genuine rebate for existing customers of about 40-50%(?) on 1-2 years subscription on every Black Friday.:)
But hiding behind a fake explanation of some sudden change in VAT deduction - where iRacing vaguely insinuated they until then had hidden payment of VAT for customers by paying it themselves - they both raised the subscription price and lowered any possible rebate to the laughable level it is now.:poop:

They don't have to give away a great product. Simple supply and demand.
I agree (except for the supply and demand bit, as they still have a warehouse full of unsold accounts), but I think it would be even better if more people could afford it - not free, as that would allow the great unwashed masses in to destroy it! - but priced to reflect local economies. As admitted already though, I don't know how they could do that without unscrupulous* people utilising VPNs to suddenly "move" to Ecuador.
Perhaps Uncle George $ could subsidise a few thousand accounts.:whistling:

We can all do our bit by spreading the word. And re-subbing if there is a good deal in November.:)

*I prefer to think of such people as tech savvy and sensibly frugal.;)

I personally am not a fan of their model but it's a business that's obviously doing very well, or they would have changed it.

I rather they had a model of £x per race up to a max of the existing monthly cost, for those like myself sim race for about 1-2 hours a week. With often spouts of no racing for week(s) due to other commitments.

RCHeliguy

Premium
United States
I think iRacing involved more of a time commitment.
I've been practicing next weeks track and will probably have 3 hours of practice on it before I race on it.

But I feel like I've had a bit of a "brake" through. I've adjusted the Sprint profile for my brake to match my natural inclination and I feel like I'm hitting the corners MUCH better. Not only that I've been knocking my lap times down enough that I think I could be competitive for the first time since I started.

Last edited:

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
I've been practicing next weeks track and will probably have 3 hours of practice on it before I race on it.
Sounds like something that could equal RL preparing for a race. :thumbsup:
I have allways felt that in a sim where you pay so much as in iRacing its complete idiotic to use it as a "random public instant racing game" - where you join without any preparation and just before race start ask for a setup and then as next question ask how much fuel is needed for the race.:rolleyes:
Hehe and then crashes out in 1st corner because you does mistake a right corner for a left one.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Im not being sarcastic here because I have seen it a lot of times even in iRacing - and lately I saw in another thread (cant remember where) a guy criticising iRacing/iRacers because people was practicing hours before a race.
Hours man - what do they think of?
His oppinion was that it was not fair:rolleyes: - and furthermore this was the reason he would not resub after having tested a membership out for 1 month (or something).

RCHeliguy

Premium
United States
With a new track every week, it is time consuming to learn a new track and get all the brake points and shift points right. Fortunately I can compare my line, braking, shifts, throttle to a known good reference with VRS, so I have an idea if my time is good enough to be competitive.

There is a lot more to racing than hot lapping a track, but it is part of the experience.

I assume that eventually I'll have more skill and it will take less time to learn a track or I'll spend the same time and get better results honing in on an ideal time.

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
@RCHeliguy
A lil hint to you could be to find a good basic setup for your favorite car.
Because then you only have to fit the gears (and sometimes wings) to the different tracks.
Thats what I did in iRacing and that has made me haha King of LB in Raceroom.
OK maybe not exactly King on every track but at least reasonable competive.;)
Info: Before anybody does want to kill me Im only talking about 1 car type in Raceroom.:roflmao:

ByTheWay: Its my honest oppinion that if you use some time to find that "ideal" setup a lot of time can be saved going to a new track.

active now:
"12-month Renewal only $82.50 (regular price of $110)
Use Code PR25OFF122019EARLY for 12-month renewal

24-Month Renewal only $149.25 (regular price of $199)
Use Code PR25OFF242019EARLY for 24-month renewal
This offer is only valid through December 5, 2019."

Yep, and if you've been a good customer and collected your 4x10 dollars participation credit over the last year, the numbers look even better. However, one also bought some of the new stuff, e.g. the Audi TRC car or Barcelona circuit.