Black Cat County Free Roam with Traffic

Misc Black Cat County Free Roam with Traffic 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Matyeah submitted a new resource:

Black Cat County Free Roam with Traffic - Casual carnage

Here is the traffic mod for Black Cat County! You can choose between four-lane and two-lane traffic, with up to 60 cars on track. To use traffic, run a quick race session with penalties turned off.
By default speed limit for AI is set to 100 mph (160 km/h). You can change that in the ai_hints file. The number of AI cars you can set depends on your CPU. If you get 99% warning all the time, reduce their number. Retired AI cars will wait at the side of the road.

You can use this mod to remove...

Read more about this resource...

So how do I make a track free roam? Do these free roam tracks work online?
I called this mod free roam because all the barriers from racing layout are absent. I could do this with this track because each racing layout has its .kn5 file with start, pit boxes, barriers etc. So I made my own .kn5 with start and pit boxes scattered all over the track and no barriers. I couldn't test if it works online, but I don't see why it wouldn't. I think there are some servers with touge maps that are pretty much free roam.

By the way, I tried using your app for track limits, but got unexpected results. After loading .csv files track limits weren't where I recorded them, but were narrowed down on the left side, so I had red lines in the middle of the road and AI had wouldn't pass each other on the left side. Probably had to do with having the same AI line in opposite directions on the same piece of road.

This is very good, the way the AI choose different roads at the intersection is excellent, well done.
I was not sure what you meant by 4 lanes, since BCC is a 2 lane road, after trying it, I am not sure what you tried to do with it. My suggestion would be to offer only the 2 lanes, less confusing and easier to install.
if you could find a way to put all the crews out of the way in the pit stop, it would be great.
Thank you very much for your efforts and for sharing with us.
Any plans to do an other? I always Transfagaran, although a little long would be great with traffic. Same with the free roam Lake Louise.:D

Thanks for the feedback!
About the lanes: 4 lane uses original road texture with 2 lanes going in each direction. The AI drives all the way to the right on the asphalt and there is more room to overtake with less chance of head-on collisions.
2-lane uses different road texture with 1 lane going in each direction, like the Highlands track. With this narrower road there is more chance of head-on collisions.
About the pit crew guys - to hide them you need to go to folder assettocorsa/content/objects3d and move the file "pitcrew_Left" to some other folder. I don't think that's too difficult to do.
Cheers!

Hello Matyeah,

thanks a lot for the effort, i cant wait to play the mod although im having trouble getting it to run...
when i simply unpack the files from the zip/rar file into the tracks folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks ), it does not show up, i think that has to do with it being packed like this: 2-lane traffic\content\tracks\ks_black_cat_county\*files*...so what i did is extracting the files into a newly created folder in the tracks folder called "2-line traffic" and it would show up, but it could not start the session saying "2-lane traffic TRACK NOT FOUND"...What am I missing?
What am I supposed to do? Can you please help me as i want to play it badly :p

Extract the archive to your desktop. Then open "2-lane traffic" folder and copy the "content" folder inside it to your main AC folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa").

Nice mod! Do you maybe know how to host this online? I know how to host a regular server, but not something like this;)
Never tried that, you could ask in this thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/traffic.46906/
Nice mod! The only problem i have was that i can't put a speed limit for the Ai, i change it in the ai_hints but they go as fast as they can.
Did you edit the correct file? It should be "ks_black_cat_county/layout_traffic/data/ai_hints.ini". The file should have these lines:

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=160

VALUE is speed limit in km/h.

Never tried that, you could ask in this thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/traffic.46906/

Did you edit the correct file? It should be "ks_black_cat_county/layout_traffic/data/ai_hints.ini". The file should have these lines:

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=160

VALUE is speed limit in km/h.

Hello, thanks for your prompt response, yes i have exactly same lines in the ai_hints.ini file, I tested every possible variant, but it didn't work. I think it's a problem with my game, i was lookin in google but i can't find anything. The only thing i could do to lower the ia speed was modify the hint value, the ia goes a bit slower and brakes weird in some moments but it's something. I paste here the values of ai_hints.ini file if helps:

[HINT_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=0.55 <--------- I change this.

[MAXSPEED_0] <----------------- This has no changes in the game, i tested every variant.
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=100

Best regards!

do the ai overtake? i only see them ever in the right lane on 4 lane map. or do i need to max the amount of ai to fill the left lane? Great mod though. loving it.

Yes the AI can overtake, but since all cars adhere to the speed limit the faster cars can only catch up to the slower ones only through corners and acceleration/braking. If you remove the speed limit and mix slow and fast cars there will be more AI passing.

Yes the AI can overtake, but since all cars adhere to the speed limit the faster cars can only catch up to the slower ones only through corners and acceleration/braking. If you remove the speed limit and mix slow and fast cars there will be more AI passing.
got it. thanks for the timely reply. once again great work.

This mod installs a bit differently than most because there are two versions. Try to do this:
Extract the archive to your desktop. Then open "2-lane traffic" folder and copy the "content" folder inside it to your main AC folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa").

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back