BIZKOR 01 EV - Formula Student Vitoria

Cars BIZKOR 01 EV - Formula Student Vitoria V0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
jorge_pzg submitted a new resource:

BIZKOR 01 EV - Formula Student Vitoria - Formula Student Electric Vehicle

BIZKOR 01 EV: The Next Step

0cxW3ae.jpg

FSVitoria is the Formula Student team from the UPV/EHU Vitoria Gasteiz. Founded in 2018 and with more than 40 engineers, FSV designs from scratch, builds and races with an electric singleseater. In only three years the team has fulfilled really ambitious goals such as the manufacturing of a carbon fibre monocoque, designing an all wheel drive tractive system and the use of...

Read more about this resource...

It looks promising, but so far it seems that:

-Road noise is amplified so much I can hardly feel anything but bumps and shakes on tracks with road texture (ie Vallelunga), but still get almost no feedback at all when on texture-less tracks (many custom ones)
-It feels as though the vehicle either isn't geared right or the RPM limit is far too low
-The visible suspension components make it very hard to see the actual road (in VR specifically)
-The motor noise is very sibilant and honestly painful to listen to
-The vehicle falls a bit when spawning in on game load
-Brake barely needs pressing to get at least most of the needed braking power -- and I mean the lightest tap suffices
-Throttle acts odd when first starting from stop, up until about 60kph, RPMs bouncing about like mad. Perfectly fine after that point.

I made a modified copy to which I could add more gears and going up to a 1:1 transmission gear ratio seemed far better, as I wasn't just hitting a very hard speed cap almost immediately as I was before. Just changing the one gear or final ratio works about as well. The RPM does seem to be going up to 15k as intended.

It looks promising, but so far it seems that:

-Road noise is amplified so much I can hardly feel anything but bumps and shakes on tracks with road texture (ie Vallelunga), but still get almost no feedback at all when on texture-less tracks (many custom ones)
-It feels as though the vehicle either isn't geared right or the RPM limit is far too low
-The visible suspension components make it very hard to see the actual road (in VR specifically)
-The motor noise is very sibilant and honestly painful to listen to
-The vehicle falls a bit when spawning in on game load
-Brake barely needs pressing to get at least most of the needed braking power -- and I mean the lightest tap suffices
-Throttle acts odd when first starting from stop, up until about 60kph, RPMs bouncing about like mad. Perfectly fine after that point.

I made a modified copy to which I could add more gears and going up to a 1:1 transmission gear ratio seemed far better, as I wasn't just hitting a very hard speed cap almost immediately as I was before. Just changing the one gear or final ratio works about as well. The RPM does seem to be going up to 15k as intended.
AI is messy too and misses braking points even at slow speeds.

Here is my video review. I think it has promise. AI needs a lot of work especially on those kart tracks.

Also does the battery deplete? I felt like I could drive forever on one charge.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 282 13.4%