Bit of M/P advice for a n00b?

Keith Joyce

Stercus accidit
Having tried a couple of online sessions recently it's obvious that I have a loooong way to go to get up to speed (literally!). I'm not overshooting or spinning too much but definitely circulating slower than everybody else. I am all too aware how much the deliberate crashers wreck the game and don't want to spoil anyone's fun. Is there a server you can point me at that is n00b-friendly? Or perhaps an on-line 'driving school'?

Hi @Keith Joyce I would recommend, if you are interested, joining up to the RaceDepartment Premium membership (also allows you access to any other sim hosted on RD and any Leagues we run) and coming along to the club events we hold here on a daily basis.
Club racing is a friendly non competitive online racing option that is organised here at RD. I understand you are just at the beginning of your online experience, and I feel club racing would be an ideal starting place where you can race with good, clean, fair racers who are more then happy to help you with your driving, setting up your car and general questions about the game and the art of racing online in this sim.
It might sound all a bit intimidating at first (took me 6 years to pluck up some courage to 'go premium') but I can honestly say these guys are a great bunch of friendly blokes how will be more than happy to help you get 'up to speed' :)

Problem with open lobbies is you are very much leaving it to chance regarding who's on at any one time... here you will find good racing at many different skill levels, with no emphasis on times and competitiveness... its just about fun and building up your experience..!

Have a think about it fella... its well worth a look (I like it that much I organise the races now!!:D:);)!!)

Excellent Keith! Give me a shout when your signed up and I'll happily run some laps with you if you want to (don't want to think I'm teaching you to suck eggs though).

You might find a useful setup <here> that helps with the pace & driving, or alternatively you can post a request for Oscar Hardwick to build you one <here>. Usually someone who knows a thing or two about setting up a car can help you during the event on TeamSpeak anyway, so its not an issue.

Glad to hear you are joining the revolution fella... a very warm welcome to 'the club' :thumbsup::D

Untitled.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years