Binoculars

Anyone know anything about Binoculars?, I'm looking for a pair for watching Motorsport and Wildlife (when I go fishing). I'm looking in the £40-£100 price range but would prefer the lower\mid end of this range.

What magnification etc should I be looking out for?

Regards

Out in the field it's nice to have a smaller pair. 7-10 power and 35-42mm objective lens are good for birding. Higher powers[even the 10] are more difficult to hold still when viewing, larger objectives like 50 are better suited for low light or night time[big and heavy]. My field binoc's are 10x24, very compact, they get used for tracking model airplanes in flight[daytime only] and birding as well. At home I keep a pair of 7x35's for viewing what's in the backyard, for my views of the moon and other easily seen astronmical objects.

If you wear glasses, look for ones that have a good amount of "eye relief".

One of my 7power x 35mm objective lens binoc's is a Bushnell and they've worked well for over 25 years. I'm not a fan of zoom in binoc's but then have never had a set. Both brands are quality. If you can get to a store to look through both types, that's the key and what you see should be the determining factor. You don't have to buy them from the store, just look thru them there. This will be your first binoc purchase, don't worry too much about getting the perfect set unless you're going to spend a 500L on a pair. At 69 for either of those you shouldn't have a regret and that's about what I paid for my Minolta field set..

I recommend a mono-pod as well. You can get some nice telescopic ones that practically fit in your pocket and can really take the strain out of watching things through binoculars for lengthy periods. They also give you much better stability.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%