MGP19 Bikes physics editing

Hi guys, I state that this is my first MotoGP, I wanted to ask you because here in Racedepartment there are the best modders, if it is possible to edit the physics of the bikes, for example to increase the braking etc ..
Can you tell me how to do it or where to learn how to do it?

Thank you

+1
I also feel that physics need fine tuning especially in braking and throttle response at corner exit
and maybe something needs to get fixed with the grip at mid corners.
I'm curious though since its UE4 engine and i think it's impossible to mod it but only textures
from what i've seen from motogp18 and ride3 games..

I don't think you can sadly cause if you could there would already be one for MotoGP 18 and Ride 3. It's one of the reasons i am kinda bummed out we switched to unreal engine. Like who the hell cares about the graphics come on. I still play SBK2001 and it's incredible compared to this game.

here in Racedepartment there are the best modders
giphy.gif

I don't think you can sadly cause if you could there would already be one for MotoGP 18 and Ride 3. It's one of the reasons i am kinda bummed out we switched to unreal engine. Like who the hell cares about the graphics come on. I still play SBK2001 and it's incredible compared to this game.

I still play SBK 2000 regularly also.

I've just successfully managed to get it to run faultlessly and reliably on windows 7 32 bits at 1600 x 1200 resolution.

And the quality of finish and the brilliant rendition of racing motorcycle physics shine through. Plus you can race the unruly and hard to handle RC 45 V4 Honda on the earlier version of these two games.. ;)

I still play SBK 2000 regularly also.

I've just successfully managed to get it to run faultlessly and reliably on windows 7 32 bits at 1600 x 1200 resolution.

And the quality of finish and the brilliant rendition of racing motorcycle physics shine through. Plus you can race the unruly and hard to handle RC 45 V4 Honda on the earlier version of these two games.. ;)
I have seen your videos and i still do to this day! You are a great rider and you understand the ways of racing. I'm always trying to get these games to work on windows 10 but i think it's impossible :) Keep uploading and maybe one day i might do some racing on my channel too!

That's very kind of you to say. Thanks. I just really enjoy the challenge of the older "turn of the century" racing games.. I inherited them all from my father (who raced) after he passed away a few years back. I have cd's full of all the add-ons and mods he collected over the years.. So I'm lucky. All the GP500 and SBK 2000/1 modding sites have now gone..

As an aside I think the only way most probably, aside from a voodoo emulator, that you can get SBK 2000 or 2001 to run on windows 10 is by using a windows 10 32 bit o/s.. It's the 64 bit architecture that these games do not get along with I think. But you might as well just use windows 7 32 bits or even vista 32 bits. I just run a separate h/d with windows 7 32 bits installed as a solution. Secondhand off ebay for £10.

I meant a bike setup for this game. For example, I'm just playing on standard driving with autobrake to see what top speed the bike can get. I'm playing in qatar so I need a full gear setup only....

I meant a bike setup for this game. For example, I'm just playing on standard driving with autobrake to see what top speed the bike can get. I'm playing in qatar so I need a full gear setup only....

I've seen you making all these comments for a lot of years now, honestly, racing is something you figure out yourself. You can't just get my setup or Tracey's setup, and be fast. If you want to be better, turn it up to pro physics, get auto brakes off cause they break wayyy earlier than you can, and run laps upon laps. Then look at how you feel the bike, for example do you go wide when you turn in a corner? Try to make your setup more stable when you enter the corners, you have overstreer and it snaps on exit? Fix that. Don't ask silly questions cause you will get no answer that will solve all your problems.

I've seen you making all these comments for a lot of years now, honestly, racing is something you figure out yourself. You can't just get my setup or Tracey's setup, and be fast. If you want to be better, turn it up to pro physics, get auto brakes off cause they break wayyy earlier than you can, and run laps upon laps. Then look at how you feel the bike, for example do you go wide when you turn in a corner? Try to make your setup more stable when you enter the corners, you have overstreer and it snaps on exit? Fix that. Don't ask silly questions cause you will get no answer that will solve all your problems.

I can ask whatever I want cause I'm free to do so. But anyways, thanks for your advide. It's just this game the handling of the bike is so different.

I can ask whatever I want cause I'm free to do so. But anyways, thanks for your advide. It's just this game the handling of the bike is so different.
I agree. But i'm saying that to help you not waste time, i'm not saying that in an aggressive way.
This game is not the best to improve though, i would get Motogp 17 with Modded physics, Ride 2 with Modded physics, and do some MX Simulator aswell. It will improve your smoothness.

A bike setup from a professional modder like the ones in here would be great and very helpfull

O.K. first off I am neither a "professional modder" nor an expert when it comes to bike set-ups.

I think CrashBandicoot's advice is sound advice.

My advice, for what it is worth, is to always play on Pro Physics with zero aids other than of course tcs, aws and engine braking (whatever it is called) dialled in as you like it. Even then, for a fast lap, I would turn everything down to the minimum that you can ride with..as too much will slow down & lose you the last few 10ths of your lap time. The fastest guys tend to race with minimal tcs, anti-wheelie and minimum filtered out effects of engine braking.. Ride it as "raw" as you can.

Always ride Pro and build up your pace to lower your lap time(s) from there.

As regards Bike Set-ups.. Well for 4 years I organised and raced in the xbla, xbox and PS4 leagues on motogp and RIDE 2 and also I did a stint organising the Italian leagues for 1 year. I have raced week in week out with some of the fastest guys in the world including 5 of the Esport finalists. Now I know that this is a Simcade racing game but I can assure you these guys were VERY fast and VERY competitive.

So what sort of bike set-ups did they use? Well I can tell you that I shared bike set-ups with a number of the "aliens" who were unfeasibly fast and who topped many of the global leaderboards with legitimate and "uncheated" times. And I can tell you the set-ups varied significantly between fast players. Some went for "short gears", some went for "long gears" and some went in between. Gearing, circuit by circuit, probably made the biggest difference of all in setting up a bike for a fast lap time. For most. They did play with suspension and rake angles a bit and also brake disc. sizes. But gearing made the biggest difference. Definitely.

One guy, an esport finalist, ran "longer" gears and always seemed to be able to pull one gear higher through critical sections of the track than others could manage.. He was incredibly smooth with it. That gave him an edge..

Me? I ran "shorter gears" and it was "buzz, buzz, buzz".. Although sometimes default set-ups were just as fast for me as custom set-ups. Same thing for the others..often "Default" could give you the best lap time.

Funnily enough I have it on pretty good authority that the winner of the last two years of motogp Esports very often runs default set-ups on default gears.. I know another guy from eastern Europe who for a while was untouchable on PS4 who always ran default set-ups. Like Trastevere73 often apparently does.

So it's down to the individual. Run minimal on-track assists (tcs etc.) and my advice is if you are going to experiment with anything then have a play with your gearing..

I have pages and pages and pages of set-ups dating from 2016 back to 2013. All now redundant. I haven't even adjusted one set-up, apart from gearing, on motogp 19. Just a quick fiddle with gearing.

I'm waiting for Bike Sim Experience. ;)

Last edited:
@Pazuzu: Message from one of the (very) fast guys I know. No feel from the brakes or throttle(!). You can go faster by not trying to force it to fit too much through the corner..the bike turns more without much braking or acceleration. Drop it a notch on the (final) gear ratio and you can gain as much as a second. Using the rear brake is the key to going fast on this game. Engine braking (particularly on lowered gearing) makes a difference also..

Last edited:
Back on topic, "cooked" UE4 files are encrypted, in a way. You cannot reimport them back in game just by dragging them in the editor. If someone who has some kind of relevant knowledge manages to do that (for any UE game), then you guys will be able to edit physics and other stuff.

Back on topic, "cooked" UE4 files are encrypted, in a way. You cannot reimport them back in game just by dragging them in the editor. If someone who has some kind of relevant knowledge manages to do that (for any UE game), then you guys will be able to edit physics and other stuff.

Give me tutorial to edit bike physics (bike performance, max torque, final ratio)???

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%