Bikernieki Race Track

Tracks Bikernieki Race Track 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes, I hope I will manage to include it in the same update.
Wonderful! Because I made new cars)
AyOZ11FRb3U.jpg

@martinsh Bikernieki is right up there with my all-time favourite mod tracks so I'm very pleased that you continue to support it. Also looking forward to seeing what track you tackle next. Any thoughts on that front?

@martinsh Bikernieki is right up there with my all-time favourite mod tracks so I'm very pleased that you continue to support it. Also looking forward to seeing what track you tackle next. Any thoughts on that front?
If I ever finish Biķernieki, i'd love to do another local race track.
But before I make another track mod, I want to do a car mod. I have started to model my 1989 Saab900 turbo and a Porsche 944 cup.

But before I make another track mod, I want to do a car mod. I have started to model my 1989 Saab900 turbo and a Porsche 944 cup.
The 928 has been criminally ignored by the AC modding community too, maybe because there was never a factory team and it was only ever raced privately in small numbers. The standard road-going versions deserve some love though. It's a design classic and still looks great today. Assettodrive have a nice-looking 928 GTS, but that's about it I think.

Čau and wow!
I must admit that I was officially living under a rock for the last few years, because only today I found this project. The fact that I already have Assetto Corsa and downloaded quite a few mod tracks & cars for it makes it even more crazy. I even was over-excited recently when Dirt Rally 2.0 announced that they are making a tiny piece of Biķernieki track in RX layout, and still forgot to make a simple search if anyone was working on the full track.

I grew up a few kilometers away and really the best feature and memories are not from high-speed car action but from bicycling around the track as it is usually open to public when there are no races. I cycled there for years and then stopped down by the Linezers lake to chill out before heading back. Cycling in hot sunny summer days, late evenings just before dark, windy autumn days, on the forest trails around the track, etc. - excellent time!
I had a thought to make a 3D model of this track for some game as well, but not only it seemed like way too big project to get into but also I would never get close to this level of quality, so it never took off. I literrally gave up hope that someone would ever make a 3D model of this track… and now this, and exactly for Assetto Corsa :inlove:

I'm not much help in 3D modelling nowadays, but once upon a time I did make a model of Saab 9000 Anniversary (1997) for GTA Vice City that had a decent interior/exterior (anyone remembers GeForce2 days? :laugh: ). Still have all "assets" for it. So with a bit of insanity I could look into making a companion for your Saab 900 model for Assetto Corsa, or just share the resources to anyone who is willing to do any derivatives from that model.

Attachments

• SAAB 5.png
    SAAB 5.png
    709.4 KB · Views: 219
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 211
  • ScreenShot8984.jpg
    ScreenShot8984.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 305

Latest News

How long have you been simracing