F1 2010 Biggest Final Laps Screwups

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I've had my fare share of screw ups online, Montreal, Monaco and Yas Marina are just a few tracks. Monaco its either turn 7 catching the curb or the last corner again catching the curb. Montreal its the last corner or less often turn 6. Yas Marina its any where lol, these are the most common tracks i have problems with.

I've had my fare share of screw ups. Monaco its either turn 7 catching the curb or the last corner again catching the curb.

The real world drivers can run the curb on Monaco's turn #7 (and I have even see some people here run it), but I avoid that curb like the plague. Maybe if I had a different softer suspension setup I could run it, but more often than not it is trouble. The curb on the last turn can also be trouble if you hit it wrong, but I am not as paranoid with that one as I am with turn #7.

I would not say I have had a last lap collapse at Monaco since my collapse came sooner. Last time I raced there, 3/4 of the race was dry and I was in P2 with about 20 laps left in the race. Then the skies opened up and the monsoon rains came. I should have known better, I should I dialed it back. But I kept pushing even with wet tires and kissed the wall taking out my front wing. No biggie ... I had a decent lead over P3. So I got a new wing ... and pushed on ... kissing the wall again ... did I learn from my mistakes and dial it back (by this time I lost P2 but I was still in the points). Nope I am a dummy. The more I crashed, the harder I pushed to make up for my mistakes. On the closing laps I was pulling a Prost calling for the race to be called. But it wasn't called. I went from P2 to near the bottom of the standings all because I just would not dial it back in the monsoonal rains. Definitely self inflicted. No way in hell I do not dial it back in the wet in the real world. But there is no fear in the game.

First career, first race, first season, driving Lotus at Sakhir, no expierence, trying to meet the minimum finish for the team as my whole last lap started to crumble and still had the objective in the bag so to speak, went into the second to last corner too hot, went wide and lost 3 places while playing in the gravel.:mad:

First season, driving for Lotus, leading at Interlagos and I spun out in Turn 12 because I let my attention lapse for a millisecond. But here's a rookie that will never forget his lapse of attention in the last lap of this year's Indy 500:

I had a moment of madness. I was winning in Istanbul by about 10 seconds when I thought I'd be clever and drive over to the wall like they do in REAL F1 to say thanks to their crew. I lost control and went straight into the wall. I came about 4th.

What an absolute plum.

Qualified 1st at Germany(rain soaked quali) started well, pitted on lap 20 put on another set of options(by the way 100% race distance, no assists, expert difficulty, and im diving for Sauber) came out in 2nd, had a sloppy in and out lap which Alonso fully took advantage of. So chased im down and over took him on the next lap, sweet I thought, remain consistant and this race is in the bag. At this point i was setting consistant times and managed to get a 6sec gap between me and 2nd place Alonso and 18sec gap between myself and 3rd place driver who was Vettel. Anyway had to pit again, so the team called me in on lap 34 (had an amazing in lap)on goes the mandatory set of prime tyres, thought to myself, doing well got into the pits and didnt see no other teams out ready to recieve their drivers so i thought my team has called me in early but remain consistant and when Alonso has to pit, ill be right with him. So anyway exited the pits in 2nd just infront of Vettel. Now all i have to do is remain consistant yet again and wait for Alonso to pit, anyway little did i know Alonso must have put on the prime tyres after his first stop.Anyway role on lap 60 out of 67 and a few scruffy laps inbetween ( I was pissed that the computer had out smarted me because i never pit when the team recommends, I always make a decision to pit on the fly and doing this always helps me to out smart the AI and this was the cause to the scruffy laps but it did not cost me too much.) Moving on i realise that im catch Alonso by 2seconds a lap and im only 8second behind him, anyway just went over the line to start my final lap Alonso is 1sec ahead of me so i brake deep into turn 2(the hairpin), i brake so deep that im on the outside apex of turn 3 half on the grass, so i just thought i would try and hold the car as straight as possible and stamp on the throttle and try and pick up a slipstream. Didnt work and ended spinning on the grass and went straight to the scene of the accident and hit the wall on the left, DNF so pissed I almost cryed.

@smallclone, lol t'was painfull, so painfull I had to restart the race (usually when i make a mistake i hold the result) but this time i said no. You no what makes it more painfull the fact that when i did restart, the AI for all the cars decieded to pit only once and i chose to do the same stratergy as before and ended up finishing 4th which added insult to injury. I have lost more ground on Alonso in the title race Alonso 1st 176 points, Vettel 2nd 158 and myself 3rd 131 CURSES (serves me right i suppose for trying to manipulate the result into my favour)

I had a moment of madness. I was winning in Istanbul by about 10 seconds when I thought I'd be clever and drive over to the wall like they do in REAL F1 to say thanks to their crew. I lost control and went straight into the wall. I came about 4th..
I did that too in Melbourne - lost my front right out and ended up as DNF...

I've got it twice. First time in Hockenheim, rain during the race, season 1 with Lotus, I was 8, tried to move up to 6 (two cars were just ahead of me), spun, drop to 10, try to climb back to 8, spun for the second time and drop to 11.
Second one in season 2 with Mercedes in Shanghai, was second behind Vettel, try to catch him (was 3 seconds up, but I cut his lead in previous lap from 6), spun in the middle of the track, lost two places and finish 4th. Hate that situations I always blame myself after that, I should be more careful and try to secure points rather than risk the whole good race.

Yesterday I won in Hockenheim (s2 in Mercedes aswell) and for the first time have opposite situation. Catch Vettel with 3 laps to go, he tried to get first place back, spun and finished 4th.

I had one recently, In Montreal I got into a couple of bumps ect and with it raining I was in the mid points but towards the end of the race I caught up with everyone and by the end of the 2nd to last lap I was right behind Massa. Just exiting S1 I tried I move up the inside and although it stuck, I took Massa's front wing off (By mistake) this sent me into a little spin so he managed to retake the lead (this point Hamilton and Alonso were literally 1/2 seconds behind) Coming down to turn 8 and made another move but under heavy braking I caught Massa because I had locked the front 2, this lead to both of us going off track, when rejoining, Hamilton shot through into the lead, Massa rejoined seconds just in front of Alonso and I rejoined 4th, Lewis was too far ahead to challenge for a win but 2nd was still up for grabs. Because of Massa's damaged front wing it was easy to pass him so coming into the last chicane it was me and Alonso, I went around the outside but must have caught his front right and got myself into a spin (aided with the stupid curbs in 2010) I ended up in the wall of champions! Front wing was gone and I had a front right puncture... As you could Imagine I was annoyed lol When I went off to go through the start/finish line, Rosberg came out of no where and took 4th :mad: So effectively, if you think about it in that last lap I lost over 10 seconds and went from 1st, to 5th! Also I lost 15 points to Lewis which meant he was right on my ass in the championship :frown:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%