Big showstopper?

NFT's can be good for gaming. There just hasn't been anyone to implement them in a way that gamers benefit from them. So far every blockchain game is either a ponzi or someone is trying to sell a jpeg without any utility.

In our case cars and liveries could be NFT's. If you'd bought a car pack and decided you didn't like on of the cars you could sell it to someone else or if you decided to drop the title all together you'd be able to sell all your content and get some of your cash back or even make a profit.

Modders make a profit selling their content and from second market fees.

People are alergic to NFT's but it's not NFT's that are bad, it's bad people using NFT hype to take your money.

I'm looking forward to see what Rennsport comes up with. It has to be good to stand a chance with simracing community.

Last edited:
If I smell the slightest whiff of an NFT with this game then I'm having nothing to do with it, and the devs can go and swivel on it.

NFTs are bad for the environment (energy used to produce them), bad for the consumer, and within this sim racing space simply not needed.

If you want to buy a mod, then just paypal the dev the sum requested and receive a unique authorisation code to activate the mod - like Content Manager or SimHub.

Important for me is that i don't have to own every car, livery etc. to compete in MP or maybe AI races.
Not like rf2 where i have to buy every s397 content car to race in multicar/class races.
NFT will come, the time is just when and how fast.

Im absolutely not sure but I guess the NFT part would make "stealing" or stripping content of a mod impossible.
No, not necessarily - you can own a JPEG via an NFT, but you can't do anything to control the other 2 million copies of that JPEG floating around on the the web or stored in people's computers.

Of course within the confines of a closed ecosystem such as that of a game then an NFT becomes more powerful. Like with blockchain Monopoly Money it's incredibly difficult, if not impossible to fake ownership.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%