Big Batch of Updates Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 July Roadmap 3.jpg

As well as a new Developer Roadmap posting earlier today, Studio 397 has also been hard at work deploying a new update to rF2 and the GT3 and GTE pack of cars...

Released today on Steam, rFactor 2 and the content within has received not one but three very tasty updates, one to the base game that brings with it some very useful performance boosts and improvements for VR users - not least of which is the very well executed 'Stabilize Horizon' feature amongst other tweaks to the core simulation.

Alongside a new build deployment to the game itself, both the recent Endurance Pack and slightly older GT3 DLC car packs have been updated too, in the case of the GT3's we've received a nice update to the current standards introduced with the Endurance Pack of cars, most noticeable of which is the move to the new tyre model alongside some visual changes with the introduction of position lights and new features for traction control and ABS in car adjustments. This is the fourth update to the GT3 pack, and potentially one of the most prominent ones yet.

In terms of the epic 'Endurance Pack' set of cars, containing lets not forget an LMP3 and LMP2 specification car alongside the high profile GTE machines, this one covers off some useful updates to the tyres and BOP settings, bringing the cars nicely in line to perform in multiclass races against both the Endurance Pack content, and also the GT3s as an additional class.

Change logs for all three updates can be seen below:

Latest Update! 26-07-2018
Steam Build ID 2980035
Steam Build ID 2942931 (dedicated server)

- Optimized performance when running post effects at MED/HIGH /ULTRA
- Globally adjustment to positioning of garage exit crewman
- Fixed brake disc glow not blending correctly on certain cars
- Added new parameter to UI 'Stabilize Horizon' This allows users three levels of visual damping. Can be used in VR and on monitors.
- Fixed VR 'mirror screen' flickering at track load

GT3 Pack Update 4
Changelog 25/07/2018

Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v2.31
- Updated tires
- Added onboard Traction Control and ABS
- Minor physics adjustments based on BOP testing
- Added position lights

Callaway Corvette GT3 2017 v2.33
- Updated tires
- Added position lights

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v2.25
- Updated tires
- Minor texture fixes in cockpit (mainly visible while in VR)
- Added position lights

Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v2.31
- Updated tires
- Added position lights

Radical RXC GT3 2017 v2.31
- Updated tires
- Added position lights

Endurance Pack Update 1

GTE
BMW M8 GTE 2018 v1.25
- Updated tires

Corvette C7R GTE 2017 v1.49
- Updated tires

Porsche 991RSR GTE 2017 v1.49
- Updated tires

LMP3
Norma M30-LMP3 2017 v1.51
- Updated tires

LMP2
Oreca 07 LMP2 2017 v1.41
- Updated tires
- Updated suspension

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new update(s) yet? What are your impressions of the changes made to both game and cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

I hope GTE will be more aligned so that online races are more sophisticated :)
Definitely agree, I'm guessing the BMW has been slowed a little bit and the Porsche improved slightly. Hopefully the BMW will be slightly less planted.

I'm interested to see the difference in tyres, I'm hoping for less drop off, at the moment it seems like 2 seconds a lap after only a handful of laps.

Can't wait to test!!

I'm very excited about the Sebring track release. I have over a thousand laps on the track driving cars from Miata's to rip roaring 575+ HP Corvettes both day and night. I'll have an open mind regarding the accuracy as it is very difficult to emulate on a computer.

The M8 GTE still has super low res mirrors. Been that way since it was released a month ago.

Still 10/10 in terms of FFB/Physics, and the tracks are really starting to look nice (like Virginia International Raceway and Spa).

I thought it´s not working anymore with RF2? Is there a new version of RHM that works well in RF2?
Due to a failing Win10 update, I had to start from scratch about 3 months ago. Forgot to install some stuff and while driving rF2 immediately noticed that RHM was one of these things. I installed the latest version I could find (have to check which one it is) and the horizon stabilized now.
So yes, it is still working...;)

Edit: I have RealHeadMotionRFactor2_1.0.3

Last edited:
Despite all harsh criticism i have on Studio 397 and rF2, i bought the GTR3 pack and the Endurance pack. I only race the porsche. Honestly im very surprised by the feel of all the cars. I tried all cars at Silverstone. The Merc and the Porsche are my favorites.
At Silverstone i regular see cars flying through the air after hitting a kerb. A lot of work is still to be done. Sound wise...well, especially the downshifts in the Porsche are very lame. Needs more bite regarding the drive train sounds. The other thing was that the Porsche felt to easy to race. Once i turned off TC it came to life during the exits of corners.
Overall im surprised by the quality of the packs. The Merc feels so different than the Porsche, a good job. The FFB is good enough, i actually feel what the car wants to do and it is so nice to race the Porsche trough corners using the gas instead of extra wheel input.
So far so good, and im willing to spend money on good DLC's:thumbsup:

I would suggest a small but important feature for me, favorite bookmark, for every time I have to scroll the entire list of cars and circuits was really inconvenient. A search function is also very welcome! And maybe the devs could make their official contents look a little bit popup to other items in the list. Many thanks to everyone that made an effort for the game!

Last edited:
I do not want to come across as being one of those fans, that is always winging and wanting something, no matter what.

With that said, I am really happy with the way things are moving forward with RF2, it is certainly becoming a very pleasing sim. But ..there is always a but eh, I am most looking forward to ..plugin functionality and/or the new UI ..come on guys, its been a long wait already.

Share your observation. Tried it, thinking High is closer to LTH, but the horizon still shakes a lot. Tried Low briefly but had to quit after 2 laps, so I'll try it again tom. R3E's workaround works great.
As I still had a working RHM app that completely locks the horizon, I tried deleting it and moving the rF2 Stabilize Horizon slider to High. It is better than it used to be, but the horizon is not completely locked. So I have put the RHM files back. Works better for me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%