'Beyond the Baltic Sea' ETS2 Map Expansion Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Preview 6.jpg

Development of European Truck Sim 2 continues at a pace with the latest previews from the upcoming "Beyond the Baltic Sea" map expansion due later this year...

Set to include the whole of the three Baltic states of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, as well as southern Finland and bits of Russia - including the beautiful city of Saint Petersburg, the next map expansion for European Truck Sim 2 will present to fans of the trucking simulation a rather different visual experience than anything seen so far in the long history of this bizarrely popular franchise.

Excitingly it appears as if the new build update and expansion isn't too far off into the distance either, with SCS themselves confirming the next DLC offering will be made available sometime "in the coming weeks and months".

Good news indeed for fans of the virtual world of big riggin'...

ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Preview 1.jpg
ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Preview 2.jpg
ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Preview 3.jpg
ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Preview 4.jpg ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Preview 5.jpg ETS2 Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC Preview 7.jpg

European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim are both available exclusive to PC on the Steam network now.

If long and short distance hauling of varied cargo is your cup of tea, or if you are curious as to what the fuss is all about, then why not have a poke around in our ETS 2 and ATS sub forums to see if anything strikes your fancy? Oh and we host mods too...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the latest ETS 2 map expansion? Enjoying the game so far? Which region would you like to see added to the sim next? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Last week i took the plunge for 5€ (bought Going East and Scandinavia expansions for another 5€ in total since then). To be honest, without a Rift i probably wouldn't even have considered this franchise, but the beautiful pictures being shown regularly in this Forum made me curious. Installed all the immersion and graphics mod, and i have to say i quite like this game. Doing one haul for around 30min is pretty much perfect to calm down after a long day of work (or a club race ;) ), at the same time i can see maybe the most beautiful scenery in VR so far:thumbsup:

Doing one haul for around 30min is pretty much perfect to calm down after a long day of work (or a club race ;) ), at the same time i can see maybe the most beautiful scenery in VR so far:thumbsup:
I think this is the biggest appeal of ETS2/ATS. It is very stress free and low paced concept where you really don't need to pay that much attention to anything. Just put some country music playing and enjoy the view!

World is vast when using all the DLCs and there is actually quite a lot to see and you can fiddle almost endlessly customising your truck (and pretty much anything in the game) with mods, which these games have insane amounts of.

It offers some challenge sure when using realistic shifter controls etc., but overall it is so easy that you don't feel overwhelmed at any point of the game, which actually is my biggest gripe of the game. My most wished addition to game mechanics would be more fleshed out economic system, where you could actually go bankrupt and you'd need to make real decisions on your goals to succeed.

For the guys above, if you want some more stress you can always go to truckersmp.com download the multiplayer mod and do a trip around Calais or Duisburg. See if you're still relaxed with 3699 crazy drivers around you :D Very funny though, and it's good to test how patient you actually are...

I'd have preferred Spain/Portugal and maybe an update for the original map as UK/Germany et al look a bit naff compared to the quality of the newer stuff. But still looking forward to this.
Checking the ProMods stuff, they already enhanced those areas (Germany, UK) significantly. With the new assets from Italy they will be able to further refine Bavaria and with the assets from Baltic they will be able to enhance northern Germany and probably northern UK as well.
But i agree, an Iberia DLC would be really good, so far ETS2 is really lacking in the southern Hemisphere apart from Italy.

Oh really? Didn't know that, could you point me towards some good ones?
You can start at the steam workshop for ETS2. But further I too find it a little bit of a quest for finding needles in a haystack. Which makes me using it without mods while knowing that there are beautiful mods out there.

And I look forwards to the new addon map. Very curious to the Russian part and mainly Saint Petersburg since it’s a beautiful city which I hope one day to visit in real life. I also hope someday the basemap and Going East gets an overhaul to get the roads and mainly intersections on par with the new maps. I personally even wouldn’t mind to pay a fee for it to get a kind of 2.0 map.

I think this is the biggest appeal of ETS2/ATS. It is very stress free and low paced concept where you really don't need to pay that much attention to anything. Just put some country music playing and enjoy the view!

In ATS it has changed! With the new random events, you always have to keep an eye on the road. I remember me listening to a country song and the deep, monotone engine sound... getting a little sleepy... then suddenly an accident site... too late.. i crashed with 65 miles into the cops car:roflmao:

In ATS it has changed! With the new random events, you always have to keep an eye on the road. I remember me listening to a country song and the deep, monotone engine sound... getting a little sleepy... then suddenly an accident site... too late.. i crashed with 65 miles into the cops car:roflmao:

I wonder why they cannot implement this in ETS2. I have slightly above 400hrs played and all DLCs but I do not play it anymore, any longer route makes me bored because the road and crossroads are so repetetive and there is literally no challenge driving those huge vehicles, even the smaller land-roads are wide as freaking highway lane.

But still I have a sentiment for this game and will support because it actually convinced me to make truck driving license and try this tough job IRL.

I wonder why they cannot implement this in ETS2. I have slightly above 400hrs played and all DLCs but I do not play it anymore, any longer route makes me bored because the road and crossroads are so repetetive and there is literally no challenge driving those huge vehicles, even the smaller land-roads are wide as freaking highway lane.

But still I have a sentiment for this game and will support because it actually convinced me to make truck driving license and try this tough job IRL.

I think they are working on it and the next major ETS2 update will bring the random events. They tested it in ATS like they tested the oversize loads in ETS2. Those loads are now coming to ATS, too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back