Better Triple Monitor FPS with Multiview Turned Off

I've been struggling to get a decent frame rate in Automobilista with my triple monitor setup (R3E & iRacing perform great BTW). By myself & in a spread out pack of cars my frame rates are anywhere from 70 to 100 but at that start of a race I was dipping into the 40's. I decided to turn off Multiview & now my frame rates only dip into the 60's at the start of a race. Also, when I turn on the new HUD it is showing on the left & right screens instead of being stuck in my center screen when Multiview was turned on. Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was struggling like myself.

PC Specs:
i5 2500K @ 4Ghz
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
4GB Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz SDRAM
MSI Z68A-GD65(B3) Motherboard
Thermaltake Toughpower 775W PS
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Triple Screen Monitors - Acer H236HL @ 5760 X 1080

well not really it feels fine actually, could it be better? yes but not too bad, I am 750mm from 24inch screens
Would be good if you could get those screens closer. I sit 700 mm from 40" triples for a FOV of 37. And with the angle of the side monitors I use this means the outside edge of the side monitors are actually behind me.

C79C8D03-0422-4F2E-B600-8692CFDF6F4E_1.jpg

I made it finally!!! RTFM as always ;-).

Lazy guide:
a)
Play Automobilista and take a clear of hud content screenshot (F12) of the cockpit view, in order to get your resolution picture (5760 X 1080 in most cases).

b) Copy the screenshot image at the folder \...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Plugins\DynHUD\editor\backgrounds\Reiza T-Cam in order to load it in the DynHUD editor

c) Open the dynhud_editor application which is located at \...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Plugins\DynHUD\editor
The editor loads with your screenshot image preloaded and the widgets at their default (not optimized for triple screens) positions.

d) The most important: From the DynHUD Editor, go "Edit - Make all the widgets use pixels". Now you can add/delete/move any widget at any screen position that you want!

e) File-Save from the DynHUD Editor and load the game

Example of my modifications:
F5539FA4F71794C2CF7EED38D6F4430683AD1374

Well, I like this game more and more every day ;)
Ok not sure what I am doing wrong but I cannot get this to work, I took the screenshot, I found I had to rename in to background_5760x1080.jpg to get it to load in DYNHUD, I did the pixel thing and it looks like its all correct and move the widgets.
If I take a screenshot it all looks fine in the screenshot but when I load it in the game its completely wrong as if its still in 1920 mode, widgets will not go on outer screen so I must be missing a step:(
Heres my screenshot from DYNHUD https://www.dropbox.com/s/050slxkcs5dwoz6/rfDynHUD_overlay_ini_000.png?dl=0

and in game https://www.dropbox.com/s/lh8xr28zpdxtzdo/GRAB_000.JPG?dl=0

EDIT : Ok figured this out, you are not using multiview which to me is wrong as all the mirrors are stretched, if you use multiview like triple monitors should then this does not work.

Last edited:
I've been struggling to get a decent frame rate in Automobilista with my triple monitor setup (R3E & iRacing perform great BTW). By myself & in a spread out pack of cars my frame rates are anywhere from 70 to 100 but at that start of a race I was dipping into the 40's. I decided to turn off Multiview & now my frame rates only dip into the 60's at the start of a race. Also, when I turn on the new HUD it is showing on the left & right screens instead of being stuck in my center screen when Multiview was turned on. Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone was struggling like myself.

PC Specs:
i5 2500K @ 4Ghz
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
4GB Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz SDRAM
MSI Z68A-GD65(B3) Motherboard
Thermaltake Toughpower 775W PS
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Triple Screen Monitors - Acer H236HL @ 5760 X 1080

The i5 is the weak spot, the rest of the spec should cope easily with triple monitor. You've probably got your answer above, but reduce FoV until the frame rate comes back. If you lose the sense of speed, set your seat position higher and tilt forwards slightly - the aim is to see as much road as possible rushing past you.

Keep the multiview ON, games that have triple-screen programmed in properly are a rare breed.

Yes, I checked it again. Multiview is ticked (on). The "magic" setting for correct multiview is to set the value SubViews=3, in the config file, instead of the default 2.
With the default value 2, the view is like the monitors are tilted away from me instead of towards me.

I am just wondering... why they have this faulty value as default??? It is completely insane! Once again, thank you very much @Tr51 :thumbsup:

Well, as far as i know, when you set subviews to 3 you turned off multiview. You should check on vídeo settings about that because even screenshots look right, in game doesn´t (i think, never tried)
This is correct with it set to 3 it is exactly the same as turning off multiview , the mirrors all become stretched.
try putting the setting back to 2 then put fov on about 26 and put seat all the way back to -100, this is what I need to do to get the triples to look somewhat correct and not bent outwards, but it does slow down the sense of speed

Last edited:
Low FPS and scaling issues is often caused display driver and OS. Clean install of display driver and clean OS is key good gaming impression and high FPS. There are lot of free tools like CCleaner and DDU etc.which can be used. AMS user guide can be found in support folder and it is easy to configure AMS graphics by using it.
PS. Windowed mode is running through OS sync buffer and it is causing more input lag, latency and lower FPS then full screen mode.
;)
Did that recently and it runs better now. New nvidia driver today

Lol same old @SLuisHamilton, I thought that I found "patch" to your attitude and that we can discuss as adults, sorry my mistake :notworthy:. Why should I not discuss about multiview? Subviews 3 was actually rF1 fix to screen angles when Nvidia driver scaling was not like it has been in few years now. You know as well as I do that rF2 (ISImotor 2.5) is only update from rF1(ISIMotor 2.0) and subviews 3 was also rF2 beta fix.
Yes, to be clear:
subviews=2 same as multiview=on
subviews=3 same as multiview=off
:thumbsup:

Yep, multiview ON gives you the proper triple screen experience with corrected angles on side monitors. This WILL cost FPS. This is likely why many sims today (pCARS, DiRT Rally etc.) don't support proper multiview rendering at all.
I highly doubt that 's the reason why. I think it requires quite a bit of "hacking" of the graphics engine if it wasn't built to support it in the first place or else I bet we would have seen it by now with at-least some of the following games: Project Cars, Raceroom, Race 07, GTR Evo, GTR 2, etc. It's just too much of a coincidence that every single game with roots to the pre-triple-rendering ISI engine version just-so-happen to still have no true triple-screen support, many years later, as of today.

Just my thoughts, not saying I'm definitely correct.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%