Better online races now server has ban option?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Is it just me or are the rammers really turning into racers now on the public servers :)
The last nights i had some really good fights on the public servers without being rammed of at the start!

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Cannot confirm that generally, Stig.

Tyro, David and me had at least 2 rammers/blockers on a mini-race last night on Netika. (dont remember the names - they left as fast as they came...as usual)

But i share the opinion that it is getting better ;)

Greetz

• Anthalas

I accidentally hit Kubica on our servers one time. I just want to make it clear that I had no intention of doing so and that I'm sorry for bumping you off, we were in 1st and 2nd respectively when it happened so I feel extra bad about it.

Anthalas said:
I accidentally hit Kubica on our servers one time. I just want to make it clear that I had no intention of doing so and that I'm sorry for bumping you off, we were in 1st and 2nd respectively when it happened so I feel extra bad about it.

Tja sometimes it happens but don't worry i think kubica and you talked already about it :)

Keep on happy & fair racing :D

• markuzjuniuz

WOOFER[RPM];59128 said:
Tja sometimes it happens but don't worry i think kubica and you talked already about it :)

Keep on happy & fair racing :D

A few days ago I had fun on public servers. Just a few races. The first few ones (under RPMNet) were fun. Cat 320's on Monza, Valencia...

Then I accidentally pressed the escape key on the starting grid because I forgot to check my fuel. I went out, saw that it doesn't allow joining during races so I joined a different server...

... I'm not sure if it's intentional but same car (Alfa Romeo), must be as fast (or as slow) as me because I've raced him side-by-side on the 2nd laps of both races on Valencia. Racing with him is fun until I got ahead of him.

First incident was I got him on my outside on the last turn on second lap. So it was like a drag race. I gave him space so I stayed on the left side. Pretty huge space really. When I was getting ahead due to better exit speed he tapped my rear. So I went outside but I thought "it's just an incident".

Second race, saw a red alfa jiggling left and right while defending his position. That seems ok. It might be his style of defending himself. I thought all that jiggling will cost him speed so I'll just wait for an opening, and I did. Overtook him without incident on some corner, got a bit of breathing space, had a couple corners then I committed a mistake and went too wide on a right hander corner.

Thing is, I was expecting people behind me to go capitalize on my mistake so I just tried to settle my car on the green padding before going back in, careful not to ruin other people's races. But, BAM! Red alfa pushed my rear and did a NFS hot pursuit maneuver. What the heck?!? I'm already out, slow, just did a mistake, alfa's got the whole wide road ahead of him yet he went to the green padding only to pop me out?!?

Crazy guy, really. Too bad I'm too noobish online that I couldn't identify who he was. Tsk. Is the NFS maneuver legal in WTCC? I mean tapping or bumping rears or wherever to lose an opponent?

• Henrik Stoldt

Is the NFS maneuver legal in WTCC? I mean tapping or bumping rears or wherever to lose an opponent?

Nope. Bad move by that driver. Clean races are always without any contact :).

EIDT: Wait a second. Did you park on that green stuff? It belongs to the track so maybe it could've been your fault...

• markuzjuniuz

EIDT: Wait a second. Did you park on that green stuff? It belongs to the track so maybe it could've been your fault...

I didn't park of course, hahaha. I just eased off the throttle to settle the car because the car was already plowing forward towards the grass. But really, unless he committed the same mistake I did or he's out for my blood he shouldn't be on my back because the track was really wide open.

Would I be able to see names on the replays? Are multiplayer matches recorded?

• markuzjuniuz

Neo[RPM];60814 said:
you can always switch on the replays to the in-car view of any car, then you see the name as well

Just did. Well, I was right, same guy. But after watching it I won't hold any remorse because the replays were inconclusive. We were trading paint a bit, I did some mistakes too (missed braking point, went in too hot, inaccuracy, etc.), he could've done a mistake. I would just conclude that I still need to learn more, and do more online races.

... I think the guy swerves a lot even on the straights so I thought he could be using a joystick, or worse: a keyboard. Must be really hard for him.

Anyway, no more ranting from me. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years