Better FFB physics in new updates.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive read a few times, that the new cars the gr5 and gtr2 have new physics which improved the FFb and physics. Does this get rid of the over forced centre and the swaying you get from it?

I will not buy them not knowing if this is fixed.

I agree and sympathise with Dan's complaints but this is the best advice in the short term at least. Plenty of other good sim racing options to enjoy.

He has moved on, so have I, but we both desperately want to love this sim and with all this chatter about new updates and new cars it gets us hopeful that the issues might finally get resolved and we can finally love R3E. We only complain because we want to love it, otherwise we'd just abandon it and forget about it. And no, there aren't plenty of good sim racing options right now. The good ones are all 5-10 years old and the new ones are either beta or "to be released soon". So that's why we keep hoping R3E will improve because it has the best potential (IMO).

I just don't see THAT much difference in the ffb to the other sims....and certainly not enough to make any of them a showstopper.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying anyone is not experiencing issues or anything like that, but how mine works and how the others I have played work, I don't see much difference between them all. I can certainly say they don't prefer it, but to say it is poor compared to others loses me.

I just don't see THAT much difference in the ffb to the other sims....and certainly not enough to make any of them a showstopper.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying anyone is not experiencing issues or anything like that, but how mine works and how the others I have played work, I don't see much difference between them all. I can certainly say they don't prefer it, but to say it is poor compared to others loses me.

It feels like I'm driving in a thin layer of air, like an air hockey table. I get no feedback from the tires as to their level of grip which makes it difficult to control the car or push it near its limits, and ultimately makes it a not enjoyable experience. I don't expect it to feel like other sims, but I do expect to be able to feel what my tires are doing because that's a pretty critical aspect of sim racing.

Anyway, I've posted my thoughts on this before and tried any number of FFB settings with no success. I'll say no more on the topic for now as it doesn't appear there will be a solution any time soon.

It feels like I'm driving in a thin layer of air, like an air hockey table. I get no feedback from the tires as to their level of grip which makes it difficult to control the car or push it near its limits, and ultimately makes it a not enjoyable experience. I don't expect it to feel like other sims, but I do expect to be able to feel what my tires are doing because that's a pretty critical aspect of sim racing.

Anyway, I've posted my thoughts on this before and tried any number of FFB settings with no success. I'll say no more on the topic for now as it doesn't appear there will be a solution any time soon.
I think that in this discussion, which has been going on for a while now, what would be really interesting to see is that someone like you that feels no connection and no proper feedback, got to go visit someone who feel the exact opposite and try their rig, to see if this is a matter of difference in feel between systems, or if it's a matter of difference in expectations.
Then, and only then would we know for sure if this is actual issue or just that the FFB doesn't fit your expectations.

I've found that after playing iRacing and R3E exclusively for a couple of months, when I booted up AC the first time I found it's FFB to be atrocious, I was checking my settings and starting to wonder if my wheel was having issues cos it felt so wrong. But after having spent 2 hours on track I started enjoying it's feedback again, it's just very different in how it delivers it's feedback compared to R3E and iRacing.

And no, there aren't plenty of good sim racing options right now. The good ones are all 5-10 years old and the new ones are either beta or "to be released soon". So that's why we keep hoping R3E will improve because it has the best potential (IMO).
Just bear in mind that R3E is also effectively 'in beta', 'in continuous development' or whatever else they call an unfinished game these days. Not making excuses but it's basically in the same place as those other new sims you dismissed.

I agree R3E has the most potential and I understand that any complaints arise from passion for the product, but this forum is no longer the place to get attention from developers on this matter. Endless complaints on RD is tantamount to talking amongst ourselves.

I think that in this discussion, which has been going on for a while now, what would be really interesting to see is that someone like you that feels no connection and no proper feedback, got to go visit someone who feel the exact opposite and try their rig, to see if this is a matter of difference in feel between systems, or if it's a matter of difference in expectations.
Then, and only then would we know for sure if this is actual issue or just that the FFB doesn't fit your expectations.

I've found that after playing iRacing and R3E exclusively for a couple of months, when I booted up AC the first time I found it's FFB to be atrocious, I was checking my settings and starting to wonder if my wheel was having issues cos it felt so wrong. But after having spent 2 hours on track I started enjoying it's feedback again, it's just very different in how it delivers it's feedback compared to R3E and iRacing.

Agreed. If love to try it on someone else's setup so I know if it's an issue with the sim or an issue with my system. But I don't have any local friends who sim race.

Just bear in mind that R3E is also effectively 'in beta', 'in continuous development' or whatever else they call an unfinished game these days. Not making excuses but it's basically in the same place as those other new sims you dismissed.

I agree R3E has the most potential and I understand that any complaints arise from passion for the product, but this forum is no longer the place to get attention from developers on this matter. Endless complaints on RD is tantamount to talking amongst ourselves.

I know it's in beta, which is why I still hold out hope that things may improve (not much hope though). I mainly play AC, it has nice FFB but that's about it, I still consider it as beta. It's my own bad timing that's the problem, I decided to make the jump to PC sims at a time where the good sims are old and the new sims are incomplete, and it's been disappointing.

And I wasn't trying to get the devs attention, I was just sticking up for Dan and explaining why some of us still voice criticism.

It's my own bad timing that's the problem, I decided to make the jump to PC sims at a time where the good sims are old and the new sims are incomplete, and it's been disappointing.
You and me both. I became a 'full-time' PC gamer about three years ago and it was the racing sims that enticed me to build a good gaming rig. Before that I was predominantly a console gamer and had done a lot of organised online racing in Gran Turismo and Forza which was good fun but left me wanting something with more depth.

Coming into sim racing at a time of crossover between the old and the new was a little frustrating. It feels like I have been waiting three years for the first 'finished' next-gen racing sim but I'm not disappointed, it's been a good ride watching these sims develop. Just wish it was happening a bit faster.

And I wasn't trying to get the devs attention, I was just sticking up for Dan and explaining why some of us still voice criticism.
Fair enough, I'll stick up for Dan too but if FFB in its current state is a complete show-stopper then it's probably best to move on and check back again in a month or two.

Also I don't think there is anything wrong with pestering devs about this. Enough people are having issues for the subject to be taken seriously.

Same here, long time GT'er who finally succumbed to the siren song of PC sims about six months ago. Tried several of the new sims and I'm like :cautious:.....:confused:.....:cautious: where's all this awesome stuff I've heard so much about?? It's only in the old sims like Race07 and GTR. :laugh: (I don't care for iracing).

With R3E I'm like Kjell, if I bed into it for a while I can adjust to it and enjoy it, but not as much as I could. Then when I play AC or GSC they feel all weird. But I can go between AC, GSC, and iRacing with no adaptation period, so I usually end up staying with those.

Last edited:
I feel myself like a broken record... 2 years and counting...

You new guys, should give a try to GTR2...then I'm sure, you will realise how far this, and other "new" sims are from "acceptable". A 2006 sim... with just ONE minor patch.

I own GTR2, infact I own almost every sim on the market (the two I don't own that I can think of are GTR 1 and LFS), and I thoroughly disagree with you, I find R3E to be among the best and it's the one sim I enjoy the most.
It's funny how people seem to have issues coping with this thing called opinions...
Opinions differ, and yours is no more right than mine, if you enjoy a sim just enjoy it, if you don't enjoy a sim, move on and do something else, there's no point in hanging around trying to convince others that they are wrong for liking a particular sim, it's a complete waste of your time.

I agree with everyone's post on here, especially kjells, I'm not trying to ruin anyone's enjoyment of This sim, I'm actually quite jealous I cant find the same feeling. But being an avid s3 fan from the inception rr has indeed been uninstalled and I play rf2 and gsc for my sim kicks. Rre isn't for me and I've accepted that now. I just wondered if the new cars had changed at all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%