Better FFB physics in new updates.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive read a few times, that the new cars the gr5 and gtr2 have new physics which improved the FFb and physics. Does this get rid of the over forced centre and the swaying you get from it?

I will not buy them not knowing if this is fixed.

"GTR2 and nowadays sims are far from acceptable" So...

Is AC far from acceptable?
Is R3E far from acceptable?
Is GSCE far from acceptable?

GTR2 maybe outdated but it's one of the most awesome sims I've ever played and I still play, as Race07.

Nowadays sims were born as awesome babies, and today are like more awesome-evolved teenagers. Expect them all to be EPIC the next year.

I said no current "sim" is even close to GTR2.
No, you said:
You new guys, should give a try to GTR2...then I'm sure, you will realise how far this, and other "new" sims are from "acceptable".
And I disagree, I've tried both and a don't think R3E is neither far from acceptable or even far from as good as GTR2, in terms of physics and FFB I find it fully acceptable and not far from GTR2, in terms of immersion, graphics, sound, feeling and multiplayer I find it far better than GTR2. But as I've said, in both of our cases it's nothing but opinion, the difference is that I don't state mine as undisputable facts insinuating that everyone that doesn't agree are wrong.

Just because it's better to you doesn't make it better for everyone.

R3E has quite different approach than gtr2, I'm fine with both in most thing but there is one little thing that keeps me from playing r3e... Its FFB. Used to be fine but now I find it unplayable.. Worst than AC... Relatively good in providing informations but floaty and springy to extend where it no longer feels like driving car. I believe this issue was introduced with adding auto steering wheel rotation

I don't understand the FFB/physics issues you guys having with RE3. I own all sims and find RE3 one of the top in this area. Adding the great sound of the game and its giving immense immersion and fun.

In fact I'm enjoying RE3 so much that its the only sim Im playing at the moment.

There are many options to set the FFB in RE3 and I did play a bit with them until I got the feeling I like.

I suggest you get some FFB/Wheel profiles from other guys with the same wheel and check if you see any difference.

I'm using G25 wheel and ClubSport Pedals V2 EU.

I suggest you get some FFB/Wheel profiles from other guys with the same wheel and check if you see any difference.

I've done that, and tried dozens and dozens of FFB settings combinations, and that floaty/disconnected feeling never fully goes away. I agree that parts of R3E's FFB are the best I've ever experienced, but not feeling connected to the road cancels it all out (for me, anyway). I'm honestly jealous of people who have no issues with it because I really want to love this sim, and if it was the only sim I played I could probably get over this floatiness. But I dabble in a few sims and while I can go between the other ones without problem, if I've been playing one of those and then go to R3E it just feels like I'm driving a boat and after a few laps I get discouraged and turn it off.

I don't say any of this stuff to be negative about the sim or the devs, because in every other area they've done an excellent job. I guess I'm secretly hoping that someone will chime in and say "Ah ha! Here's the super secret FFB combination that eliminates the floatiness and makes it feel like you're driving on tarmac instead of water!" But so far that hasn't happened.

I don't understand the FFB/physics issues you guys having with RE3. I own all sims and find RE3 one of the top in this area. Adding the great sound of the game and its giving immense immersion and fun.
As me, I see you have a good FFB setting for this game, as you can feel it as right as it can be.

But trust me, R3E's FFB is NOT "top". The default settings are not even acceptable.
GSCE FFB is top
GTR 2 FFB is old, but top if you apply "Feels Real mod for G25/G27"
AC FFB is acceptable and, when set up properly, it can feel near to top

But... R3E? R3E has the worst FFB of all actual sims, IMHO.

II guess I'm secretly hoping that someone will chime in and say "Ah ha! Here's the super secret FFB combination that eliminates the floatiness and makes it feel like you're driving on tarmac instead of water!" But so far that hasn't happened.

The FFB really improved within the last updates, so much that I can really enjoy R3E now…but the floatiness is still there, though subtle. Compared to Iracing, AC or GSCE – where I had no problems with the FFB and feel right from the beginning – R3E still needs some work in the FFB department.

RE3 was definitely floaty in the beginning and I was OMG no please! So I understand what you mean as I use to hate it and was so frustrating. But that is all gone for me which is strange really since you still have this issue...

Don't know what to tell you mate...maybe you have some old installation files? Maybe you should remove everything and reinstall? It's definitely not floaty to me....I have iRacing, rFactor 1 and 2, Assetto Corsa, GSCE 2013, Truck, nkPro, pCars......telling you...I have them all....

I think you should find a mate living close by and try it at his place? Maybe un-installing and installing will make a difference too.

But... R3E? R3E has the worst FFB of all actual sims, IMHO.

In some ways it has my favorite FFB, it really makes me feel like I'm in a 2-ton hunk of metal and I can feel exactly where all four corners are and gives me a much more natural sense of speed/movement than any of the other sims. It's just the one area that lets it down, and that's the element of the FFB that communicates the interaction between rubber and tarmac. And I still really believe a big part of it is the lack of audio feedback from the tires when you're scrubbing or near the limits, this creates a disconnected feeling because I can see that I'm spinning but my ears didn't get the necessary input to prevent the spin.

RE3 was definitely floaty in the beginning and I was OMG no please! So I understand what you mean as I use to hate it and was so frustrating. But that is all gone for me which is strange really since you still have this issue...

Don't know what to tell you mate...maybe you have some old installation files? Maybe you should remove everything and reinstall? It's definitely not floaty to me....I have iRacing, rFactor 1 and 2, Assetto Corsa, GSCE 2013, Truck, nkPro, pCars......telling you...I have them all....

I think you should find a mate living close by and try it at his place? Maybe un-installing and installing will make a difference too.

I just recently did a complete reinstall of Windows on my PC, so I basically started from scratch. My R3E download/install is only about 3 weeks old and it feels the same as it did a few months ago when I was spending hours and hours tinkering with FFB settings. I can tone the floatiness down quite a bit, but it's always there no matter what I do. At this point, I've already spent a large enough portion of my life screwing around with FFB settings in this game that I really CBA to do it much more. I've all but given up at this point, sadly.

Last edited:
OK, so I know exactly what you mean by....

"the element of the FFB that communicates the interaction between rubber and tarmac. And I still really believe a big part of it is the lack of audio feedback from the tires when you're scrubbing or near the limits, this creates a disconnected feeling because I can see that I'm spinning but my ears didn't get the necessary input to prevent the spin."

...as if sim does not deliver this than its crap for me! Luckily, in my case, In RE3, I do hear the tires too. When I brake hard or late, they scream I and I know I'm skidding....if I under/over steer I immediately feel it through the wheel (not sure if I hear it though...I'll check when I get home)..but I feel it so much that I manage to correct immediately.

Also, which car are you trying so that I try the same too?

I tried reinstaling, I`m checking FFB after every update, I`ll tried every possible setting, I tried manual config editing (like I`m used to do in GTR2 and GTR Evo), I`ll do reinstal after next update but right now only solution for me was lowering FFB so low that it is no longer fun to drive so I`m not driving, waiting ...

When I brake hard or late, they scream I and I know I'm skidding....if I under/over steer I immediately feel it through the wheel (not sure if I hear it though...I'll check when I get home)..but I feel it so much that I manage to correct immediately.

Also, which car are you trying so that I try the same too?

I feel the wheel shake when I brake hard, that's not an issue. It's when I'm in a turn and start to slip that I'm not feeling the necessary feedback (it's almost like the feedback goes away). I also hear the tires scream when they lock up, it's the scrubbing from taking a turn near the limits that I can't hear and that's a very important sound to hear. For instance, if I start a slow slide there is no sound from the tires, if I don't control that slide and end up in a full spin I don't hear any sound from the tires until the very end of the slide and at that point it's too late. This creates a sense that I'm driving on a non-friction surface like water instead of a sticky/rough surface like tarmac. (And I have all the audio options turned down really, really low except for the tire sounds, still doesn't help much.)

I have most of the cars, the floaty feeling varies from car to car but it's always there to some extent. I've only fired it up once in the last month or two and that was to check out Sonoma, don't recall what car I drove (one of the ADAC 2014's I believe).

I
I have most of the cars, the floaty feeling varies from car to car but it's always there to some extent. I've only fired it up once in the last month or two and that was to check out Sonoma, don't recall what car I drove (one of the ADAC 2014's I believe).

I would say that floatines is related to steering wheel degree of rotation .. for cars with 900 degrees it is relatively fine and lower you go, worst it gets .. that is why I think it has something to do with soft locking the rotation, just like springy feeling in AC ...

well in game the correct one for that car (default), in profiler 900, (I`ve tried to set it to cars rotation in profiler too as that is the cure to AC FFB but no joy here) .. also before this auto rotation feature, FFB in R3E (and in AC) was perfect for me ...

I feel the wheel shake when I brake hard, that's not an issue. It's when I'm in a turn and start to slip that I'm not feeling the necessary feedback (it's almost like the feedback goes away). I also hear the tires scream when they lock up, it's the scrubbing from taking a turn near the limits that I can't hear and that's a very important sound to hear. For instance, if I start a slow slide there is no sound from the tires, if I don't control that slide and end up in a full spin I don't hear any sound from the tires until the very end of the slide and at that point it's too late. This creates a sense that I'm driving on a non-friction surface like water instead of a sticky/rough surface like tarmac. (And I have all the audio options turned down really, really low except for the tire sounds, still doesn't help much.)

So I just did a test with the Cadillac CTS-V.R and hit it hard around the track.......and........I felt it slipping around the corner and I even heard the tires screaming.....the wheel also gave the me feedback I need that the car was loosing the back so that I could correct just in time......

I'm so sorry that you are not having the same experience I am :(

Having said all this, I just did a fresh install of rF2, FFB etc was perfect before and now its all gone! So I'm gonna have to find out how to fix it again as I know it can be very good...the thing is that with these games and hardware and different profiles so many things can go wrong :(

So I just did a test with the Cadillac CTS-V.R and hit it hard around the track.......and........I felt it slipping around the corner and I even heard the tires screaming.....the wheel also gave the me feedback I need that the car was loosing the back so that I could correct just in time......

I'm so sorry that you are not having the same experience I am :(

I wish I had your copy of the game, because mine does not have any of those features. :( Granted, I've not tried the Caddy yet and characteristics vary wildly from car to car in this game, but I somehow doubt I would get any tire noise or friction feeling with it. Oh well, at least pCars will finally be out soon! :cool:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 427 39.6%