Better cockpit view possible?

Hi there,

I am enjoying the game a lot, but I strongly dislike the cockpit camera view because it reduces the visuals of the track... :frown: the interior of the car just occupies the whole screen and there is not enough room for the rest in order to play the game without stressing my eyes too much...

Is it possible to zoom the camera in that cockpit view a bit?

Edit StockV8_cockpitinfo.ini
Eyepoint=(0.39, 0.76, 0.20) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK)

Edit player.plr
Seat Adjustment Aft="-0.00500"
Seat Adjustment Up="0.01100"

Result:

grab014s.jpg

What I want to know is how to make my windscreen clean! They have put this ugly texture over it that makes it look like the glass is covered in dirt/dust. I have 5mins remaining on my demo and can't see myself buying this if this can't be fixed.

What I want to know is how to make my windscreen clean! They have put this ugly texture over it that makes it look like the glass is covered in dirt/dust. I have 5mins remaining on my demo and can't see myself buying this if this can't be fixed.

Its possible. You must edit the file "driverwindow.dds" with Photoshop. Each driver has its own file so there are 34 files to be edited.

gsc2011101923320866.jpg

How do I get the virtual mirrors show like in the above screen shots?

I found it guys:

I did a google search for rFactor virtual mirrors and I found the following instructions on the enabling VM for rFactor:

1. Go to the PLR file that is found here - X:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\YourName\YourName.plr

2. Open the PLR file in Notepad.

3. Under [ Graphic Options ] change Rearview="1" to Rearview="3" and Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="0" to Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="1"

[ Graphic Options ]
Broadcast Overlay="1"
Texture Detail="3"
Vertical FOV Angle="34" // 34=use default, otherwise is the FOV for attached cameras (horiz is calculated based on aspect ratio)
Rearview="1" // 0=Off, 1=Center and Side, 2=Center only, 3=Side only (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on/off)
Allow Rearview In Swingman="0"
Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="0"
Rearview Width="64.00000"
Rearview Height="14.00000"
Rearview Cull="1" // Whether to cull objects in the rearview based on visgroups in the SCN file

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 202 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%