Better AI Tyre Strategies

Misc Better AI Tyre Strategies Testing

Login or Register an account to download this content
stonehedge24 submitted a new resource:

Better AI Tyre Strategies - better strategies for 50% races

This mod vastly improves the tyre strategies for the 50% race lengh mode, espessially for the AI cars. The game devs only adjusted the 100% race mode properly.

Multiplayer does not work with this mod, you would be kicked out of the lobby.

This mod is part of a much larger project which fixes even more bugs (mostly minor) that I am able to fix. But we need to test this mod first on how it performes in Safety Car phases and in changing weather conditions.

Thanks!

View attachment 269038

Read more about this resource...

Can you please elaborate what exactly does this mode do, what does it affect and be more specific? I would like to know more before using this. Truth is that the strategies in 50% races in F1 2018 not so good.

Nice work man!

Does this mean AI are now doing 1 stops at monaco ?

Tried it and still in China ai do 4 lap stop on used ultra. Can you fix that?

Can you please elaborate what exactly does this mode do, what does it affect and be more specific? I would like to know more before using this. Truth is that the strategies in 50% races in F1 2018 not so good.
It's impossible to change the stint lenghs of all tyres (since F1 2017 the values for that are saved in an extra database for each track). So I firstly changed the tyre time drop-off (time graph in the tablet screen before the race) to be much more linear, like it is in real life and I changed the time deltas between each tyre depending on how long the tyre can last. (e.g. the hypersoft tyre lasts half of the distance as the ultrasoft in general, so I needed to increase the time difference between those tyres.
Edit: I have updated the main page now :D
Thanks for your feedback ^^

i just did a race in silverstone 50% and everyone 1 stoped for this to work wouldent they 2-3 stop..sounds like oppisite to me???
The strategies also depend on the surface roughness of the track but as we cant change the stint lenghs specific for each track some races will have the same strategy: like sotchi, monza and silverstone. For some reason the Devs made the street circuits very high tyre weary but the real life races showed the opposite.

It would be easy to make all races a 1 stop like in real life if we just could edit the stint lenghs. In F1 2016 we could do that as the values were in a uncompressed xml file and not in an extra database (e.g. F1 2018\asset_groups\environment_package\tracks\bahrain\wep\bahrain_2018.pvs.erp)

is there any way you can make mor tyre wear mod for player and ai say 10% more wear and 20% and 30% ande so on i think that will work.but i woulnt have a clue how to do that

ok ive tested a few tracks now and most drivers the average 1 stop was 7 and 2 was 13 but that was b4 this mod..now with this mod they did 17 2 stops and 3 3 stops ..so yes this does work pretty good, thanks..but proberly could do with a few more tests and tweeks..cheers

Thanks Stone, most races are now 2 stops which the AI are also doing. However, is there anyway to make it swing the other way by making most races a 1 stop for the player and the AI, even those who qualified in the top 10?

Thanks Stone, most races are now 2 stops which the AI are also doing. However, is there anyway to make it swing the other way by making most races a 1 stop for the player and the AI, even those who qualified in the top 10?
No, we can not edit the maximum tyre life. The values for that are saved for each track individually in a database. You can decrease the tyre wear for the player only but then the AI would still do the vanilla game strategies. So different tyre deltas is the only way to go.

I tried it last night on the A1 ring and most of the field 2 stopped and there was a big difference in speed with the cars that went with the Hard tires and 1 stopped! Good work

Probably I'm dumb, but it's not clear to me what the mod does: does it change the expected tyre life/performance on the strategy graph? Just for the AI or AI+player?
No problems at all btw, I'm having a lot of fun with it, I'm just curious.

Probably I'm dumb, but it's not clear to me what the mod does: does it change the expected tyre life/performance on the strategy graph? Just for the AI or AI+player?
No problems at all btw, I'm having a lot of fun with it, I'm just curious.
Time drop-off affects player+AI,
max. expected stint length affects only the AI (player could ignore expected strategy and drive on),
tyre wear factors in the tyrecompounds.erp file only affect the player

I just increased tyre wear numbers x10 and now have 1-2 stops for all drivers in 5 lap races, increase x5 = 3-4 stops in 25% races. In career and quick mode. Used settings: game ver. 1.10, skip all practices, do one-lap quali, 75% AI and keyboard for me.

Last edited:
Time drop-off affects player+AI,
max. expected stint length affects only the AI (player could ignore expected strategy and drive on),

HI Stonehedge,

where did you change the Time drop-off?
The folder you uploaded only included the tyrecompound.erp from 09.09.2018.

And when i watched through your code, but i could only find, that you edited/linearized the Wear/Grip-Table.
i plotted the data, and it only shows me that several tyres now have the exact same aging.

so, where do you modify/increase the deltas for the different tyres (as written in your description)?

Attachments

• WearGrip - Stonhedge vs. Original.jpg
    WearGrip - Stonhedge vs. Original.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 139

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back