Beta v0.7.9.2 is ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Hi Guys,

The Beta is ready for the next round of testing.

If you are an experienced BTB Pro/Evo user and would like to help, please read on.

Preparation

BACKUP - You should be doing this anyway, but make sure you backup your project before using the new BETA version. I test this on my own projects first but it still pays to be safe.

If you wish to keep your current version of BTB running, make a copy (do not just rename the current one) of the folder and name it something obvious like BobsTrackBuilderv0_7_0_6.

Uninstall BTB v0.7.0.6.
Uninstall BTB v0.7.9.1.

Installation

Download here --> http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Download and install as usual. Copy your existing license to the folder.

If your license is no longer working for the beta, email me your username and license description (as entered into the BTB website).

Reporting Problems

Only report problems with the Beta here. This is not a thread for "what I want to see .." ideas.

Please check the manual (press F1) first before asking for help.

When sending me a project please zip the entire contents of your project (eg. The entire folder C:\Program Files\BobsTrackBuilder\My Projects\My Project). You could omit and XPack.zip files that are the standard ones downloaded from the BTB website.

Older thread ... http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/21565-beta-v0-7-9-1-ready.html#post370872

missed names of materials

Thanks a lot Mr. Pywell for the new incoming version full of new features!

Maybe I'm not able to find the name of the used materials like in previous versions, but I try to inform about it...

Once you have applied a surface material (as well as a "wall" material to a wall...) to the track (and a track could have several materials with similar names but different properties for bumbing etc...) and you want to modify it as well as you want to replace it, there is no longer way to identify the applied material... as shown into the following pisctures. In version 0.7.6 you can easly identify the material into the "Track Surface Properties window" - "Material" as well as fo walls into the "Walls window".

Attachments

• missed_name1.jpg
    missed_name1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 323
  • missed_name2.jpg
    missed_name2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 318
Track Elevation in pro and Evo

I made a track in BTB pro and opened it up in the beta 0.7.9.2 and exoprted it to rfactor, then used the AIW editor to add a pit extension path. Then I copied the project file to BTB evo (beta 0.7.9.2) and exported it to GTR2. and copied the edited rfactor AIW to GTr2 and when the game started the car was floating below the ground level. I then compared the elevations of starting grid position 1 in the original rfactor, edited rfactor and GTr2 aiw files. The original rfactor and edited aiw file elevations were fairly close but different, a few cm. But I can intercange the files and the game works the same, ie. I see no difference. When I look at the elevation in the original gtr2 aiw, the elevations are all something like 46 meters lower. I set the elevation adustement to none in BTBpro before exporting to rfactor and the elevation of grid position 1 corrisponds roughly to what i rember setting the elevation to for that location when I was building the track. I think BTB evo is translating the track elevations differently than BTB pro. Attached are two of the aiw files, the edited rfactor file and the gtr2 file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n4lyynfhdnw/BTB_AIW.rar

Hi Brendon,
I don't know if it would be considered a bug but every time I export a track I
lose the sky.dof from the geometry.ini and the sky shader from the track.shd
file the special.ini file also has settings that get overwritten.
I noticed that in RBR it has some settings and materials that seem to be
used as the default. Would it be a good idea to have directories in BTB/racer
that we could store our basic default files to and then BTB could base it's
files from them?
I wouldn't mind so much, but without a sky Racer has a flickering background
that is distracting to say the least. :)

Thanks
Alex Forbin

Hy, I get this error
When I try edit track surface properties.
First this error program drop when I add new track shape node... After BTB restart result the same
Pleas help restore my track

screenshot010jop.jpg

By antanas_j at 2009-08-24

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Mesh..ctor(Int32 numFaces, Int32 numVertices, MeshFlags options, VertexFormats vertexFormat, Device device)
at BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.CreateVertexBuffer_Surfaces()
at BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.ShowSurfacesForm()
at BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.PerformToolbarAction()
at BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.toolStripButton1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MC
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Form

Hy, I get this error
When I try edit track surface properties.
First this error program drop when I add new track shape node... After BTB restart result the same
Pleas help restore my track ...

I have located the problem, the number of cross-sections used and the number of points in your cross sections overflow a buffer. I can fix this (will be in next release), but in the meantime you might like to consider using less points in your cross-section.

There is no real reason to have so many because game engines just won’t make use of them. If your intended output is RBR then it may actually cause problems having so many points close together. See picture for example of how you could change this and still have a similar level of detail.

Also you will need to change the size and dimensions of your background pictures. The “Lektuvas 2.jpg” picture is currently 90MB and 10,000x10,000 pixels. Resize this to 4,096x4,096 and save with better compression so it is around 2-3MB. This is currently chewing up a lot of video ram and will prevent people with limited video ram from running on your track.

Attachments

• CSection.jpg
    CSection.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 296
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 383 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%