Beta v0.2 is out.

Changelog

G: x360 rumble intensity multiplier
G: new drift mode, it is based on score and time not laps
G: sectors status in time transponder is reset after each lap
G: Driver Eyes Positioner is Default app (localization added)
G: Fixed replay loading with cars (wing problem)
G: Fixed replay GUI (slider)
-
S: Fixed turbo still producing boost even after fuel went zero
S: Better engine coast at near minimum rpm, no need half gas to move the needle anymore
S: Implemented “FF Enhancements”
S: Improved AA algorithm selection
-
LS: Reverb effect removed
LS: New default volumes preset
LS: Engine volume tweaked for all cars
LS: Backfires volume tweaked for all cars that have them
LS: Rumble strip, tyre rolling, tyre scrubs and wind volume/pitch variation tweaked
LS: BMW M3 e30 interior sounds improved
LS: BMW M3 e30 fixed missing gearshift sounds
LS: BMW M3 GT2 interior sounds improved
LS: Tatuus FA01 interior sounds improved
LS: KTM X-Bow interior sounds improved
LS: Ferrari 458 Italia overall engine pitch tweaked
LS: Lotus 49 interior sounds improved
LS: Lotus Elise SC and Scura engine and compressor volume levels tweaked

This update does not include the new content which will be released tomorrow as announced earlier this week.

yes I turned the road effect down, I thought my wheel broke

I turned each up to feel what they were doing.

Something like this feels decent to me:
Gain: 100
Filter: 0
Damping: 0
Kerb effects: 60
Road effects: 40
Slip effects: 75

If you slide the car completely on the side or spin the wheels in low gear the slip effects shoots off in strength really hard though. rattling the wheel. Initial impression says that might need a less steep curve. Cause the subtle effects in corners are nice to have.

Im still getting the bad throttle response I had in the version before. Anyone else still have issues with your g25/27 gas pedal not really working till it's almost all the way pressed down?
I had a problem like that briefly on my fanatec wheel a while ago. The accelerator almost acted like a button doing nothing until I had it pressed all the way down then going full throttle. I just unplugged the pedals and plugged (game off) them back in again and haven't seen the problem since.

Im still getting the bad throttle response I had in the version before. Anyone else still have issues with your g25/27 gas pedal not really working till it's almost all the way pressed down?
The various cars do have their own throttle curves. For a couple that are noticeably different here's the e30 m3 vs. 458:
bnz8RSA.png

I'm interested to see where they are getting these curves from.

I know for example the M3 will be quite easy to measure throttle plate deflection vs throttle input, but the F458 will have a 3d table (or several) for this, usually the profiles change dramatically as rpm change too (ie, drivers wish throttle map in a car ECU)

If these are being tuned arbitrarily just like the current FFB defaults then they probably are not ideal.

I might try get an original binary for the F458 engine ECU and dig out the throttle maps to compare.

I'm generally positive and negative about the new FF stuff.

They give a great fullness to the steering now but once again I feel the issue is a lack of power steering. On the power steering cars they feel more out of place.

IRL when I drive around on grass my steering wheel doesn't do what it does in AC, it's just a soft wooly vibration, not a high frequency shake my teeth out sensation.

Forces are generally quite linear from straight ahead to full lock at peak slip ratio, I guess because power steering is designed to do that... help when forces get high and even them out.

So kinda getting there, but one step forward two steps back.

I'm a bit frustrated that with all the skills at KS they can't get steering feel right.

In my view GT5 still feels better overall than AC.

How hard to just take Fy about scrub radius and pass that force into the rack and then to my FF wheel?

What happens in real life? Copy it? Result = realistic?

By all means add canned forces and sensations for those that want them, but the defaults should feel like real life. I don't like kerbs clattering the wheel in my road car because they don't in real life that much at all.
When I hit grass I don't want my desk to vibrate stupidly, in real life when I drive on grass it's a completely different feel to AC.

Sorry KS guys. I truly believe you can do a much better job but you just aren't.

You could add all the cars/tracks in the world but imo I'd rather you focus on getting FF feeling great (go try GT5 please) than adding loads of content that feels wrong.

Yes I know I keep mentioning GT5. It's not perfect but they at least felt how a real cars steering felt and copied it. It feels like real steering, especially on your average road car.
Ie, can let go of wheel and it self-centres smoothly. No high frequency rattly effects on grass etc.

Cheers

Dave

@ Mr Whippy
If youre looking for realistic FFB, you spend your time better going out driving your own car IRL than discussing this sim.
FFB in sims isnt to represent a real wheel, it's made to simulate various forces and sensations to make it easer handling the simulation of the car. In sims we dont have g-forces, forces to the body and so on.

It's a discussion with a false basis that can never go anywhere.

But the basic realistic forces must exist for the simulation to be accurate.

If you then want to overlay 'sensations' on top then fine.

Remember that it's these fundamental FF forces that self-correct the car steering and guide you and the car to a natural balance dictated by the tyres.

But the basic rack and FF forces are not correct yet before we even add these other forces over the top.

It's not a problem that can't be fixed, it just needs fixing.

Dave

There I partly agree. I think Niels, the physics guy from rFactor talked briefly about it in his video of the ferrari at imola. That the FFB makes the car catch pendulum effect and keep swaying back and forth. I'm not knowledgable enough about these specifics but I did think of this exact think myself before I saw that video, even though I cant specify exactly what/why/how.
I dont feel equally in contact with what the car is doing in AC right now as I did in netKar.

Well if its that simple,why dont you fix it and send them your results...they will be happy to recieve help from you,as i see you really know EVERYTHING possible and impossible about EVERY car existing and even the ones from Area 51....hell,they might hire you in the team!!!
You have some strong afirmations and i am absolutely sure they suck at this job...but no wory because you can save this game...:x3::):laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::laugh::):rolleyes:

I just know about forces and levers (Fy vs steering geometry), and that F458 TC isn't so simple.

You don't need to be very intelligent to spot these things.

I guess the question is do you care about these in a high end sim? I do.

I just know about forces and levers (Fy vs steering geometry), and that F458 TC isn't so simple.

You don't need to be very intelligent to spot these things.

I guess the question is do you care about these in a high end sim? I do.

You show us you know stuff,great,i dont say you dont know,but you like to be a showoff and make loooooong post about it that bores the hell out of some...If you really want to help,go to AC support forum and post everything you find rong in the game,they have the ears to listen....telling us things like...thats rong..oh and thats not like in reality or its easy to fix,why they dont do it....its just waste of space here,i know sometimes Aristotelis or Stefano reads from time to time but they work on this aswell and dont have always the time to search all the forums like RD,VR...and so on...
The AC support forum is there for this reason,to repport bugs and stuff that YOU think its rong,and you might be right.
Do something and dont just talk,if you say you know stuff...help,make a better SIM isnt that what you want too?

I am contributing there where I can.

I just like to play the devils advocate too. To add two sides to things is nicer and more interesting than one sided discussion.

I'm only trying to force some more open discussion. It often feels like people are not open to discussing their honest views as if they will be lambasted for them.

If AC is perfect to everyone right now then I'd be shocked to think how your real life cars must drive hehe ;) :D

I dont think we will have a 100% real SIM even if you make a pact with devil...you know there are limits...especialy HW...adding more and more complex equation willl make this game unplayable on current HW...
I noticed you like to "play" with us,but i am sure you will have much more succes if you are more friendly and rational in your talk...leave the devil in hell
The last version 0.2 is much better than 0.1...and you also said it,now how many updates will be there till version 1.0...Alot,i say,right now i dont think you can argue that is not verry close to reality...
Its a mistake to think it will be 100% real but from what i read on FB about AC from a few REAL race pilots,its enough for me to make an idea on how a race car should handle.... And as a joke,I`ll have to make a MOD from my real car for AC and only after i can say how close they are.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back