Beta Impressions

Here is another screeny of the "Test Day" selection screen:
eHzDEdf.png

Does every level of backer have access to play?

Mine won't start up.
Config tool does not even start up and the .exe file starts the game but nothing more than the Automobilista sign shows up.
Verified game cache and deleted my profile but this does not help.

Hum level 6 here so:O_o:

Did you completely delete everything from the SCE beta? Like, Completely uninstall from Steam and then go into the file location and delete everything that remained? There were some config files that were left over after the Steam uninstall that may be the problem. You need to completely download everything from your plaer .plr file to all the other game files. Download size is about 11.4 GB

Edit: Also, as Renato said, troubleshoot in the backer forum.

• Deleted member 217114

I am so jealous. Wish I knew Automobilista existed so I could back it too :( I loved Formula Trucks so much.

Is the hand brake, which drivers use to make the car rotate for sharp corners, simulated in the supertrucks or is it simplified (no handbrake use required) ?

This is what Gordon says on one site:

"You need to master the handbrake to unsettle the rear to help them turn, making it pretty busy in the cab"

In the videos you can also see them constantly pulling at the handbrake to help the car rotate.

Menus

Overall I'm happy with the menus. I still think it lack a bit. Some things I don't like is:

1. before you've chosen what game mode you want you choose between cars. A big improvement would be actual pictures of the cars. Now you need to know what car the different names are (if that makes sence)

Example:
MainMenu.png

(scrollable menu)

Could also make the icons even smaller, now there's only 6 series you need to scroll down for:
MainMenu3.png

2. When later choosing the livery of the car you need to go through every car (wait for them to load) and then decide which one to choose. Wouldn't it be quite easy to just have small icons next tothe different cars where you see how the livery looks like? Another alternativ is to have both the car and name in a scrollable list (this would be the best imo).

3. When later choosing track I would prefer if you chose from a list of different locations but maybe make it a bit bigger with names and track maps besides them. When you then click on a location you see the different layouts.

Example:
vehicle&track.png

My suggestions are pretty much for saving time and making things a bit more clear for the user. Overall I like the simplicity of the menus.

Force Feedback

Only good things to talk about here. Definitely a small improvement from SCE (which already had my favourite ffb). I think the biggest different is that you feel the bumps much more clearly now.

HUD

Kind of like the HUD. They seem to be a bit glitchy from time to time. (is it just for me that the tyre temperatures got disabled for the race)

The tachometer has a good and modern look, i just think that the lever just isn't that clear. (I think it could be pretty cool to maybe put some colours after it depending on what rev it's on (gradually changes colour. Example: https://i.gyazo.com/67764aec3c898180221d804b46260fa8.jpg
A big area changing colours like that would maybe be a bit annoying tho (but you get the general idea of it)
Maybe a better look:
tachometer.JPG

Overall I'm not some kind of pro designer but you get my point, I'm sure a capable person would be able to make my ideas great.

Last edited:
Amazing...just amazing! Again Reiza has proven itself to be a big player in the simrace world. I love the new interface. It is fresh clear and most important simple and easy to use. My first test drive was a mess. Huge deadzone in my T500 and huge stutters:O_o:. I de-installed the beta and installed it from fresh. That did the trick:). Solid performance and very good wheel feel. My biggest joy are the sounds. Especially the external replay sound. They are much more alive, more in front. The V8 feels super. Tire wear is for sure something to watch when racing. Drifting, skidding, brake locking and the tires are gone in a few laps.
Great great job Reiza!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I fired it up for the first time today and it was plug & play 'out the box' as they say.

As dirt sim racing does not interest me at all so went to Interlagos with my favourite tintops - Brazilian V8s - and did some laps with 33 AI.

After an afternoon of driving First impressions is Interlagos (only track I have driven on AMS so far) has been revamped to 2015 standards and looks great.

Getting good FPS, although graphics to me are still very rFactor1 and just look dated - same as GSCE. FFB and physics feel the same and Brazilian V8s drive the same. Just about everything is pretty much the same as GSCE. Maybe the sounds are more refined or different.

For sure AMS is GSCE nicely repackaged - no major evolution and certainly no revolution (apart from dirt if you into that) - honestly I was expecting neither. Tempered my expectations and as a result not disappointed.

If AMS built by the clever Reiza crew was developed on rFactor 2 as a platform - now that would have been amazing!

We wait in hope I guess...

Meanwhile whenever I feel like a good old Brazilian V8 session GSCE... oops I mean AMS is there to be fired up.

I only tried a few cars and tracks but, I'm really liking the improvements Reiza!:thumbsup:

The Game FFB is working very nice with the AccuForce, there seems to be much more detail now but, I haven't been able to get SimVibe working with the Beta yet.

The replay sound enhancements are nice - I noticed that straight away. Graphic updates look good; not a leap but, a nice and welcome upgrade for sure. I'll be playing a lot of this.:)

Only real issue I have is FPS related; the game doesn't run smooth for me. It's playable but, not what it should be with my system. I tried some different graphic settings and it didn't seem to make any difference at all so there's something amiss elsewhere (i7/GTX 980Ti+SC/16gb RAM).

I only tried a few cars and tracks but, I'm really liking the improvements Reiza!:thumbsup:

The Game FFB is working very nice with the AccuForce, there seems to be much more detail now but, I haven't been able to get SimVibe working with the Beta yet.

The replay sound enhancements are nice - I noticed that straight away. Graphic updates look good; not a leap but, a nice and welcome upgrade for sure. I'll be playing a lot of this.:)

Only real issue I have is FPS related; the game doesn't run smooth for me. It's playable but, not what it should be with my system. I tried some different graphic settings and it didn't seem to make any difference at all so there's something amiss elsewhere (i7/GTX 980Ti+SC/16gb RAM).
There are probably some issues with DD wheels .. more people was reporting low FPS but always with DD wheel .. normaly FPS should be the same as for GSC ... so 150-300 on average machine .. try support forum

Just ran a few laps on Spielberg Short with Lancer RS and Vees.
The track detail/graphics is completely different. That's absolutely noticeable when you switch between AMS and GSCE. The whole visuals look different, couldn't pinpoint it, but might also only be stuff done with SweetFX which i didn't use with GSCE.
FFB feels different, but also couldn't pinpoint that one.

UI and HUD change were long overdue, so very happy about them.

So, first contact was very positive :)

I'm not in beta group but from videos I've seen graphics look superb. Ideal, actually. Very balanced colors and easy on the eyes. Also white lines seem to be blurring up nicely so hopefully that is from correct LOD bias or whatever that thingy is and not AA muscle being applied by the player's gfx card. Does anyone know gfx card settings of RD streaming dudes?

I've got approx 8hrs in the beta and asides from a few bugs that they have acknowledged....all I can say is its simply amazing with what they have done, aside from weather it's pretty similar to rf2 just has more base content :)
Asides from a few stutters on certain tracks the performance is great Iam currently running an older i7 2600 with gtx 970 max ingame settings and x8 aa & x8 supers supersampling with x16 af through nvidia control panel with 20 Ai on 3440 x1440p ultra wide monitor I am getting 140-190 fps on pretty much all tracks.
Ffb feels great but in the super tuck the forces are a bit too strong which many have complained about, I find I can feel a little more body weight and suspension movement than in gsc.
The new dynamic tire model and track are excellent. You can really feel the difference in grip on and off the racing line, on the line breaking seems to have a little more bit which you can feel through the ffb, offline if you drive through the marbles grip is less and you can feel the marbles for a few hundred meters and has a nice audio que up till they have been kicked off, flat spotting is nice and noticeable but not as dramatic as rf2.
The dynamic rubbering looks great as well and you can see it gradually building as the session goes, I really like the textures they have used and the placement of the rubber build, unlike other titles that looks like continual sponge painting smear around the whole track, they've used tire track textures and only in braking and cornering areas. I know this sounds minimal but what really amazed me that I've seen in every other sim to date is that I haven't seen one hovering tire mark off a curb or through a turn. Probably the best the track textures out there!
Graphics look amazing almost somewhat rustic as they've lowered the vibrance of the vegetation, nice suddle window reflections with a bit of dirt, cockpits and car skins have better shading and deeper detail
Ui has been nicely updated to hd and fairly simple to navigate around as well as being very familiar to gsc ui setup.
Once they work out the remaining bugs this game will be fantastic, personally I am most excited for club races in the super truck! :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years