Beta ELO Driver's Rating at RaceDepartment

rankings..jpgIn the past several weeks, we have been developing a rating system for all of the drivers at RaceDepartment. In this first release we are only supporting RACE series results, but rFactor and GTL integration is coming soon. However, it is much more than just a rating system. You should be able to see all race results, fastest laps and all of your records.

Driver's rating is based on the famous chess ELO rating (wiki info), but of course adapted for our needs. Some of the basics:

1. You only lose points for not finishing a race (DNF, DQ)
2. You accumulate points based on your opponents strength, e.g. your rating is 1900 and you finished ahead of 10 drivers with a rating of 100. You will advance very little on the ladder. However, if your rating is 100 and you finished ahead of drivers with a higher rating, you will get much more points.
3. The more races you finish the more points you get.
4. More weight is given for podium finishes, but again it is based on the number of drivers in the race (winning a race with 3 drivers won't advance you much on the ladder).
5. All stats will be updated once or twice a day.
6. Stats are backdated to 1.1.2010
7. Every driver begins at a rating of 1500

Now explore this page-> RANKINGS as there are a lot of interesting stats.

There are several other features in the works :rolleyes: (favorite car, track, displaying rating on the forum, etc..)

Have more input? We would love to hear it!

Wow! I've always wanted to know how I've done in previous races on RD and see how I've progressed since then. This is a great idea and it looks awesome! Top notch stuff Eric! :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back