Best way to start at IRacing

Hi guys,

I've decided to take a leap of faith and subscribe to IRacing using the 1-month > 2-months free! However, this all seems a bit overwhelming and I wanted to know, in you opinion, what is the best way to start at IRacing for someone who prefers road racing with GT-Style cars. What are my options?

Thanks in advance, and I realise there isn't an easy answer to my question! :D

Hi,

Stick with the Rookie series until you finish ur MPR or fast track asap to D class Mustang. Mustang will prepare you for the Vette better than any other car imo. If you want to save your kaching you are best to stick with D class and advance ur licence to B class as C class has the option of V8 and Mustang v RileyDP multiclass race. Once you are at B class you have no choice but to purchase Radical to participate in the Vette series with custom setup or stick with Vettes only with fixed setup.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

To start of just go with the rookie cars and tracks that come with the subscription and give them all a try. If you're not overly bothered about ovals, just go with the road cars and tracks.

Also, get plenty of 'TEST' time either on your own or enter some of the open practice sessions. Both will help you acclimatise to the sim whilst not having any detrimental effect on your iRating and SR.

Once you feel you are up to speed with how things run, its off to race and hopefully boost the SR.

Good luck.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years