Best way to setup rF2 after Build 218 and new and old problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded and installed build 218 over my existing build. When I first try to use rF2 in Single Player, iut would not start, but after restarting the computer it started up fine.

However, once I was in SP game I realized the sound was completely messed up. I heard the other cars far louder than my own and other small issues. I tried playing around with the sound panel, but it only made things worse. I also tried 5.1 and stereo settings and everything was quite bad.

in addition, my mods are now completely messed up, with many tracks having several versions each representing a different layout of the track and the older version of the tracks supporting the bulk of the mods (in other words, the new track version are not associated with any mods)

I really would like to simplify the mods in my rF2 but when I attempted that the last time, it was an absolute mess and I ended up being unable to play several official mods.

In any event, I am posting here to see if there is an existing procedure that would help me getting rid of the older versions of mods and tracks.

In addition I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the sound and if I should try to do a clean install of rF2 instead of installing it on top of the previous version.

PS: when I tried to run an update from within rF2, it hang forever until I had to force quit and then I decided to install manually

PS2: I was mostly concentrating on the sound, but some of the graphics were also very poor. I don;t recall the car I was using or on what track, but when an AI car passed me, it literally went through my car body as if I were transparent and I could see briefly inside the AI car. I have never experienced this before.

Thank you.

Hi m8,

did you read this thread? :)

A fresh install is a must after the latest build, the best way to do it is written in that thread aswell. :)

I don't have problems with the sounds, they are just more quiet than they used to. Only on Croft v1.0 I hear other cars if they are behind me all the time. Maybe has something to do with the track?

I will lock this thread as with more questions you can post them in the thread I Mentioned above. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back