Best way to install/organize Race07 addons

With base Race 07, thought of getting some or all bundle add-ons (GT Power Expansion, Race On, WTCC 2010 Expansion and STCC 2). I read somewhere that some of these have different interfaces, so does this mean its better to ohave each of them installed into separate folders than the Race 07 base install folder? Or inside the same Race 07 folder? So there would be 4 or 5 separate startup icons too? Looks confusing.

Can someone w/ these add ons help show the best way to install these for best organization?

Thanks.

They will each automatically install, just let it happen. They all go into the same folder.

Each one has it's own color interface but they are all Race 07 and will all open to the same screen. It's best though to always use the Race 07 one to start as that's the one to use anytime there has been an update.

I have only the Race 07 icon on my desktop!

Interface is changing depending on what icon you started the game. If you run trough the R07 icon it will be default interface and if you run game with Race On icon it will change to Race On interface. All interfaces are installed automatically, but changes depending on your starting shortcut.

Interface is changing depending on what icon you started the game. If you run trough the R07 icon it will be default interface and if you run game with Race On icon it will change to Race On interface. All interfaces are installed automatically, but changes depending on your starting shortcut.

So are you saying I should install them in separate folders? Or within the same Race 07 folder too? In that latter case, there would then be multiple Race07.exe files? That's what I understood from @Dennis Phelan's suggestion, install all into one/same folder.

Same folder please! Whichever one you choose to "play". your interface will be the same excpt for menu color and music. It's all one game, all Race 07 with addon's.

I do believe that after each addon is installed you must start the game for the first time using the Race 07 icon [or Steam tab] but after that you're free to use whichever you like to run whatever part of Race 07 you choose. All car and track options are available on the menu, on t he same screens from any Race 07 or addon.

Does anyone have separate installations? Never heard of it.

The installer will do it's job :thumbsup:

Got it, same folder.

What I don't get and wish to clarify, is will there be ONLY on Race07.exe, which will come from the last addon installed? Meaning succeeding installation will override whatever previous Race07.exe, correct? What UI interface then will be shown? What if I prefer UI of say, STCC? That's the part I don't understand.

Bear w/ me, pls. :) Thanks.

You can have an icon for each addon if you wish, no problem, with everything in one folder! Each one has it's own interface [menu] to te exact same interface as the others, except for music and color! Each addon adds it's own icon if you like!

You can use the STCC interface to enter any class of car and any track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%