Best way to do a GT3 race ?

bsmooth

500RPM
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
Recently I saw the sounds comparison video of GT3 cars. What are the cars, and what is the best way to do a race season or single races with them ?

bsmooth

500RPM
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
I saw some GT3 cars in AC, but not all the ones in the video. I like the sounds already in AC, I was just wondering If theres a mod or something to race them for a season.

May 1, 2019
If you have seen some other GT3 cars that are not in the retail version of AC, then they are downloaded. If your new to AC, just download content manager as its a good add-on. It also makes it easier to install cars, tracks and mods :)

May 1, 2019
Are you new to AC? If so, it’s worth looking as mods to enhance the game. Sounds are just one of many

bsmooth

500RPM
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
I've had AC for quite awhile, its just sometimes I get so micro focused on certain things I miss a lot of others.
Last night I was having a mixed class race at 1967 Lemans, and it was a blast. I tried it with the M8C McLaren against Porsche 917's, Ferrari's GT40's and slower classed.
That Mclaren is a beast of car!

Reactions: MiddleAgedMan

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Premium
Aug 2, 2015
Heres the link:
https://www.racedepartment.com/medi...nal-sounds-vs-sound-mods-assetto-corsa.34124/
I think it was more about sounds, but the GT3 cars might be fun, I've never tried them, mostly focusing on historical content.
The cars in the video are all Kunos content, and it seems to be every GT3 car they ever released. Most come with the base game, some with the different DLCs. The two Glickenhaus cars are not really GT3 homologated cars, but purpose built for the VLN Nürburgring 24h, but they're close enough to fit in well.

All of them should be more or less balanced against each other, with the older cars maybe being slightly slower overall, so I'd probably recommend grouping them by model year. I've been using Content Manager for ages, but even the stock launcher should tell you the year the car was built, and that should help you group them together.

Alternatively, ACC has the odd GT3 car as well ;)

bsmooth

500RPM
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
Thanks I haven't downloaded them all I guess. I just started using Content manager, so I'm still getting used to it. I did find its still better doing manual install and then use the Content manager to change things

May 1, 2019
Thanks I haven't downloaded them all I guess. I just started using Content manager, so I'm still getting used to it. I did find its still better doing manual install and then use the Content manager to change things
Have you tried using CM to install mods/cars/tracks? Its just a case of dragging and dropping into the app.

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Premium
Aug 2, 2015
You should look into getting all the DLCs, they are quite cheap by now.

Vic Flange

50RPM
Jan 12, 2018
You should look into getting all the DLCs, they are quite cheap by now.
When I looked at that (admittedly a while ago) it was cheaper to buy the Ultimate version of the game even though I already owned the base game than buy the individual DLCs.

CreamyCornCob

500RPM
Oct 23, 2018
"Best way to do a GT3 race"
As someone mentioned, get CM (small donation version). There are no words to describe what it does to improve AC from top to bottom. Than for an all GT3 race, make a GT3 group with the GT's you have like at the bottom right.