F1 2010 Best team to use in career

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is lotus a very good team and I sign them with 7 season.I got my first contract with another team(LRT)?

This team car always spin out everytime when doing a race.I'm on race 12 Marina Bay.

Spinning out really has to do with your ability.

1. Turn Traction control onto full.
2. Give yourself 4 rewinds
3. Take it easy on the curbs
4. Brake earlier to have more control.

Don't expect to win in a Lotus. Just go for a top 15 and try to finish the race. Points finish is a bonus.

Also, it can be a psychological thing as well. I turn off the HUD completely, so I can just focus on the track. It's helped me a lot. My number of mistakes has gone down quite a bit due to this.

Sorry, hope I didn't miss-lead you when I said the Force India car was good, that was from race experience. The part about the Time Trial mode was about learning the track without wearing out your engine. Like they always say practice makes perfect, there is no substitute for LOTS of practice!!!!

Start the career. Driving the car you have in career on the track in career is the only decent practice you will really get. Time trial has all the upgrades and full grip so not helpful for you to learn as in career it will be different.

I am not a fan of the Time Trials because of this monster grip and lack of weight feature in the game. Not saying there is anything wrong with TTs when your TTs results are compared to other TT results, I just think TTs are not the best place to be practicing for your career. I may use TTs when I am first learning the track, but once I know the layouts, I like to use the practice sessions in the non-career Grand Prix race weekends as the place to come up to speed and to compare myself to the competition. Once I can drive at racing speeds in the non-career race weekend, then I try my luck in the career weekend.

BTW ... I decided to jump into the deep end with minimal life preservers. I am using the HRT car in my career racing against Legends AI opponents driving 100% race distances with all driver's aids turn off except I did decide to use "Medium" traction control in my rookie year as in the heat of the moment racing against Legends AI opponents, it is easy to apply too much throttle and spin unnecessarily. This may prove to be a mistake at the end of my rookie season if I do not meet my team's 18th place or higher expectations. I took 17th in Bahrain, 18th in Australia and was running in 14th in Malaysia but I tangled with Barrichello and punctured my right rear and had to settle for 21st (so the team is not happy with me right now LOL). We shall see how I do in the remaining 16 races and see if I can get a contract offer from a better team (hopefully some team like Toro Rosso or Sauber). I am still learning the tracks (some of them I know Monaco, Barcelona, Montreal, Spa and Monza) and many of them I do not know. So I figure until I know the tracks and can race them relatively error free ... what is the point in winning races against easy AI opponents. I am contempt in being a backmarker racing against Legends AI for now as I learn the tracks. If I am not offered a better contract at season's end, I can just restart my career and/or run another season in the HRT and modify the AI and driver's aids if I choose to do so. But that's just me, to each their own ... haha

The first two races I managed to make in into Q3 and Q2. The actual races for me sucked since I keept screwing up. But every race after that, I cant even keep up with my teammate and I am constantly last. I have tried the set-ups that people have posted, I am going up against the easy ai, but I turn off tc, abs, and auto break. And yes I do all 3 practice sessions to the max. Just getting frustrated, but I still love this game.

Just finished my first season with Lotus ending second in the championship with 4 wins and several podium finishes.
I have traction control on full and automatic gears the other assists are all off.

But now i am in my second season and driving for Sauber-BMW in the first Quali i get pole with 2 seconds to the second place.

So my question is i'm playing on Xbox360 can i upgrade the A.I. somewhere?

Should I just restart my career with different teams or test all teams cars in time trial?

Re-starting is always an option. But if you want to test cars you might want to check them out in non-career Grand Prix races. The performance in TTs is not the same as career and non-career Grand Prix races. Comparing apples to apples is better than comparing apples to oranges.

ive been playing with lotus with no assist just and ive been getting pole almost all the time, my difficulty is on easy so i will be switching over soon, the car seems great to me its just a matter how handling the car not letting the car handle you. Once you get used to the car its a peace of cake from then on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%