Best, stable, cockpit for heavy wheels

Looking for the best, stable, cockpit for heavy wheels for a reasonable price. I wasted £260 pounds on a playseat revolution and it snapped because my thrustmaster tspc racer wheel was too heavy for it.

So was wandering does anyone know good cockpits that are stable, sturdy and suit heavy wheels. Thank you

99999865_0.JPG

Went to the website but they look so strange, what is that lol,where do I sit and I do not see any hard mounting holes for the pedals?

Upvote 0
go research 80/20 rigs/ cockpit or in Europe known as Aluminium Extrusion.
www.heusinkveld.com
www.sim-lab.eu

you will need to check with them if you need any extra mounts or accessories for your specific wheel base, pedals and/ or shifter if you have a shifter. (contacts to those shops are on their respective websites) and you can google search images and YouTube videos of these cockpit/ rigs. there is nothing mode sturdy and rigid than AluExtrusion cockpits. (most OSW/ direct drive owners use AluExtrusion cockpits.

of course there are many many other AluExtrusion cockpits/ rigs in the market, very easy to google and if you have specific questions just contact them.

Upvote 0
What do you think is a heavy wheel? OSW, Bodnar or what?
If you think fanatec is heavy this is still doable on a playseat.

Maybe you can give some more information about the wheel and pedals you're using.
But my opinion! Go with a 80/20 rig Build one your own or go for pre fabricated one

Upvote 0
What do you think is a heavy wheel? OSW, Bodnar or what?
If you think fanatec is heavy this is still doable on a playseat.

Maybe you can give some more information about the wheel and pedals you're using.
But my opinion! Go with a 80/20 rig Build one your own or go for pre fabricated one

How about read what I said, I mentioned everything

Upvote 0
If looks aint the problem,you could do something with PVC,like this:
with slight modifications.

While I am using it with a G27,many fellow racers use it with DDW.
It costed me around 200€,and it is upgradable(i plan to change to DDW (soon i hope) and a clubsports shifter.

Upvote 0
Have to agree on that, assembled mine yesterday, and it's just a massiv peace of heavy duty equipment - you can use it as bombshelter if needed I guess,

It's worth every euro, the details and perfection of this thing is just stunning, my playseat is still intact, but will be sold asap hehe
P1020395.JPG

Upvote 0
Have to agree on that, assembled mine yesterday, and it's just a massiv peace of heavy duty equipment - you can use it as bombshelter if needed I guess,

It's worth every euro, the details and perfection of this thing is just stunning, my playseat is still intact, but will be sold asap hehe
View attachment 212393
talking about stability, is your rig stable with this piece of wood sitting on casters? I guess you have some sort of stoppers on these casters but I am curious since I might have to get my Playseat Evo on casters in the future. Did you use this wood plate/casters on your Playseat as well by the way or did you make it only for teh Simetik?

thanks so much

Upvote 0
The two on the back got brakes to stop the plattform from rolling around whilst getting into it (the two on the front are under the desk, hard to access, so no brakes for them)
Had my playseat on this plattform too. Whilst using it, it's absolutely stable, no noise no rattle or bending, it gets all absorbed by the simetik. More than happy with this solution, the rig is really heavy, no easy moving around without casters.

Upvote 0
ok thanks.
last 2 questions and I leave you alone, might sound dumb but did you bolt on the Playseat on that platform? and I hear from users that the pedals plate is bit flexible on hard braking, did you mod it and got it supported by the platform when you were using the Playseat?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back