Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
2ryh9i1.png

Nominated:

• Need for Speed SHIFT (Slightly Mad Studios)
  • RACE On (SimBin)
  • Forza Motorsport 3 (Turn 10)
  • RACE Pro (SimBin)
  • Formula 1 2009 (Codemasters)
  • Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (Codemasters)
  • Supercar Challenge (System 3)
All games must be released in 2009
Poll closes on Sunday December 28th 2009

Race On

Shift and Forza are far away from racing simulation I don't know what those games are doing on racedept.

Shift I can agree with man bur Forza has all the elements of a sim for me. It adds realism and fun and also eases beginners into the game too.

Have you even played it?

Race On seems to be getting quite a few votes but I havn't tried it out yet so I cant comment on that.

Its close for me between Race Pro and Forza because I have a lot of fun on both of them but for I think Forza wins because of the sheer content in the game. So...

Forza 3 / Xbox 360

Race On, if only it had night racing it would be the danglies of a dog

Forza is great for a bit of fun with a sim edge, didnt get on with Shift too arcadey, not tried any mods on it yet though.

Race On

Shift and Forza are far away from racing simulation I don't know what those games are doing on racedept.

So we must act like a bunch of elitists and ban all non simulation games?

If so, not much games will be left to play i fear as not one game up to date is a simulation of the real thing ;)

Race Pro.

I really wanted to say Race On, but at the end of the day it's just an add-on, there's nothing new or groundbreaking in it.

Race Pro however, is the first real Sim to be released on Console imo and despite all of the bugs and glitches , it is far and away better than any other race game on that platform - Best release this year by a mile.

• maxbago

Absolutely Race On. It's not really a new game, but the bundle is very complete, very customizable and it doesn't require extreme PCs.
NfS Shift is very good, finally a good NfS after NfSU2 and Most Wanted, and it's graphically awesome (only GRID can compete), but it's buggy and not so good in my opinion.
I can't FM3 and other games because I don't own them

I will go with NFS:Shift / PC. It is a good blend of frantic racing action and semi sim driving physics and a nice alternative to Simbins offerings. Although as Dirt 2 is coming to my door on Thursday i may edit this post depending on how good it is (on PC of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%