Best Race Game of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race On got my vote.

Race Pro was pretty good, and unfortunatley I sold the Xbox to upgrade my PC so I can't judge much about Forza 3. It's content is amazing and I played it with a control pad in a shop and it didn't feel too good. I'd love to try Forza 3 with a decent wheel just to see if the physics really are any good or not.

Shift for me was the let down of the year. So much promise, but ultimately it just didn't feel right for me.

I'm not voting because I didn't try them all! But I'll share what I'm thinking about them!

NFS Shift: +
It's a good game, after trying the demo. And people say the full version feels better! I'm just not thinking about buying this one because I can't run it safely. (the demo crashed to desktop 9 out of 10 times for me)
My processor is under the requiements so I think it's not really the fault of the game but my PC is just too old.

Race On: +
Race 07, it's a great game. The 2 new cars in the demo were great, and this game has a Lada! So it can be my favourite!:)

Forza 3: + (?)
Seems to be an awesome game but I couldn't try it yet!

Race Pro: -
I couldn't try it yet but I imagine it's something similar to the PC version with less people in multi and worse grahics (yes, I think it's worse, it's just not right somehow)

F1 2009: -
I can tell from the videos that I don't like it. Maybe on my phone, while I'm travelling I would like something like that, but I usually prefer to play games like Quadrapop there!:)

Dirt 2: + (??)
Two "?"-s this time. I didn't try the demo yet but it seems good. This is for the 1st one.
The second one is because it's a rally game so I can get bored with it soon if they didn't have some great idea that they put in the game to avoid that:)

Supercar challenge: + (?)
Didn't try it yet but it seems good. The sounds are especially awesome in that game!

I see not much sense in this poll.
Too many platforms put altogether to category of RACING (which is anything from mario cart arcades to simbin products) to the audience of community which is mostly sim racing junkies and adding a product that is not in fact standalone but an addon to a 2 years old release sim that most of the community are fans of! :thunder::hypnotized:

I see not much sense in this poll.
Too many platforms put altogether to category of RACING ... :hypnotized:

He does kinda have a point there, and I thought something along these lines ... this pole will just show which game has the greatest following and who hangs around in the forums the most or can be bothered to vote at RD.

Maybe the title would be more apt if it were phrased along the lines of "which racing title do you enjoy and play the most" ... cos that is what this probably boils down to :wink2:
(EDIT: not so catchy a title I know, but what can you do, we are a pedantic lot you know :p)

As I don't have an Xbox360 or PS3, I cannot comment on several of the titles listed, but voted Race On anyways ... the physics and fun of driving the Formula Master as well as the Muscle Club cars are fantastic IMHO. :bye:

• (PC/Xbox 360/PlayStation 3) Need for Speed SHIFT by Slightly Mad Studios
Very good game, looks are perfect and it drives very well. My choice.

• (PC) RACE On by SimBin
Imo not a full game. It's just an add-on and good at it. But not BRG of 2009.

• (Xbox 360) Forza Motorsport 3 by Turn 10
Drives nicely, nice content, but why oh why does MS not support some good wheels? (except Turbo S)

• (Xbox 360) RACE Pro by SimBin
Same goes as Forza but it has better physics. Worse graphics but well. The only real sim on console.

• (Wii) Formula 1 2009 by Codemasters
Haven't tried it.

• (PC/Xbox 360/Playstation 3) Colin McRae: DiRT 2 by Codemasters
Tried the demo today and I think it\s a good game. Especially with a G27 it's doing miracles.

• (PlayStation 3) Supercar Challenge by System 3
Never tried it.

For me the game of the year is Race ON because it is the most realistic,and this is what i am playing the most(simracing games).But i am sure that all of that games are very good and nice.I think Race ON has the most votes because the majority of players have buy it and not like in Forza Motorsport3 case where not all of us have a console.

Race On is a standalone product (I bought boxed version) that comes with all of the STCC content (gotta love those camaros and great small STCC tracks:good:), Formula Master (that is worth the $27 I paid from Amazon alone :drool:), and more Muscle Cars than you can shake a stick at. I only had GTR Evo before this so I got a lot of new content for the price I paid. "No fuss" feedback is great, physics feel great to me, and AI are way better than rFactor and Shift will ever be. Remember, this is all my opinion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back