Best pedals with a $600 USD budget

Hi all. I am in the market for some new pedals. I found a lot of posts about low end (~200) and high end pedals (>$1000), but I was wondering what the best pedals would be if my budget was ~$600. I have searched the web, and can't really seem to find much if anything in at price. I am in the US, and it seems our choices are more limited here than in Europe, but it could just be I am just not looking in the right place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to add that I have not been able to find much in the US for used pedals. It may just be a sign of the times with Covid-19.

Assuming the applied laws are those of Germany and since our greek civil law system derived from the german one i can assure you -as an attorney at law- that the warranty starts the moment we have a ''risk change'', so in others words when you receive the pedals. Consider this: the product warranty starts when you place the order and the said product gets destroyed while its still in fanatecs warehouse. Would you be responsible for that? Of course not. The risk has still not ''transferred'' to you.

The above applies for us Europeans.

In the US from a quick google search i found that indeed the warranty starts at the purchase date which is unethical and a bad practise in general.

So you order a niche and backordered product and it comes 1-2 months down the road, you just suck it up and accept that you lost those 1-2 months. Its crazy to say the least.

id contact Fanatec politely asking for an extention -the 5 weeks you waited-.

Upvote 0
Assuming the applied laws are those of Germany and since our greek civil law system derived from the german one i can assure you -as an attorney at law- that the warranty starts the moment we have a ''risk change'', so in others words when you receive the pedals. Consider this: the product warranty starts when you place the order and the said product gets destroyed while its still in fanatecs warehouse. Would you be responsible for that? Of course not. The risk has still not ''transferred'' to you.

In the US from a quick google search i found that indeed the warranty starts at the purchase date which is unethical and a bad practise in general.

So you order a niche and backordered product and it comes 1-2 months down the road, you just suck it up and accept that you lost those 1-2 months. Its crazy to say the least.

Thank you for the brief brief, Nasos. I was not aware of this warranty proviso in the U.S.

Upvote 0

I have reached out to Fanatec on several occasions. Unfortunately no response :(.

I did find the below on Fanatec's website. It looks like their warranty policy is either being ignored, or they have a glitch in their system. If they would ever respond back, I could pass the information along.

United States Warranty...

https://fanatec.com/us-en/terms-conditions

ENDOR AMERICA LLC, 8200 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Beverly Hills, CA, 90211. U.S.A. guarantees that the purchased good were free of material and manufacturing flaws at the time of the transfer of the goods and that they have the guaranteed quality as described in the contract. Upon receipt, the customer must inspect the goods immediately for flaws, condition and/or quality. Any blatant flaws must be reported to us, in writing, within 10 days of their discovery the same is valid for any latent defects. Otherwise, the warranty for these defects is no longer applicable. The warranty is for 12 months after shipment.

Upvote 0

Yes, but it's a difference between legal and contractual warranty. For the contractual warranty they are free to decide about the terms. However, if their terms say contractual warranty starts with shipping, they are bound to that of course (says another attorney at law :))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about those DC3 pedals? What do you think of them?

Pretty much equal to the heusinkveld sprints for nearly 200€ off price.

I paid 50€ extra for the dc3 with the load cell option on the throttle and they even offered me the baseplate.

They have some new options that come stock if you orders the pedals now.

One tube to not allow the elastometers being to squash when braking ( like the "cups" on the mecca cup pedals) and new firmware and software with presets like the heusinkvelds.

Heel plates for 15€ as an extra etc

For the price I think this is the best option, for an all quality steel pedals with most of the features other better knowing brands offer too.

Upvote 0
Well my Fanatec Clubsport V3 lasted ~3 months. Today the throttle doesn't register until it is pressed about half way down. I have emailed them in the past without any responses for other issues, but nothing that has kept me down. I an now concerned as I think it may be a defect with the hall sensor. I posted on the Fanatec forums, but before I did so I looked through the posts to see if anyone else had seen the issue. There were many posts stating that support responses are going unanswered. I am regretting my purchase, and wish I would have spent the extra for higher end pedals with a company that has support.

Speaking of which. If I can't get a response from Fanatec is there a set of pedals that anyone could recommend where the support is impeccable (BTW..In the US)? Due to issues I have had in the past with Fanatec (but hopefully not this time) my wife has actually stated she would be okay with me getting a high end set of pedals if I they stand behind their product. Don't need the best pedals as long as they are good, and I can get support.

Upvote 0
Well my Fanatec Clubsport V3 lasted ~3 months. Today the throttle doesn't register until it is pressed about half way down. I have emailed them in the past without any responses for other issues, but nothing that has kept me down. I an now concerned as I think it may be a defect with the hall sensor. I posted on the Fanatec forums, but before I did so I looked through the posts to see if anyone else had seen the issue. There were many posts stating that support responses are going unanswered. I am regretting my purchase, and wish I would have spent the extra for higher end pedals with a company that has support.

Speaking of which. If I can't get a response from Fanatec is there a set of pedals that anyone could recommend where the support is impeccable (BTW..In the US)? Due to issues I have had in the past with Fanatec (but hopefully not this time) my wife has actually stated she would be okay with me getting a high end set of pedals if I they stand behind their product. Don't need the best pedals as long as they are good, and I can get support.
This JUST happened to my v3! I bought them in April, dead throttle sensor in Septmeber. They sent me a new one by mail, instead of sending the whole unit back to them. This took a month!
In the mean time, I pulled the trigger and bought HE Sprint Pedals. They are amazing! And communication with HE has been great! I would recommend HE Sprint Pedals without hesitation.

Upvote 0
This is absolutely true!

I had the same experience with the V3, but on the brake. It was a week before the league was due to start and I was really looking forward to it so as above took the hit and bought the HE Sprints. I'm more than happy with them.

It took between 3 and 4 weeks, but I also get a new sensor sent out to me by Fanatec. Fitting it was a piece of cake (especially if you've fitted the performance brake kit previously) and they're as good as new again. I'm keeping them for a few months as a backup set while I make sure that the HE's are as reliable as I expect them to be.

Upvote 0
This JUST happened to my v3! I bought them in April, dead throttle sensor in Septmeber. They sent me a new one by mail, instead of sending the whole unit back to them. This took a month!
In the mean time, I pulled the trigger and bought HE Sprint Pedals. They are amazing! And communication with HE has been great! I would recommend HE Sprint Pedals without hesitation.
I contacted HE and they responded in less than a day, and with a great response to my questions. Still waiting on Fanatec to email me back. However, I was able to fix the issue. The tolerances are very small on the hall sensors. Long story on how I figured things out. Hoping the fix isn't temporary. I am thinking about buying the HE sprints and selling my v3. Wash my hands of Fanatec for good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is what I am doing. Last bit of kit to rid myself of is the Universal Hub (which too, has been RMA'd after a few months). I ordered a button plate from Turn racing. Once that comes in, I will be Fanatec free.
Have you had issues getting Fanatec to respond to you? How long did it take? I will say the other owners on their forums are very good and have some great input. FYI...I have contacted them 4-5 times now (Billing question, warranty question, and support), and only received one response that told me I sent the question to the wrong group.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I am reading this with more than a little alarm. I was going to get one of the DD1 bases, but am seriously reconsidering. While their stuff is good, I am not particularly happy that you get stuck with their so-called ecosystem, but you would accept that if you knew that their support and customer focus was great. With this apprent disregard of the very people that pay their salaries, they have poured cold water on that.

Unless I can see that they pay attention to customers, despite already having some of their stuff, my money will go elsewhere. And for me, the warranty starts with receipt of goods, not exchange of cash, which looks seriously like it won't happen now

Les

Upvote 0
So I am reading this with more than a little alarm. I was going to get one of the DD1 bases, but am seriously reconsidering. While their stuff is good, I am not particularly happy that you get stuck with their so-called ecosystem, but you would accept that if you knew that their support and customer focus was great. With this apprent disregard of the very people that pay their salaries, they have poured cold water on that.

Unless I can see that they pay attention to customers, despite already having some of their stuff, my money will go elsewhere. And for me, the warranty starts with receipt of goods, not exchange of cash, which looks seriously like it won't happen now

Les

I remember Nicki Thiim complaining about Fanatec support. If they don't pay attention to well known drivers that have their own YT channel, you can bet their CS is poor. At least they treat all customers equally ;)

Upvote 0

Les
I ended up going with a different direct drive wheel in part because of this myself. Although I like my pedals, the lack of response was always worrisome, and since a DD wheel is a huge expense I didn't want to risk it.

Upvote 0
Hi all. I am in the market for some new pedals. I found a lot of posts about low end (~200) and high end pedals (>$1000), but I was wondering what the best pedals would be if my budget was ~$600. I have searched the web, and can't really seem to find much if anything in at price. I am in the US, and it seems our choices are more limited here than in Europe, but it could just be I am just not looking in the right place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to add that I have not been able to find much in the US for used pedals. It may just be a sign of the times with Covid-19.

VRS is coming out with pedals in a few months... I upgraded to the TrueBrake in the mean time and it's fine. But a price competitive set of pedals rivaling Heusinkveld is what I will eventually get.. VRS all day.

Upvote 0
VRS is coming out with pedals in a few months... I upgraded to the TrueBrake in the mean time and it's fine. But a price competitive set of pedals rivaling Heusinkveld is what I will eventually get.. VRS all day.
How has there support been so far? That is a must after my dealings with Fanatec. I don't want another possible expensive paperweight.

Edit: Went to order the Heusinkveld, but all in Euros. No issue accept Euro to Dollar conversion is bouncing up and down like a yoyo right now. They would cost me ~$50 more this afternoon then if I would have ordered this morning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%