• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

Best pedals with a $600 USD budget

ajclarke

1RPM
Jan 6, 2012
This has also been what I've noticed. My warranty period began when order was confirmed, not when I recieved them 5 weeks later.

Reactions: TShrimp
Jul 15, 2008
Assuming the applied laws are those of Germany and since our greek civil law system derived from the german one i can assure you -as an attorney at law- that the warranty starts the moment we have a ''risk change'', so in others words when you receive the pedals. Consider this: the product warranty starts when you place the order and the said product gets destroyed while its still in fanatecs warehouse. Would you be responsible for that? Of course not. The risk has still not ''transferred'' to you.

The above applies for us Europeans.

In the US from a quick google search i found that indeed the warranty starts at the purchase date which is unethical and a bad practise in general.

So you order a niche and backordered product and it comes 1-2 months down the road, you just suck it up and accept that you lost those 1-2 months. Its crazy to say the least.

id contact Fanatec politely asking for an extention -the 5 weeks you waited-.

Ruttman98

250RPM
Premium
May 8, 2019
Assuming the applied laws are those of Germany and since our greek civil law system derived from the german one i can assure you -as an attorney at law- that the warranty starts the moment we have a ''risk change'', so in others words when you receive the pedals. Consider this: the product warranty starts when you place the order and the said product gets destroyed while its still in fanatecs warehouse. Would you be responsible for that? Of course not. The risk has still not ''transferred'' to you.

In the US from a quick google search i found that indeed the warranty starts at the purchase date which is unethical and a bad practise in general.

So you order a niche and backordered product and it comes 1-2 months down the road, you just suck it up and accept that you lost those 1-2 months. Its crazy to say the least.

Thank you for the brief brief, Nasos. I was not aware of this warranty proviso in the U.S.

TShrimp

100RPM
May 7, 2020

I have reached out to Fanatec on several occasions. Unfortunately no response :(.

I did find the below on Fanatec's website. It looks like their warranty policy is either being ignored, or they have a glitch in their system. If they would ever respond back, I could pass the information along.

United States Warranty...

https://fanatec.com/us-en/terms-conditions

ENDOR AMERICA LLC, 8200 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Beverly Hills, CA, 90211. U.S.A. guarantees that the purchased good were free of material and manufacturing flaws at the time of the transfer of the goods and that they have the guaranteed quality as described in the contract. Upon receipt, the customer must inspect the goods immediately for flaws, condition and/or quality. Any blatant flaws must be reported to us, in writing, within 10 days of their discovery the same is valid for any latent defects. Otherwise, the warranty for these defects is no longer applicable. The warranty is for 12 months after shipment.

pjdmc4473

1RPM
Premium
Jun 22, 2020
I choose the DC3 (3 pedals) 459€ + 60€ for the new option for the throttle pedal that replace the hall sensor with a load cell (the clutch still have the hall sensor) + 60€ for the base plate + 25€ shipping to Portugal.
How about those DC3 pedals? What do you think of them?

Reactions: TShrimp

DirkW

25RPM
Jun 17, 2020

Yes, but it's a difference between legal and contractual warranty. For the contractual warranty they are free to decide about the terms. However, if their terms say contractual warranty starts with shipping, they are bound to that of course (says another attorney at law :))

Last edited:

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 69 30.8%
  • Instagram

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Facebook

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 53 23.7%