Best paid MODS ?

It is free.
IMO, I wouldn't rate it as one of the best (but i'm happy others do like it).

Best free car mods are on RD, mostly: Link: Here filtered for highest rating.

I'd rate the IER Porsche 911 GT America - IER Simulations - USCC Mod as possibly the best car in AC.
The Nissan Primera is excellent and anything there by VRC, Lola's great too, 911 Singer - ooh lovely!

Enjoy!
Wow what a drive that Porsche is, I am in sim nirvana at the moment :) Can feel the back end getting loose , very cool

Agree with others here about mods they mention". I really enjoy the VRC mods group with the Formula NA 2018 and Formula NA 1999 cars. There are skins for them I think on Race Dept to do Indycar which I have also. RSS mods I have gotten the Formula Americas 2020 and is a awesome car mod and has both oval and RC cars. Note: as you can see I am into doing Indycar type racing.

Tracks I have are also gotten from Sergio Loro and make allot of Retro tracks for GPL type cars. He puts allot of work into them and are fun to drive. I helped a little in testing a few of them.

Not to take away from all the great free car and track mods you can get from here on Race Dept. take care

Personally, my fav is the DRM Revival mod. Astonishing fun for €15. You can get it cheaper via an RD special offer, but not sure if that’s still available.
Agree with others here about mods they mention". I really enjoy the VRC mods group with the Formula NA 2018 and Formula NA 1999 cars. There are skins for them I think on Race Dept to do Indycar which I have also. RSS mods I have gotten the Formula Americas 2020 and is a awesome car mod and has both oval and RC cars. Note: as you can see I am into doing Indycar type racing.

Tracks I have are also gotten from Sergio Loro and make allot of Retro tracks for GPL type cars. He puts allot of work into them and are fun to drive. I helped a little in testing a few of them.

Not to take away from all the great free car and track mods you can get from here on Race Dept. take care

Well thanks to you two I renewed my RD membership to take advantage of the two current discounts https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/15-off-rss-formula-hybrid-2018.148873/

Great value and both great MODS. Not had a lot of time but really liked formula NA 1999 with my H shifter. (Easy on the throttle with that one :) )
Unfortunately the drm discount looks finished.

Many thanks
Greame

I was going to start a new thread but hopefully I can get my answer here. I'm reinstalling ac and I already have quite a few of the paid mods but if these have been updated, do I get the latest updates for free and how do I get them updated. Last time I played ac properly was about a year ago I think maybe less. Thanks

Thanks all, that will keep me busy. So got to ask if you had to pick a free mod what would it be.
I found the primera the other day and just wow.
On a side note who decided 75% was a good idea in control panel. Nearly two years assetto corsa time wasted. Put it up to 100% after using my wheel with assetto on console and just loving it. Unbelievable difference with my t300 GTE.
If you like open wheeler, the Van Diemen Formula Ford and the Mygale (IMO) are brilliant and so much fun to drive. They also give a good AI battle, I probably drive with these more than anything else.

Last edited:
I was going to start a new thread but hopefully I can get my answer here. I'm reinstalling ac and I already have quite a few of the paid mods but if these have been updated, do I get the latest updates for free and how do I get them updated. Last time I played ac properly was about a year ago I think maybe less. Thanks
In the order conformation mail when you bought the car
I only know for RSS cars you can download them again in the order info
I "guess" it will be the latest updated version

I better make this clear before you spend all your money on mods.

About the legality of paid mods:
Always check if the authors are providing trademarked / copyrighted / patented / authorized-by-the-original-owners content, and if it is not clear from the beginning, never pay for non-licenced mods, as they're just a fraud.
Without a licence or a written permission from the original owners (in this case the car designers/manufacturers, or the 3d artists if models are ripped or converted), the authors are not legally allowed to sell anything and DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT on the assets.
Keep in mind that the vast majority of mods for Assetto Corsa are not licenced. Free mods exist because of that. Getting a non-authorized mod for free on smoking websites or "other sources" isn't technically wrong.
Short version: paid mods are illegal if not properly licenced.

About the price:

Mods should not be more expensive than the base game, which price is most of the times very low nowadays (often around 10 bucks). A mod is just a small fraction of the entire software, always keep that in mind.
If mods are overpriced, never buy them, and be aware that there are no regulations on the current market and every creator sets his own fair or unfair prices. Do your calculations then.

About the authors:
People can tell you they worked on their cars or tracks a lot but it doesn't mean anything. That one is just the moral value, not the real value. You have to look at the final summary instead, which is the aforementioned conditions. Do not trust ethanol-flavored websites or Patreon pages.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 173 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 233 13.6%