Best mods in class? Opinions please

Having a bit of an rfactor resurgence lately and really enjoying it. Just looking for some tips on which mods I shouldn't overlook. I like the idea of hunting out the "best in class mods" if possible, not just mods people like, so these are the ones I have now:

GT1/2: Enduracers
F1: FSone 09 (must be some other open wheeler classes (cart factor maybe, etc?) that are "must haves"?)
V8: Really like FVRfactor, but will be trying V8FU today (installing it now, what's you opinion on both? Notice RD use V8FU for league races, etc?)

Curious about others i should try. Looking for what is considered the best stock car mod. Grabbed Stockcar Sim Series 2012 today, too, but keep seeing others around and don't want to install all of them (saw VHR and a few others). What is the best there?

And then any other mods I shouldn't miss? I'd rather people not throw out mentions to just good mods (like BMW E90, Meganes, etc, I have tried lots of them), really looking for the best in class today :)

P.s. also have World touring masters, which I like a lot.

I raced Serie Internationale Du Mans for years before I got Enduracers and I still think it has better feel. I mean I race Enduracers now, but that has a big part to do with the Oreca FLM09 LMPC and the Pug Hybrid. Certain cars here and there feel better/worse but no one had mentioned SIDM yet so there's my input.

Also, I just got the DRM Revival and WOW!! The Merc C9 is the most insane car, so much fun.
WCORR was super fun too.

Zonda is awesome. Go for the Nordschleife lap record...
Same with Radical SR3.

Those are my day to day. Mostly Enduracers Endurance Series, but trying to expand a little here and there lately.:)

Well I've never driven an actual racecar and I doubt you've driven a GT2 let alone a P2 car aswell. A fun mod is a fun mod. If someone was that interested in precise simulations than I would expect someone to be out at every track day rather than playing games at home.
Opinions are opinions but this website seems like its people keep forgetting to each their own and personal opinions are not factual. You may have quick laptimes but again, it's just a game.
And I did mention that I thought the physical feel of the cars through the FFB was better, especially the GT2 cars. The Enduracers felt less heavy, but like I said originally, it may have simply been my FFB settings in the first place.

No one is going to care whether you think your faster/better/smarter about racing if you don't take peoples opinions as opinions. Saying they are "appalling"-ly wrong makes you look like an a-hole. Learn to word things better...

I like Enduracers and I wish there were more teams around of this quality, but something does feel off in it, same with the ORSM V8 mod. Just a lack of... i really can't say it's grip exactly. but lack of feeling at low speeds, maybe grip. Probably rfactor is the culprit more than the mod. If i had to name a great feeling car, it would be the V8 in Game Stock Car. That's how I would assume a car like this would feel in my mind.

But hey, what do i know, just going by my gut feeling!

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about opinions on what was thought to be decent mods for each class. My bad...
The reference was to you not knowing what a P2/GT2 car would feel like in any actuality and how referring to someones opinion as being wrong is a stupid thing to suggest. Read the post, maybe the part that said the feel was better between certain cars.
Acting like a little punk kid thinking his opinion is more heavily weighed than someone else's does makes you look stupid. If you want to pull out physical data suggesting the grip levels are inaccurate than I'm all for it. If you want to suggest that your opinion is more important than someone else's, keep it to yourself.

Not that i am involved in the argument here, but when someone jumps in and calls them kids for getting a little heated over something, i find it just bad. Just saying... :geek:

Just say "now now guys", no need to belittle them.

Real pet peeve of mine...

Not that i am involved in the argument here, but when someone jumps in and calls them kids for getting a little heated over something, i find it just bad. Just saying... :geek:

Just say "now now guys", no need to belittle them.

Real pet peeve of mine...

LOL. I would have replied to your post, but then I would be committing a pet peeve of mine, so I'll leave it at that.

Just saying...:rolleyes:

If something is annoying about the simracing community is the "If you've never driven the car in real life, you are not entitled to judge it"

So tell me, do you really think guys like Niels ever driven a Brazilian Stock Cars ? Yet, they know how it should feel, both in "feel" itself and in "numbers".

Enduracers is the best endurance racing mod out there hands down, but it isn't the best mod as it has it's gremlins...

Serie International Du Mans though is downright arcade-feeling for anyone who has a basic idea of how a car should feel. I saw there was an update lately (less than a year ago) saying they fixed the glueing level of the cars on the road, but I doubt it's enough to make it proper, and it isn't just because of grip level... Add to that the fact it is nearly a pay mod, only available in a limited version for the public thanks to the egos of its makers...

It can be fun, sure, but as we are talking about a simracing game I don't think it's what most are after, in theory we should go after realism ;)

If something is annoying about the simracing community is the "If you've never driven the car in real life, you are not entitled to judge it"

So tell me, do you really think guys like Niels ever driven a Brazilian Stock Cars ? Yet, they know how it should feel, both in "feel" itself and in "numbers".

Enduracers is the best endurance racing mod out there hands down, but it isn't the best mod as it has it's gremlins...

Serie International Du Mans though is downright arcade-feeling for anyone who has a basic idea of how a car should feel. I saw there was an update lately (less than a year ago) saying they fixed the glueing level of the cars on the road, but I doubt it's enough to make it proper, and it isn't just because of grip level... Add to that the fact it is nearly a pay mod, only available in a limited version for the public thanks to the egos of its makers...

It can be fun, sure, but as we are talking about a simracing game I don't think it's what most are after, in theory we should go after realism ;)

Well said. Most of us, like me, just go on what we think feels good.

Many people say that the GP2 2011 mod isn't realistic. Do I care? No. It's fun, fast, challenging and beautiful :) If it's realistic or not is not up to me, or most of us in fact.

It imitates the real thing well enough that I am happy with it.

GSC V8's feel and behave just how I'd imagine them too. And i don't mean just in my la la dreams of magic dreamland. By this i mean, what i know of racing so far and what you see on TV both outside and in the cockpits, this game is really close. FVR V8 mod is also one that ticks all boxes.

Mods that don't but are still so very very good, is Enduracers and ORSM V8FU, which are both great and so much effort has clearly gone into them, but they are too hard to drive. This might be a great and hard challenge for the best sim racers out there, but i'm not one of them!

I don't mind hard drives, but when what i think it should be doing and what it actually does are not gelling together, it becomes difficult to overcome and put the effort in. I guess we are all like this on some level.

Another example is FSone mod, which feels so damn good. But tried the F1 mod that the Presto guys are using in Race07 (maks corp one ) the other day and found that so very weird feeling.Different year of F1 though.

It's hard to know if my thoughts are in the right direction or not because we are all different. But at my stage so far, very accurate sim car or not, I just try to play what i enjoy and what gels while trying my best to stay with the highly regarded mods unless they really feel overly hard for no reason.

Your not getting the point.
I'm not at all saying Serie is better than Enduracers, I'm saying to blatantly tell someone there opinion is stupid is quite childish. Although without factual data coming from a physical race-car, than being put into the game than it's never going to be right. So why argue?!
If me telling someone to not overlook Serie Internationale Du Mans is wrong than I guess I'm a huge idiot and have no purpose here.

James Woods - I'm not attacking you at all but I find belittling someones opinion far worse than calling someone "kid" for their childish actions. That's the whole point of my part in this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%