Best low budget novice wheel??

• Thread starter Deleted member 165163
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 165163

• Deleted member 165163

Hi there.

This will be the first wheel I have ever used, I have always used an Xbox controller but I now want to try out a wheel. I have done some searches on here and online but haven't really found anything up to date.

So what i'm looking for is a good low budget wheel.

Any advice you can offer is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

• Deleted member 165163

Hey guys.

Im using for PC, Will be running Game stock car and eventually Assetto Corsa.

Budget wise I want to spend as little as possible to get a half decent wheel. I'm one of those that will pay a little extra to get the right thing, but don't have particularly deep pockets.

And yeah i'm from England.

Upvote 0
You can't get a decent wheel for a low prize. If you really want the cheapest of the cheapest you will probably end up with a plastic wheel and pedals and like with a controller don't really feel any immersion when racing.

Go for mid range to at least have a proper wheel. If you are passionate about racing games you won't regret the purchase for sure.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 165163

Ok with that in mind do you have any recommendations?

Upvote 0
A new Logitech DFGT would be a good starter, or you want something a little better maybe a used Logitech G25/G27. Like Bram says you will to spend a least 100 plus for a wheel or it's just a controller

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 165163

ok cool i will check those ones out.

But you reckon i could pick something half decent up for around £100?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 165163

cool thanks for your help guys.

Looks like I am gonna pick up a G27 next week.

Thanks again guys

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 165163

How much would i be looking to pay? I Have an almost brand new HTC One I would be willing to swap if I can throw that in to the mix. probably worth about £300. if not no worries.

Upvote 0
I don't need a phone thanks. Lol. Worth much more than I want too. Think the wheel alone is over 200 brand new and consistently go for over that used on ebay. Cash on collection you can have it and the wheel stand pro for 180.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 165163

I thought not. I will have to sell the phone anyway so thought i might aswell put it out there. Does that include pedals?

Upvote 0
Yes mate, this is why the g27 is such a popular choice, it has wheel inc paddles, pedals comprising of acc, brake and clutch and a 6 speed shifter. And it all bolts onto the wheel stand pro. i initially started racing sat on the sofa, works like a dream.

Upvote 0
I have used the DFGT for more then 5 years and I have tested both the Logitech 25 & 27 wheel and I can't say it's that much better then the DFGT, BUT... the pedals that comes with the 25 & 27 are WAY better then the DFGT pedals. For me it's not any problem since I use a DIY set of pedals and have a better use with the DFGT wheel since it have more buttons on the wheel itself. (More like the Fanatec CSR) You can't go wrong with any of the wheels, you have to look more on the pedals then the wheel if you buy it as a "kit" or a standalone wheel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back