Best hardware (money not a factor)

Can you be more specific? Ive been out of the sim hardware world for a while.

What about the Frex type G wheel? Do u need to buy a G25/7 and take the board from it and put it in the Frex to make it work? Thats not practical is it?
and what about the CST pedals? are they the best?

Upvote 0
I always thought the ECCS wheels were up there? I prefer a G25 to a G27 too!

I heard the quality is really good. But I think the ECCI wheels has a spring and damper on the wheel to simulate the ffb IIRC, i.e. the force does not come from the simulation, but from a fixed spring and damper. Therefore it does not follow the tire behavior and does not change with bumps, load, downforce etc.

Upvote 0
From what I had heard in the past, the ECCI wheels didn't have any force feedback but were the most accurate wheel on the market bar none. As for the pedals, everyone seems to like the CST pedal set.

Upvote 0
ECCI has a FF wheel for about $2500.00 US and if not mistaken is between 700 and 800 degrees of rotation. You can always email ecci and get more specifics, believe Dave would be the one to ask for.

Pedals, i would go for the CST's have had my DIY ones for around 4 years with no problems, and the ones Todd builds are simply fantastic from what have heard ppl say who have them.

And thank you for the plug on my web site. if you dont see a particular style or configuration your looking for, can always email me :)

Good luck in your search!

Upvote 0
Thanx for the reply guyz. Alot of people are saying a G27 with mods is the best. But what are the mods u guyz r talking about? Changing the wheel and adding buttons?
-Also, which is the best 6speed shifter and which is the best sequential shifter?
-What do you guys think of the thrustmaster t500rs?

Upvote 0
Geez! how many wheel manufacturers are there? This is what i can only find in Vancouver, G25/27, DFGT,the odd imported Fanatec, probably the cheaper model, thrustmaster T500 GT and four different Thrustmaster models. Thats about it. As for wheel modifications almost nil. I myself own a G27 and DFPRO. I run a two computer setup at home so i can do LAN connections and play head to head when friends come over.I'am new to sim racing(started last Nov)and am very overwhelmed buy how intense gear can be. I can say honestly it is going to be hard to go back to console racing. Sorry my good friends Forza and GT5 this may be the end:frown:. I somewhat kept things in budget(no choice) So G27 $400, New tower$1000 came with 23.5inch monitor, I bought a 22inch monitor from pawnshop $85, laptop $560. game for laptop and game for new tower $60 for both games with bundles, this way two people can play online at my place as well. Thats how much I got into this and I feel i came out ok budget wise. I really would like to have a modded wheel( can i make my G27 look like a V8 Supercar wheel?? and how much would i cost? one can dream right!:D Thanks for reading. PS for my gf for occationally looks over my should when im on this site Thank you for putting $300 towards tower and support love u hon :redface::D

Upvote 0
I'd go for the TM T500, and add a set of CSPedals and tuning kit if the original pedals were deemed inadequate{but they're very good by all accounts}.......don't forget Gregor Hutto was dominant with a $100 DFGT wheel and G25 pedal set, so it seems absurd to spend over 3k on some crazy set up that's likely to have poor games support and dodgy plug and play.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years