best H-pattern/sequential content in sim racing?

Hello, hope you are having a good day. just ordered a fanatec shifter and I'm looking for the best content in sim racing games to enjoy my new purchase... what are the cars that you most enjoyed driving with the H-pattern or sequential mode? thanks.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 4!!! Sure, not a "sim" per se, but this is the gift that keeps on giving. So many fun to drive cars, and older vintages so the H-box is perfect there. But also, the drift and rally cars could take advantage of the sequential.

Find PCars2 Deluxe or Ultimate on sale (~$14) so you get the Spirit of Le Mans, Ferrari and Porsche essentials pack. Great package. Too bad they don't have a custom championship mode, but you can always use the Vintage Career available in the downloads section here. (Full disclosure, I wrote that...)

Forza Horizon 4!!! Sure, not a "sim" per se, but this is the gift that keeps on giving. So many fun to drive cars, and older vintages so the H-box is perfect there. But also, the drift and rally cars could take advantage of the sequential.

Find PCars2 Deluxe or Ultimate on sale (~$14) so you get the Spirit of Le Mans, Ferrari and Porsche essentials pack. Great package. Too bad they don't have a custom championship mode, but you can always use the Vintage Career available in the downloads section here. (Full disclosure, I wrote that...)

yeah, pc2 seems perfect for vintage race cars! good shout! fh4 too for some mindless fun.

When I think of 'sequential', what comes immediately to my Mind are the old Fia GT Cars of the early 2000s.
Take a look at this:

So, get Assetto Corsa and the Incredible RSS GT Pack and never look back!

I still play GTR2 (the HQ edition) and I loved using my CSR's sequential stick. Its not as easy to convert a TH8A so I leave it in H all the time. GTR2 might be worth a pick if you can get the Simbin pack for cheap. Check Fanatical or Greenmangaming.

Props to Logitech and the G25 shifter. Slickest piece of hardware almost ever.

I still play GTR2 (the HQ edition) and I loved using my CSR's sequential stick. Its not as easy to convert a TH8A so I leave it in H all the time. GTR2 might be worth a pick if you can get the Simbin pack for cheap. Check Fanatical or Greenmangaming.

Props to Logitech and the G25 shifter. Slickest piece of hardware almost ever.

literally just got GTR 2 a week ago, I only put a couple of hours in the game and noticed a lot of the cars were sequential so I decided to wait for my shifter to arrive. I definitely should revisit!

Last edited:
Yes, of course GTR2 features these Cars, I think it's biggest Plus is that with Todays Hardware, you can run Huge Fields of 50+ Cars, it offers true Multiclass, 24hRaces, Dynamic Weather and all...
I just thought it would be a bit weird to suggest such an old piece of software.:D
But nice to see I'm not the only one who still enjoys some GTR2 from Time to Time-

And BTW, regarding Historic Content- if you have GTR2 already, try the free Power and Glory Mod!
IMHO, the Greatest Mod ever developed for any Sim!

literally just got GTR 2 a week ago, I only put a couple of hours in the game and noticed a lot of the cars were sequential so I decided to wait for my shifter to arrive. I definitely should revisit!

Get and install the 10th anniversary and HQ mods. It makes a big difference. I have two installs and went from the one that was not HQ to the newer HQ and it was so much better. OK, its not Project Cars quality, but the driving is superb. The cars don't have evil handling traits. They're "pushable", it comes down to you and your feel, not so much figuring out the tricks in the physics model.

try the free Power and Glory Mod!
IMHO, the Greatest Mod ever developed for any Sim!

You know, I've never tried it. I did spend a lot of time with GT Legends and I think I was scarred by the Starforce DRM. Boy what a nightmare that was. Say what you want about Steam, Origin, and the like, but it beats the heck out of the old forms of DRM...

That's right, yes. For the latest versions of PnG you don't need GTL, just GTR2 (A dedicated Installation is recommended).
But I'm not shure if all the Download sources still work...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%