Best F1 car in sim racing??

Hi,
I tried the F1 ISI Marussia when I first got the game/sim and really disliked it, the force feedback felt really weak and the car just didn't seem to handle how I expected/wanted it.
Fast forward a few months and I've gotten really accustomed to the game, I tried the car again, added the max amount of caster, tweak the FFB settings and I LOVE IT!
The car has been transformed, I'd go as far as to say it's my favourite modern F1 car in sim racing, just had a race around Suzuka and I loved it.
What are your thoughts on the car? Can anyone name a better modern F1 car in sims?

I'm not a big F1 fan, so don't put a lot of store in what I say regarding the few F1 cars I try...

For me, I didn't cotton to the Marussia and, compared to the FISI, it drove like a truck. In fact, I can drive the Boxmaster better than I can drive the Marussia. It wasn't a matter of the FFB and/or caster; more like the setup just sucks and I couldn't find an easy solution. Since I'm not an F1 fan, I pretty soon quit trying.

• Deleted member 130869

Not a fan of that car and the lack of attention given to it by ISI, being extremely outdated. Funnily enough the textures and reflections are still some of the best looking. The F-ISI feels like it has TC and ABS compared to the Marussia, so it's comparatively an easy car to drive. But as Emery mentioned, the setup really isn't favorable and the lack of documentation from/in the game doesn't help it. On top of that, it's from a time when things were still a bit of a mess so setting tire pressures and camber to realistic values and going off tire temperature doesn't work.

In the end it's an offline, hotlapping car if even that much. The F-ISI gets no love or care by the community, even the DW12 is old news. The Marussia never had a chance of success.

I do believe, so far Marussia is the best modern F1 car, despite it's tyre temperature/pressure issues. It's behavior is predictable. It is very sensitive to changes in setup with logic reaction to any single modification. The only drawback is the tyres: one need to set camber, pressure, toe and caster by subjective feeling rather than objective telemetry data.
I believe it is not that popular because it requires significant effort to learn how to set it up and pilot. The majority of people prefer cars that are easy to drive of the box. And don't forget it was one of the slowest cars in the peloton, so it should be a big challenge to be fast and stable driving this car.
Still I saw several leagues using this car for their championships in the past.
If you like one, you may also enjoy Brabham BT20 and Eve Spark F1 on historic tracks with H-shifter.

I do believe, so far Marussia is the best modern F1 car, despite it's tyre temperature/pressure issues. It's behavior is predictable. It is very sensitive to changes in setup with logic reaction to any single modification. The only drawback is the tyres: one need to set camber, pressure, toe and caster by subjective feeling rather than objective telemetry data.
I believe it is not that popular because it requires significant effort to learn how to set it up and pilot. The majority of people prefer cars that are easy to drive of the box. And don't forget it was one of the slowest cars in the peloton, so it should be a big challenge to be fast and stable driving this car.
Still I saw several leagues using this car for their championships in the past.
If you like one, you may also enjoy Brabham BT20 and Eve Spark F1 on historic tracks with H-shifter.

I'm glad someone else rates this car so highly, I have yet to experiment with setups though, i wouldn't know where to start, do you have a good set up for it?

The only issue I have with it is the AI speed, with all the other cars i use between 105% - 110% AI with stock setups, but with the Marrussia (granted I have only tried Interlagos) I have to lower the AI to less than 95% to even keep up

• Deleted member 130869

Stick with the Marussia for 20 minutes and it will make sense to you, and you'll be able to drive it anywhere. The speed will come after you're consistent and can lap avoiding lockups and flatspots, which were overdone for the Formula cars. The easiest thing to do is simply shift up a gear when exiting corners until you're confident of feathering the throttle to have a decent exit from slow bends. It still is one of the cars that should showcase the game but doesn't.

Marussia MR01 2012 is probably the truest F1 simcar avaiable.
If you ever thought you could drive an real F1 car tame this and you may be able to. Marussia MR01 takes some serious set work for for each track. I'm not a big F1 fan but I love MR01.
I have server online(-Fun2Race.net-1-) running Marussia MR01 2012 at Sochi. Look in to it ;)

Agree with Ari and Anatoliy, out of the box its drivable but let down by tire issues, Its a car that takes a lot of time to feel for effective setup changes. I recently lost all my older sets and started from a fresh palette and having a few more years of feel from rf2 setup effects, found well over a second on previous time if not more on some circuits(may have been game evolution as well) . Only hope it gets some attention again as it truly in my eyes is how I would expect a true modern F1 car would drive (especially one that wasn't that good in its time IRL ) Brake lockups are a bug bear for me and found minimal brake pressure and brake sensitivity lowered in controller settings was needed to alleviate for me .

Last edited:
I’ll just list my favourite f1 cars in sims. You’ll notice that I prefer cars from former areas and not so much the current spaceships. ;)

• Formula Classic / Automobilista
• Lotus 72 / Assetto Corsa
• Lotus 98 / Assetto Corsa
• Lotus 79 / Iracing

When it comes to modern cars i really like the F1 2017 mod for Assetto Corsa by Race Sim Studio. It’s just mindblowing at which speeds you can take corners.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back