Best Bathurst Track

Hi Guys.
Just downloaded Assetto Corsa v 1.16.
I'm new to RD.
I'm also from Australia (no flames please :sneaky: ) and would really like to add Bathurst to the tracks.
I notice there are quite a few Bathurst tracks available in the AC downloads section.
Can anyone suggest (from experience) which one has the best graphics and physics?
Cheers

Download the night mods (loads available here) and then choose the Bathurst Night track and make sure the time of day is matched to the weather you have chosen, that's it.

I am using the V8 Supercars mod too. It is SOOOOPERB

I sent a message to the Reboot guys to rip the Isle of Man track from TT Isle of Man game. It's only a matter of time before it is in AC. Man, that is going to be amazing.

Thanks Tbear.:)
There is an area at Bathurst called "The Hill" where all the extreme rev-heads camp for the whole weekend. On Saturday might, after a day of drinking, all hell breaks loose, and only the brave (or very stupid) people would venture up there.
BTW, you forgot to mention the great wine (yes, I'm showing my age).

We used to have a place like that at Watkins Glen called The Bog. It was GREAT ... until somebody (the Bog Monsters) stole a tour bus (with all of the tours luggage!!!) and set it on fire in The Bog ... so the ptb filled it in and and ended all the "boggery".

It's two guys which their original intention was to take abandoned AC track mods and fix them up. What it has now become is just a straight up track ripping site stealing tracks from various sources with varying levels of quality.

I assume there is law about this stuff.

If what you are saying is true, couldn't/shouldn't the alleged rip artists be prosecuted or somehow stopped. Why haven't the owners of the tracks followed up? I'm guessing that RD and SRS won't touch any of this stuff.

I have the "laser scanned" version. Its pretty good overall, however I question the "laser scanned" tag, as there is a massive crest which is completly out of the place near Sulman Park corner (before the Skyline section). Not sure whether this is a side effect of being converted or not, however this crest is pure fantasy.

I have the "laser scanned" version. Its pretty good overall, however I question the "laser scanned" tag, as there is a massive crest which is completly out of the place near Sulman Park corner (before the Skyline section). Not sure whether this is a side effect of being converted or not, however this crest is pure fantasy.

Game DEVs are using that term very loosely nowadays.

Some games we know the technology was actually used, as they show the scanners and point clouds from those scanners, ie, AC, IRacing

Others are using different scanning technologies, like photogrammetry and people compare it to laser, which is definitely not. PCars2 comes to mind...

That corner in that particular track is the first time any car I've driven seems to act as seen in onboard vids, etc, where everything goes light and you're thrown viciously towards the wall on the right side before heading into mcphillamy. Any previous incarnation of bathurst I've tried never led any car to go even close to that wall, as it was either too flat, or far too wide. It was the one thing that really stood out on that track, compared to the others.

It also seems to follow more like it should into mcphillamy and around past skyline down into the esses. All the previous versions done by hand seem to be far too tight, steep or flat, in the same way the curves around hocheichen were badly represented in the GPL version of nords.

Last edited:
Download the night mods (loads available here) and then choose the Bathurst Night track and make sure the time of day is matched to the weather you have chosen, that's it.

I am using the V8 Supercars mod too. It is SOOOOPERB
Where are these mods?
I've just spent the last hour or so searching through the Cars mods and the Miscellaneous mods, but gave up in the end.

Game DEVs are using that term very loosely nowadays.

Some games we know the technology was actually used, as they show the scanners and point clouds from those scanners, ie, AC, IRacing

Others are using different scanning technologies, like photogrammetry and people compare it to laser, which is definitely not. PCars2 comes to mind...
Go over to iRacing, find their Bathurst track, and there's a very interesting video describing the work they did on creating their version of Bathurst.
The laser scanning is just the tip of the iceberg.

I've watched Bathurst for many, many years and been to the old 6 hours production race and all the 12 hours races.
Maybe economical it was a good move to go down the supercar route but to be each year it becomes less and less interesting. Congratulations to Craig on todays win the one highlight of the race. I'm much more of a 12 hour fan now since the V8 production cars went into history.

Having practiced on the track on RD that we'll be racing on Wed and then watching the iracing version, they seem quite different. If the iracing track is close to real life (which I'm sure it is), the AC mod on RD seems a fair amount off when going through the downhill section especially.

Having practiced on the track on RD that we'll be racing on Wed and then watching the iracing version, they seem quite different. If the iracing track is close to real life (which I'm sure it is), the AC mod on RD seems a fair amount off when going through the downhill section especially.
It is very well known the codemasters rip version that is on RD is wildly inaccurate.

I sent a message to the Reboot guys to rip the Isle of Man track from TT Isle of Man game. It's only a matter of time before it is in AC. Man, that is going to be amazing.
Be careful Yo, the Mod police may fine you for word association , they are a lot like the internet police trying to control your speech. Very Dangerous people. :giggle::cautious:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back