Best Apps/HUD VR

I Shall watch this thread with interest. Such a list would be helpful to a newbie VR user like me too.

I have still yet to actually get my Rift S to work. I often wondering VR is a cool as people say.

The SMG HUD pack worked for me ( Steam workshop ). Spent ages trying to get overlays working in VR to no avail. This sticks some useful info up around the virtual mirrors. Still an RFactor newbie so learning as I go.

I use Crewchief4 primarily for the spotter. I use VoiceAttack to program steering wheel buttons and provide different key assignment profiles for different cars. I also use some voice commands to do certain things like center vr, exit race, move the cursor in the pit window, etc. Note that I could probably do a lot of the VoiceAttack stuff in CC4 now. I downloaded the vrhud from the workshop and used dev mode to arrange the standard MFD windows where I wanted them on the screen in VR. I don't use anything except for the MFD windows. I only race offline

Crew Chief allow you to have overlays in VR.
TyniPedal has almost any overlay that you need.
That looks great actually, do you know if Crew Chief overlays also work using OpenXR instead of Steam VR? And do you notice any performance impact using the overlay(s)?

That looks great actually, do you know if Crew Chief overlays also work using OpenXR instead of Steam VR? And do you notice any performance impact using the overlay(s)?
i am working on this aswell, on SteamVR you can get overlays with Simhub on VR.
With OpenXR, the option was grayed out. So doesnt see to work by default.
(And with SteamVr, and CC, you need to mirror the HMD image to your screen.

So curious to OpenXR options aswell.

How does it actually look though? Is it seem less?
With this great app you can place a window of your choice in VR while using OpenXR.
Start an simhub dashboard/leaderboard etc of your choice in windowed mode en select this window in the app
No performance loss

I saw someone who was streaming their irl button box into the headset using a web cam using this GitHub programme lol. I’m sure it’s on you tube I’ll have a look
So it doesn't require the Wacom/etc. tablet? You can just use it to put an image in VR? A photo of my dog, for example? Or something trivial like the button layout on my wheel?

Edit rd saying file is too big so I uploaded it and I will leave a link for u.

Through the lens photo

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back